shape
carat
color
clarity

Scallops - new article by Bruce Harding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Bruce Harding (aka Beryl) published a new article Scallops, which should be interesting for those who are interested in technical details of the diamond cutting.

Thank you, Bruce, very much indeed.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for putting this together so it could be posted here bruce. i hope we will see more articles from you in the future.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl

is more info on this part available online?
"Some cutters do this twisting of break facets intentionally for reasons they deem important. More recently, GIA and AGS have written on this subject as to how it affects the appearance and weight of a diamond"

beryl

Shiny_Rock
Leonid: Thank you for publishing this. It is important to note that this was originally presented in 'DiamondTalk' as a forum discussion (note dates). There is no conflict because the illustrations are mine and the text is new.

Belle: Thank you for finding that thread in DiamondTalk and suggesting that I bring it forward as an article for newer readers. There will be several more like it. I hope that many will enjoy them.
My wife asked what to do with all my notes when I croak-off; this is one way to get rid of the completed stuff and share it at the same time. Lots of handy reference data in these.

Strmdr: I do not recall specifically where I have read AGS and GIA comments on this. I know that it is in the recent AGS CD mailings to its readers, but I think it has appeared here as an article by Peter Yantzer. I saw the GIA discussion somewhere; check their website.

Garry: In another thread, you said people were not interested in my tek talk. Well, some of them are, so I decided to provide the tekkie stuff as articles and you will not have to read it.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very well written and concise Beryl

Date: 11/17/2005 6:00:04 PM
Author: beryl
Strmdr: I do not recall specifically where I have read AGS and GIA comments on this. I know that it is in the recent AGS CD mailings to its readers, but I think it has appeared here as an article by Peter Yantzer. I saw the GIA discussion somewhere; check their website.
http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/15/1/The-Effects-of-Indexed-Upper-Half-Facets.aspx This is Peter Yantzer of AGS''s article - it is here on the Pricescope Journal Beryl.
GIA wrote an article for rapaport which I do not believe is available on-line - June issue of the Mag.

Garry: In another thread, you said people were not interested in my tek talk. Well, some of them are, so I decided to provide the tekkie stuff as articles and you will not have to read it. Exactly - "some of them are" It is a better way Beryl - as they can be more easily found in the journal section, and this works well for those here who want to link to reference articles - and that keeps the info less ''scary'' for newbies who simply want to buy a nice diamond.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl thanks for the link,
I thought it sounded familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results