shape
carat
color
clarity

Sarah Palin.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Um, hate to say it, but, is it possible that Sarah Palin has gotten where she is today because of her looks????

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I disagree..I mean I think she is nice looking and all..but not that good looking. *Shrug* But that''s jut me.
5.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hate to say, but I don''t think she''s that good looking.
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
JINX!
36.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think she has show-stopping looks but compared to other female politicians she is definitely among the "elite". I don't think she has gotten where she is because of her looks though. There's always the backlash against pretty people, which can be seen rampant nowadays in some of the criticisms of Palin, so it's a double-edged sword.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Hate to say it but my husband, who is FANATICALLY Democratic, said, he''d do her. I hope that is not too crude for this forum.....lol

Oh, and I''m sure some of those Pakistani guys would too.....
31.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 4:16:12 PM
Author: starsapphire
Hate to say it but my husband, who is FANATICALLY Democratic, said, he''d do her. I hope that is not too crude for this forum.....lol

Oh, and I''m sure some of those Pakistani guys would too.....
31.gif
PFFF!!! LOL!

I doubt my FF would feel the same about her, unless it got her to stop talking.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
I am also hoping for some male input here as well........
35.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 4:16:12 PM
Hate to say it but my husband, who is FANATICALLY Democratic, said, he'd do her. I hope that is not too crude for this forum.....lol

Oh, and I'm sure some of those Pakistani guys would too.....
31.gif
Yeah, even the most liberal-minded of my friends called her a "babe."
1.gif
She'd definitely be one of the prettiest in Washington.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
SO doesn''t find her attractive--I think I referred to her as a "GILF" once and he was like "eww...no."

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 4:13:23 PM
Author: elledizzy5
JINX!
36.gif

Haha looks like we DO agree on something!!
36.gif
5.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think her looks have hurt her one bit, and they probably have helped her in many ways. I do think she''s good looking, especially compared to other politicians, male and female, who are typically a lot older than she is. And it''s well known that good looking people tend to have opportunities that average looking people don''t.

I''m in a psychology class right now on conformity, obedience and compliance and we''re learning about leaders right now. There are actually only a few qualities that seem to be correlated to being a good president of the US (good based on public perception and history), and without busting out my notes, those are:

1. being tall
2. being good looking
3. coming from a small family

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 6:03:32 PM
Author: thing2of2
I don''t think her looks have hurt her one bit, and they probably have helped her in many ways. I do think she''s good looking, especially compared to other politicians, male and female, who are typically a lot older than she is. And it''s well known that good looking people tend to have opportunities that average looking people don''t.

I''m in a psychology class right now on conformity, obedience and compliance and we''re learning about leaders right now. There are actually only a few qualities that seem to be correlated to being a good president of the US (good based on public perception and history), and without busting out my notes, those are:

1. being tall
2. being good looking
Interesting info thing2. I agree that it probably hasn''t hurt Palin but I don''t think that''s the main reason for her success either (not saying you said this). Those three characteristics seem to describe Obama, although I don''t consider him good-looking I know several people that do.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Hehehehehe. I was just reading Wikipedia''s Sarah Palin page... she won the "Miss Congeniality" award in the Miss Alaska pageant.

9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
No. Most men would not support a woman because of her looks. Now if he thought he would get ''something'' from her, maybe. A number of women, on the other hand, will vote for a guy because he''s good looking. Pollsters found that out after both the 1960 (JFK) election and the 1992 (Clinton) election.

I would venture to say that most men do not find Palin that attractive.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
she''ll be wearing a bikini tomorrow night during the debate against Biden.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I don't know about you, but I know that I've only earned my current position because of my good looks!
31.gif

Like HollyS mentioned, I've read studies that the candidates' physical appearance affects female voters more than male voters..then again, the candidates are usually men.

Wasn't it Gladwell whe wrote about the "Warren Harding Error"? Essentially the American public thought Warren Harding looked the part of a president and was voted into office because of it.

I'm not so sure Palin looks the part of a VP with her having boobs and all.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 6:49:31 PM
Author: HollyS
No. Most men would not support a woman because of her looks. Now if he thought he would get ''something'' from her, maybe. A number of women, on the other hand, will vote for a guy because he''s good looking. Pollsters found that out after both the 1960 (JFK) election and the 1992 (Clinton) election.

I would venture to say that most men do not find Palin that attractive.
Right, and even if they did, that doesn''t mean they''d vote for her. If anything, I would think it works against her "presidential-ness" in their minds.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2008 7:05:27 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I don''t know about you, but I know that I''ve only earned my current position because of my good looks!
31.gif

Like HollyS mentioned, I''ve read studies that the candidates'' physical appearance affects female voters more than male voters..then again, the candidates are usually men.

Wasn''t it Gladwell whe wrote about the ''Warren Harding Error''? Essentially the American public thought Warren Harding looked the part of a president and was voted into office because of it.

I''m not so sure Palin looks the part of a VP with her having boobs and all.
maybe she can down size if she becomes VP.
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Consider the political world, she is prettier than most for sure, but in the world outside politics not so much...I mean, she would be attractive but not stunning.

But it has to be that cause nothing else makes sense!

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 6:52:37 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

she''ll be wearing a bikini tomorrow night during the debate against Biden.
Yeah, with a shotgun and some pelts in her hand!!!!
27.gif

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 7:05:27 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I don''t know about you, but I know that I''ve only earned my current position because of my good looks!
31.gif

Like HollyS mentioned, I''ve read studies that the candidates'' physical appearance affects female voters more than male voters..then again, the candidates are usually men.

Wasn''t it Gladwell whe wrote about the ''Warren Harding Error''? Essentially the American public thought Warren Harding looked the part of a president and was voted into office because of it.

I''m not so sure Palin looks the part of a VP with her having boobs and all.
The first thing my DH noticed about her was her boobs!!!!
31.gif

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 4:17:40 PM
35.gif
I find her extremely attrractive and would definately "do" her on looks alone. lol What makes her mesmerising is the fact that she is assertive, a little aggressive, and can carry on a conversation about something besides kids,money,houses,hubbys job, etc. What puts her into the "all that AND a bag of chips " category is that she does not back down from anybody. JMO but then I dont like dumb women with "welcome" stamped on their forehead.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2008 11:31:42 PM
Author: Tropicmaster

Date: 10/1/2008 4:17:40 PM
35.gif
I find her extremely attrractive and would definately ''do'' her on looks alone. lol What makes her mesmerising is the fact that she is assertive, a little aggressive, and can carry on a conversation about something besides kids,money,houses,hubbys job, etc. What puts her into the ''all that AND a bag of chips '' category is that she does not back down from anybody. JMO but then I dont like dumb women with ''welcome'' stamped on their forehead.
Haha yeah - not a day goes by that my 20-something law school male friends don''t talk about how "hot" she is! I think she''s very ATTRACTIVE, as opposed to "hot" or "sexy," to a lot of men who don''t like doormat women. The prettiest women aren''t necessarily the most attractive - she must have that little something extra.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 6:03:32 PM
Author: thing2of2
I don't think her looks have hurt her one bit, and they probably have helped her in many ways. I do think she's good looking, especially compared to other politicians, male and female, who are typically a lot older than she is. And it's well known that good looking people tend to have opportunities that average looking people don't.

I'm in a psychology class right now on conformity, obedience and compliance and we're learning about leaders right now. There are actually only a few qualities that seem to be correlated to being a good president of the US (good based on public perception and history), and without busting out my notes, those are:

1. being tall

2. being good looking

... and then there's George Bush...

Personally, i think you could equally argue that a good-looking woman from the small time could also be patted on the head, (or the bottom) and told to fetch the coffee.

As an aside: Obama is the best-looking person in politics right now, in any case.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results