shape
carat
color
clarity

Scenes from JCK 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
An aspect of the GIA system that makes great sense: Finish grades influence the overall cut grade only if they are visible. In this particular aspect, group consensus is that the GIA is more realistic than the AGS.

0631_GIAFinish.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
The hot topic.

I was surprised that GIA devoted over 10 minutes to painting/digging since, by their admission, only around 3% of all diamonds submitted have their grades determined by these factors.

I had a long conversation with both gentlemen after the presentation (I’ll share details I have permission to in an appropriate thread). Short story: I'm buoyed by their already-existing awareness of concern about niche-market premium makes, and willingness to continue discussions and work towards solution/understanding. More to come.

0601_GIAHotTopic.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Garry asked some questions regarding the DD light environment at the conclusion of the GIA presentation and that discussion continued after the meeting (I''m sure comments on both the GIA and AGS presentations will be forthcoming).

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Variations on the princess cut. Check out the crown configuration on the right. Any of these crowns can be combined with any of the pavilion configurations, below.

AGS_PrinConfig.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Much-anticipated emerald cut information. Cut guidelines have been released as of today to manufacturers. It is hoped that factories will begin using this information to find ‘sweet spots’ so when the AGS 0 Ideal Emerald Cut metric is released there will already be candidates.

AGS_ECGeomerty.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
We each received a CD with great information on it. I suspect information will be disseminated on PS soon.

By the way, this is an actual photo of an emerald cut produced to new AGS ''sweet spot'' specs. Check out the dispersion. It''s going to be hard to wait, knowing that these are possible!

AGS_ComingSoon.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2006 6:30:22 AM
Author: JohnQuixote
We each received a CD with great information on it. I suspect information will be disseminated on PS soon.

By the way, this is an actual photo of an emerald cut produced to new AGS ''sweet spot'' specs. Check out the dispersion. It''s going to be hard to wait, knowing that these are possible!
SWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! THAT IS AN OUTRAGEOUS EC AND I WILL WANT ONE!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
(much to Hubby''s disgust)

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
A neat moment occurred during the AGS presentation when Wink Jones was mentioned by Peter Yantzer for effective use of the lab's innovations in his store that have boosted consumer confidence. Being singled out by the head of the most progressive lab as a role model is a distinct honor. We all know Wink the first guy to give credit to others, but he rarely allows the spotlight to heat him up… Too bad Wink – today you were center stage (bravo!).

WinkJonesJCK.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
After a great day of cut discussion we broke, then regrouped at a fantastic Thai food place for dinner. We had a neat discussion about Pricescope and the commendable commitment of PS regulars (not in the trade). Were your ears burning?
2.gif

0601_Dinner.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
After dinner several of us retreated to Harrah’s and the famous piano bar to see the ‘piano twins’ do their act. The show was about HCA 2.0... "Worth buying if the price is right"

0601_PianoBarTwin.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2006 6:35:10 AM
Too bad Wink – today you were center stage (bravo!).
I raise a glass of diet soda to another of my favourite PS gentlemen - Wink. You deserve to be centre stage for all you do and for the generous way you share your knowledge to anyone who wants to learn
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Nighty night Sir John and thanks!
24.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 6:06:01 AM
Author: Lorelei

Yikes John, it must be 3 am for you! I wish I could be there too and meet you all!
You''re right Lorelei it''s very late, but the past 2 days have been packed with great information and fellowship (this is the first chance I''ve had to post). More to come. Thanks for burning that late night oil with me.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pleasure Sir John, I thought you might like some company!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/2/2006 5:56:55 AM
Peter Yantzer’s Lotus!
Great shots John. I cracked up when I saw this. Was it you who did this last year with the Ferrari?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/2/2006 6:41:11 AM
A toast to colleagues not present this year (you are with us in spirit).
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results