shape
carat
color
clarity

Sarin or certificate #''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been looking over some specs. on expert selection diamonds on a member''s website....in some cases the sarin #''s differ slightly from the certificate #''s....which would be more accurate?
For example: the girdle.....would want to stay away from very thin....one said thin-sthk on cert, but med to slthk on sarin....
Which one is more likely to be most accurate?
33.gif

dmo

Rough_Rock
I have the same problem with a sarin I am looking at. I was told by someone to go by the certificate, when in doubt because Sarin machine may not be calibrated correctly. I received an Idealscope also but for some reason I can not post it as it comes up with an error. My idealscope is of a princess it is almost all very red and dark pink with small dashes of black on the table. very few spots of white. Does anyone now how I can find out if this is good or not.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is normal... the difference should not be large, however. I think in cases of discrepancies you should trust the certificate, as I assume their Sarin machines are tested on a regular basis and with proper skills.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
You mean trust the GIA certificate, or the Sarin chart?????

Lucky8

Rough_Rock
Go crop the picture and reduce to 256 colour to get under 100k and try again....

dmo

Rough_Rock
I believe we have to trust the GIA report

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call or email the vendor and ask.
If you dont trust them enough to answer the question honestly then you shouldnt do business with them over the net.

There is a some what lose standard of accuracy on the sarin at best so if it is a boarderline case it might come out different if ran twice in a row on the same machine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results