shape
carat
color
clarity

say buh-by!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
E took the ring to his parents house to put in the deposit box..
for those who don't know, the Estone is coming from my grandma's (i call her memaw) E ring. When she passed, my aunt (who was about 14 when my papaw and memaw got married) recieved her engagement ring, orginal wedding band and upgraded wedding band. When my sister and i visited her last summer, she gave my sister the wedding band, and myself the engagement ring. Memaw was *our* grandma on my fathers side, as his mom passed before we were born. So, for obvious reasons, i really wanted to use the stone from my memaws ring in my engagement ring. I would have normally kept the orginal setting, however it is so old and worn down (and a size to small), i have to rebuild it before i can wear it again.

So here is my goodby thread to my memaws ring... and i am excited to see what will "she" will become...HOPEFULLY SOON!!!
Platnium 900/100(IRID)

Center Stone
.57 ct
1920's Old European Cut
Clarity SI-1
Color I
Cut Good

Side baguettes
.80 tcw
Clarity VS-1 to VS-2
Color G-H
Cut Good

Total Weight 1.37 ct

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
here is an old shot of it (trying to upload my new flower shots
37.gif
)

12345647945646.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
with the orginal wedding band

withweddingband1234564978.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
this is what the style of the setting looks like. no one outside of PS knows that the ring is already on layaway.
So the band is about the same thinness, but instead of being channel set, imagine it as a knife edge (so the sides are all sparkely too!!). also, aparently each little diamond is 4 prong set, the two sides are 3 prong and the big gun (teehee!) is 6 prong.

DM90500100_200zoomknifeedge.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
so once i load photoshop, i will upload the new pictures...

32.gif

omg, i just cant believe that it is finally happening where E is taking total control. crazy!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
and here it is, on a rose plant that E gave me about 2 weeks ago (becuase i am such an awesome girlfriend
3.gif
)

ring-shots-011.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is really beautiful! Can''t wait to see the reset!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thank you, me too(especially on my ring finger!!)

31.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Very exciting news! I absolutely cannot wait to see the finished ring
1.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the new setting you have picked out for it. Come back with pics and hand shots when you do get
it set!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thank you!

5.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice new setting! I really like the original ring. What are you going to do with the old setting?

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
That is so exciting! And yes, what are you doing with the original rings? I would likely melt them down to make my wedding band. Just a thought tho!

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2009 12:37:17 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
That is so exciting! And yes, what are you doing with the original rings? I would likely melt them down to make my wedding band. Just a thought tho!
Ooh, or maybe set a pretty, relatively inexpensive gemstone, like aquamarine or something.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock

i havent decided yet about the orginal. I would really like the rebuild it, and possibly incorporate the orginal wedding band into the rebuild (since the wedding band is cut on the bottom and VERY thin). I was thinking of getting a tourmaline that i saw on Barry''s website. I am pretty sure that i will at least rebuild it to its orginal setting so i can wear it as a RHR or hopefully by when we get married as my "something old".

here is a photo shop with the tourmaline. I think it goes quite well.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
dangit. can''t upload. will try in a bit!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the finished product!! Your new setting looks fantastic!
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hopefully, you won''t have to wait very long!!
Mayjah dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
that is soo pretty! what a lovely stone and ring. I second the thought that you should keep the setting and put a gemstone in its place!!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
here is the redesign.
a tourmaline i saw on barry''s website. i think it would look so lovely together (especially becuase my memaw wore green a lot).

321987456321.jpg

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Your grandma''s ring its very lovely,, congratulations!!! Don''t forget to post the pics of the new ring, hopefully he will propose very soon, so you don''t have to wait very long
9.gif

I was thinking maube you can put your birthstone in the olds grandma ring. just a tought.
33.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....your Memaw''s wedding rings are AWESOME!!!
30.gif

I have a Memaw, too, and she is 99 years old.
12.gif

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results