shape
carat
color
clarity

sarin done locally?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyinstl

Rough_Rock
I live in missouri and am looking to get a sarin done on my stone, is that possible

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I can''t help, but I just was wondering, What is sarin
emquestion.gif

I''ve heard it a lot.

Thanks!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Sarin Technologies is the name of the company that makes several models of proption measuring machines.

The model of machine is important as well, as is the upgrades of the software. (Check www.sarin.com )

The most commonly found model is the Brilliant Eye. It is NOT the most accurate of models, but because it costs about 25% of the more professional unit, it is much more common to find that model in stores.

Sarin''s latest software is the Diamond Pro software, which reports the cut grading of the AGS. AGS is changing their grading system. AGS will also be selling their software, that will be compatible with the better units of Sarin. AGS should begin to sell and distribute software in the next week or two. Whether those of us who want to use it will have to have both the new AGS software, or an upgraded version of Dia Pro software that will be rewritten to the New grading standards from AGS. I''ll know more about it shortly, and will post it here.

Be cautioned that many cliam to provide a Sarin report, but actually deliver an OGI/ Megascope report. The OGI megascope is no where near as accurate as the Sarin, and costs about half the price.

Another unit is called the Helium which is marketed by Moscow university by the same folks who make Diamond Calc, and I believe Gary Holloway may be involved in its marketing too. Sergey, Yuri particpate in this forum as does Gary Holloway ( Cut Nut).

I am not sure who has the DiaPro Unit in your local area. However several participants in this forum do have it. I believe Dave Atlas, Denver Appraiser, and I are the three appraisers who have made the investment the are skilled in performing the scans. Some sellers here have the Sarin Dia Pro are Good Old Gold, Nice Ice, and Jonathan. There may be others but I don''t know who they are

Rockdoc

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the info.
Always learning here on PS!
emthup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results