shape
carat
color
clarity

Scary Dreams about proposals and weddings - OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
So I had a scary dream last night that he proposed and I didn''t like the ring! Even though I helped pick it out!!!
8.gif
In my dream I was upset about the inclusions and hemming and hawing about every little detail.

This isn''t the first time I''ve had bad dreams about the proposal or the wedding. I''ve had this dream several times: I have my wedding and when it''s over I decide I hated the wedding, my dress, the food, etc. and I want to redo the whole thing over!
32.gif

Am I the only one having these silly dreams?!?! I know it''s ridiculous and probably just nerves, but wanted to see if any other LIW''s are experiencing some pre-engagement anxieties like me....

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
It''s funny that you post this because I had my first ring-related dream last night. It was an ugly ring dream! My boyfriend gave me a ring with a cathedral setting that sat very high off my finger, which is awful for me because i''m clumsy and don''t want something that I''ll be banging into stuff. The setting kept growing larger and larger throughout the dream and by the end the diamond was more than 2 inches off my finger! Bizarre. I was so anxious about it, taking it to jewelers and asking them to cut it down.

I''m sure it is just anxiety-related, I always have anxiety dreams before big events but they''re usually the more prosaic "at school without books" or "starting a new semester and don''t have a class schedule". Even though I''ve been out of school for five years, all my anxiety dreams are still school-related.
1.gif
Now I can add RING anxiety to the repertoire!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 7:49:30 AM
Author:megumic
So I had a scary dream last night that he proposed and I didn''t like the ring! Even though I helped pick it out!!!
8.gif
In my dream I was upset about the inclusions and hemming and hawing about every little detail.

This isn''t the first time I''ve had bad dreams about the proposal or the wedding. I''ve had this dream several times: I have my wedding and when it''s over I decide I hated the wedding, my dress, the food, etc. and I want to redo the whole thing over!
32.gif

Am I the only one having these silly dreams?!?! I know it''s ridiculous and probably just nerves, but wanted to see if any other LIW''s are experiencing some pre-engagement anxieties like me....
This comment could get me shunned from pricescope, but I found that after the proposal the ring really didn''t matter all that much- it could of had a big, black inclusion right in the center of the stone and I still would of been thrilled.. I am a big, romantic sap though
3.gif

I never had dreams while I was a LIW but I have many now I am planning the wedding.. I sometimes wake up in a cold sweet- totally odd
4.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t really have any proposal dreams, that I can remember, but last night I dreamed that, when we went to the states for big reception party (my parents are mostly planning it as I live in England; we are only having a little ceremony here), they wouldn''t tell me where it is and so I missed it!
32.gif
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results