shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire question

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I found this on Ebay and the seller has lots of sapphires that he claims to be 100% natural. The prices are too good to be true for natural sapphires so I''m assuming they''re synthetic. If you only pay $10 for one with shipping and it is synthetic is that still a good price?

Here''s the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/1-39-CT-FANTASTIC-PEAR-KASHMIR-BLUE-NATURAL-SAPPHIRE-/170503174340?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b2c7f8c4

I would really like to find a natural blue pear sapphire to set in a LOGR setting but I don''t really know where to look since I''ve never bought one. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2010 5:05:45 PM
Author:GrlsbestfrndIf you only pay $10 for one with shipping and it is synthetic is that still a good price?

If its disclosed, whatever you want to pay is fair.

I wouldn''t bother on this one; check out Odysseygem or Gemburionline on Ebay. Both are the same vendor, who is trusted and will also include reputable lab reports for a very reasonable cost.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have purchased an untreated natural blue round sapphire from Gemburionline, contingent upon certification from AGL.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diffused sapphires are natural sapphires too, just not natural in color, and can be had for $10 per stone.

I would only buy a sapphire from a reputable dealer who can provide a lab cert that definitively can check for diffusion, like GIT or GIA. GIT is the most cost effective.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I really wanted to get a pear sapphire and halo it.

What does everyone think about this? (it would be a right hand ring)

LOGR pear

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/30/2010 12:13:59 PM
Author: Grlsbestfrnd
Thanks everyone! I really wanted to get a pear sapphire and halo it.

What does everyone think about this? (it would be a right hand ring)

LOGR pear

That is a pretty logr pear mount! I love blue pear sapphire in diamond halo too, this is my current and latest earring project :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results