shape
carat
color
clarity

sarin necessary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I will soon be purchasing a diamond for my engagement ring. I will be doing so online. I planned on having the diamond sent to an appraiser who would do a sarin. One local appraiser told me that he does the 10 measurements of a sarin but does not actually run a real sarin report. He will calculate crown height %, pavillion, girdle etc. Is this fine or do I need a real sarin. I mean the info should be the same right?

Also, he does not have a brilliance scope but said they are not necessary. The number he calculates above will tell you enough about the fire, brilliance etc. He said if the cut is bad then fire and brilliance will not be good. Is he just saying this because he does not use the brilliance scope. Is it necessary if I have the sarin numbers?

Thanks

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully others will reply...but...and inasmuch as you already know that one of the things you''ll seek from an independent appraiser is confirmation of proportions with sarin measurements...know that most such appraisers haven''t made the investment in that equipment. The handful of appraisers here have done so, however, and you can use them, as an option. Denver Appraiser, Richard Sherwood (ogi), Dave Atlas, Rock Dock, probably Adams in Boston...also, some of these bring other resources to the table, too, to include having the option of employing other performance analysis devices (Dave Atlas uses imagem).

One key thing sarin does is measure crown & pavilion angles. It''s not new info that these are important, and years ago, this was attempted, too. But, older and other technology can''t get with the variance that makes this info useful. And, purportedly, if you''re looking to confirm the beauty of the stone by way of these important determinants...there''s no shortcut I know of.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results