shape
carat
color
clarity

Scandal in the Joe Biden Family

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stone_seeker

Shiny_Rock
I know this isnt as exciting as a fake pregnancy, but Palin isnt the only VP with some issues. Except Joe Biden''s kids are being accused of a criminal act and Palin is protecting her family. But I guess since Biden is a man he gets a pass.

The Washington Post reports that Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Joe Biden has some drama going on in his family.
His brother, James, and son, Hunter, are being sued by a former business partner named Anthony Lotito Jr. for defrauding him and an investor of millions of dollars in a hedge fund deal that went sour, according to court records.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/23/AR2008082302200.html?referrer=emailarticle

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/4/2008 3:25:43 PM

Author:
stone_seeker

I know this isnt as exciting as a fake pregnancy, but Palin isnt the only VP with some issues. Except Joe Biden's kids are being accused of a criminal act

Well...you're right that finance isn't as interesting as sex. Also: I read what you posted. This is a civil suit, not a criminal proceeding.

PS-It's his brother and one son, not his sons.

Deborah
34.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
This isn't very Democratic-like, playing with millions of dollars??? Isn't that kind of activity reserved for us Republican's...
3.gif

Honestly, this has nothing to do with Biden at all. His son is 38 yrs old, and apparently made a poor business decision. Unless they prove that Biden was trying to hide his son from the press or that part of the $21.3 mill put up initially was from tax payers money, then there would be some drama.

stone_seeker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 3:50:26 PM
Author: meresal
This isn''t very Democratic-like, playing with millions of dollars??? Isn''t that kind of activity reserved for us Republican''s...
3.gif

Honestly, this has nothing to do with Biden at all. His son is 38 yrs old, and apparently made a poor business decision. Unless they prove that Biden was trying to hide his son from the press or that part of the $21.3 mill put up initially was from tax payers money, then there would be some drama.
I said Joe Biden family in the headline. People are focused on the Palin family but not the Biden family. Again, I admit its a yawner compared to teen pregnancy but the attacks continue to be one-sided.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/4/2008 3:56:20 PM

Author:
stone_seeker

but the attacks continue to be one-sided.

If one "side" does something which people feel they should speak out about in a free society, that happens.

Deborah
34.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I think this would be way more in the headlines if his son was still a minor--it''s not like this happened under Joe Biden''s roof.

Also, it''s a civil case...not criminal. I don''t see why this is a big deal at all.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 4:45:54 PM
Author: ladypirate
I think this would be way more in the headlines if his son was still a minor--it's not like this happened under Joe Biden's roof.

Also, it's a civil case...not criminal. I don't see why this is a big deal at all.
If Biden is involved then it's a HUGE deal...but we shall see...I'm sure now that since he's Obama's VP he won't be implicated either way.

It's only a civil case because it's a white collar crime and the plaintiffs don't want the defendants thrown in jail (at least that's not their first choice) but want the money promised to them. Fraud and dishonesty in money matters, IMHO, is just as bad as someone who steals money from your home.

As for Biden himself, I lost all respect for him as a senator (and a person) when he said:

"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”

AND

speaking of Obama: "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

You know all those other "mainstream African-American"s are so dirty, speak ebonics, dumb, and ugly.
20.gif
I was more shocked at Obama's choice of him as VP than I was with McCain's choice.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/5/2008 9:32:35 AM

Author:
IndyGirl22

If Biden is involved then it''s a HUGE deal...

If John McCain is a trolley car, it is also a huge deal.

Deborah
34.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 12:36:09 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
9/5/2008 9:32:35 AM

Author:
IndyGirl22

If Biden is involved then it''s a HUGE deal...

If John McCain is a trolley car, it is also a huge deal.

Deborah
34.gif
No idea what that means...care to explain? Actually, you don''t need to since this is a Biden thread...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/5/2008 1:28:03 PM

Author:
IndyGirl22

No idea what that means...care to explain? Actually, you don't need to since this is a Biden thread...

I haven't been following the political threads enough to know for sure what that means! Since people keep making up threads that are titled to exclude others, however, I am going to hazard a guess that you think I might be proprietary about this thread? If that is the case, let me disabuse you of that notion! First of all, I didn't start this thread; second of all, I never tell anyone to shut up.

As to what I meant above, perhaps I should have used the more standard expression, "If my grandmother had wheels, she would be a trolley car" to make my point.

My point was that if Joe Biden were doing something nasty, then that would be a Bad Thing, but no one has said that he is doing something nasty.

In other words, it is as relevant to discuss how bad it would be if Joe Biden did something he didn't do, as it is to discuss what the situation would be if my grandmother had wheels.

Deborah
34.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 7:42:14 PM

Date:
9/5/2008 1:28:03 PM

Author:
IndyGirl22

No idea what that means...care to explain? Actually, you don't need to since this is a Biden thread...

I haven't been following the political threads enough to know for sure what that means! Since people keep making up threads that are titled to exclude others, however, I am going to hazard a guess that you think I might be proprietary about this thread? If that is the case, let me disabuse you of that notion! First of all, I didn't start this thread; second of all, I never tell anyone to shut up.

As to what I meant above, perhaps I should have used the more standard expression, 'If my grandmother had wheels, she would be a trolley car' to make my point.

My point was that if Joe Biden were doing something nasty, then that would be a Bad Thing, but no one has said that he is doing something nasty.

In other words, it is as relevant to discuss how bad it would be if Joe Biden did something he didn't do, as it is to discuss what the situation would be if my grandmother had wheels.

Deborah
34.gif
Okay, since you said you don't follow the political threads then I'll explain...SS started this thread at the behest of a PSer on another thread who told him/her to start a Biden thread (hence the title) after she asked why no one is talking about this scandal so that the other thread would not get off topic. First of all, I never said you started this thread?
33.gif
Secondly, I never told you to shut up?
33.gif
I asked you explain what you meant because I didn't get what McCain & a trolley car had to do with this Biden thread...I guess it's just an old saying? I think discussing whether Biden's son/brother defrauded people out of millions of dollars is more relevant than discussing how much Palin's daughter's belly sticks out in her sweaters...but that's just me. If you didn't think this thread was relevant then I don't know why you would comment at all, but whatever that's your perogative (per the moderators's instructions).

Anyway, FWIW I think Biden has proven himself to be "nasty" enough without doing anything further. Like I said, I doubt he will be implicated either way now that he is VP, but it is pretty shady and I am interested to see what happens to his son/brother.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyGirl, we seem to be hopelessly entangled. I never meant to accuse you of many things of which you seem to think I was accusing you. I am afraid if I start to explain, I will dig myself deeper into a hole. I am not saying this is your fault. I have obvioulsy not been communicating well in this thread!!! Given that what you understood is not what I meant, can we start over?

PS-Yes, that saying about one''s grandmother being a trolley car if she had wheels is quite old. I guess that is why it features trolleys, although I have heard a more modern version of it featuring buses!

Deborah
34.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 9:25:55 PM

IndyGirl, we seem to be hopelessly entangled. I never meant to accuse you of many things of which you seem to think I was accusing you. I am afraid if I start to explain, I will dig myself deeper into a hole. I am not saying this is your fault. I have obvioulsy not been communicating well in this thread!!! Given that what you understood is not what I meant, can we start over?

PS-Yes, that saying about one''s grandmother being a trolley car if she had wheels is quite old. I guess that is why it features trolleys, although I have heard a more modern version of it featuring buses!

Deborah
34.gif
Okay Deborah...I didn''t mean to attack you or anything, I just didn''t get the reference but I think I do now. I actually tried to google "McCain" & "trolleys" to see if I missed any scandal but I didn''t find any! lol If you weren''t referring to me (about who started the thread & anyone telling you to shut up) then that''s great! Misunderstanding all cleared up!
1.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting Biden article in TIME (to my Catholic self, at least)...just FYI

stone_seeker

Shiny_Rock
very interesting...i wonder if he gets replaced by Hillary...not because of this but just in general. Hillary and Biden have been awfully quiet.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2008 2:24:26 PM
Author: stone_seeker
very interesting...i wonder if he gets replaced by Hillary...not because of this but just in general. Hillary and Biden have been awfully quiet.
Yeah, I don''t know...I think Biden gives him the foreign policy experience he is always criticized about, but Hillary would definitely swing the attention back his way, which he needs desperately. I think it''s just speculation though; hindsight is 20/20.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results