shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire ring needs a friend..;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I posted here some months ago when I received a sapphire ring from my in-laws. I also mentioned that this ring hardly gets any sunshine. Apart from it being rather loud (and blingy:), I fnd it hard to match my existing white gold earrings (be it diamond studs or leverbacks). Is it just me or do other sapphire ring wearers feel the same?

Since the x''mas season is coming, DH has suggested that we approach our jeweler, based in SG(he did our wedding bands+e-ring). Hooray!! So, I would really appreciate some ideas on a suitable pair of earrings. Thanks in advance. I have posted the link to my sapphire ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wedding-gift-from-my-in-laws.121373/

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
I usually don't think about my earrings matching my engagement ring. I never thought about it....hmmmmm

What are you wearing instead of your e-ring? A wedding band? I might be tempted to reset the sapphire e-ring so I could wear it daily instead of getting earrings. That stone is too lovely to sit in a drawer and it would probably bring your in-laws a lot of joy to see you wear it!

ETA - Just read through your post and saw that you got a lot of advice to leave the ring alone!!! All of my jewelry is everyday stuff. I want to wear it and when I pass it to my daughter, I want her to remember me wearing it. Just my opinion. The ring is a knock-out!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stuff rarely matches, especially since I change out my earrings all the time, not to mention I have a few different gemstone rings. I just wear whatever I feel like wearing that day. If you want your earrings to be versatile, go for diamond studs or something with just white diamonds. That way, it’ll go well with any colour gemstones and other diamonds.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m not a terribly matchy person (my watch is yellow gold, my wedding set platinum, though I do hope that two such "everyday" pieces give me an out for other pieces, since anything I wear will have to match one of the staples), but I know what you mean. I tend to worry more about earrings matching pendants and bracelets than I do about rings, but since your gorgeous ring has so much presence, I can see how you might feel it could overshadow smaller, more everyday pieces. I love the idea of getting a lovely pair of sapphires in a similar halo style, dangling from hooks for a little movement ... or, since you already have studs, perhaps you could have them made up as dangles?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is a totally FAB gift from your ILs, especially since it was given to your MIL when your DH was born. I would keep the ring as it is.

I love the idea of smaller sapph. set just like the ring and made to dangle from diamond hoops. I''d go with that!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Personally, I wouldn''t go for sapphires. Unless you get honking big ones (which may end up being too much bling to wear with the ring), they are just going to look, well, small and unimportant near that ring. I would choose something elegant and more understated. I wthing a pair of diamond hoops would work well: the diamonds in the earing would echo the ring in the halo nicely, for a well rounded but not matchy-matchy look.

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your comments and feedback! I visited two jewelers this week and really like the idea of a sapphire/diamond loop earrings. It feels modern to me and seems to complement my ring pretty well. I am going to try on a few more designs such as the dangling earrings suggested here..somehow i find sapphire studs slightly *stiff* for me..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results