shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire eternity band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to add a sapphire ring or two to my wedding set because sapphires are the birthstone for September and that''s the month we were married. I''m sort of in love with two styles of rings: 1. a very thin sapphire band I can wear in between my eternity band and engagement ring and 2. a Fay-Cullen-type of sapphire and diamond art deco eternity band ring. I think I''ll end up with both rings because I can wear them together, but for now I think I''m going to focus on getting a thin sapphire eternity band.

I''ve gone through some old posts on PS to find vendors--I know that facets has a sapphire eternity band in their maternal collection (so pretty!). The thin Leon bands are perfect, but it''s more than I want to spend. SDL mentioned Ross-Simons and the prices there are great--they have a thin (2mm) french cut sapphire eternity ring for $140. I''ve also checked out overstock.com.

The only thing I know is that I want shared prong, not channel, and I really want something 2mm or less (preferably 1.5mm). I''m pretty flexible on the shape of the stones--my e-ring is a square emerald cut with small pear and round brilliant sides and my eternity band is round brilliants--I like mixing shapes! I don''t really want to spend more than $400 or so on this ring if possible.

If anybody can think of some other vendors for a ring like this, please, please let me know. I''ve just been looking around a bit, I want to find something I love before I buy anything.

Thanks!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi NEL!!!

MH just got me this band (see pic below): Here is where he purchased it from: http://www.desiresbymikolay.com/product.php?i=212&d=5&p=1&n=9
Its a Gabriel and Co stackable band.

Its really pretty, (seems like exactly what you are looking for) very delicate, and the price is good. I dont know the exact mm width, I would guess around 1.6-1.7mm.

I also like the Facets sapphire eternity alot...but maybe its too wide for you, since you are looking at something less than 2mm...You can probably always ask them to make something custom for you....

product212-0m.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Also, FYI, the ring I just got is the same ring that PS-coper asscher-girl got awhile ago (except hers has rubies instead of sapphires). Here is her thread so you can get an idea of size and how this band looks on the hand....

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/check-out-my-new-ruby-stack-ring.57480/

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
DTNYC, thanks so much for that website, I looked through all of the bands and there are some beautiful diamond and sapphire bands!!

Dani, the ring you posted is PERFECT!! Thank you so much, this is definitely my favorite of all the bands I''ve seen. Thank you, thank you!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Great!

I will try to post a few pics of it on my hand when I get a chance!!!

Let me know if you end up getting it!!!
2.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
i have the maternity signed pieces sapphire ring - got it as my wedding ring.. and i love it..
the color of the blue is amazing and it sparkles like crazy...
i would highly recommend.

here''s my set

Image_8133.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
one more

Image_8134.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Vizsla, your set is beautiful, I love it. Not only do I envy your rings, but Dwight from The Office is one of my favorite characters ever and vizslas are one of my favorite breeds :)

The sapphires in the small eternity band look stunning, that''s exactly what I''m looking for.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
i know... i''m so bummed with this darn writers strike! i want my office back - i''m going thru withdrawl ;-)

thanks for the kind words... my set may be a little different, but i love it!

and for reference my ring size is 6

both diamond bands are 3.4mm

the sapphire band is 2.1mm - and to be honest i wish i would have gotten a thicker sapphire band.. i thought i wanted an even smaller band (around 1.5 - 1.7mm - so i was expecting this sapphire band to feel really thick and not dainty) - i was wrong - it is really dainty - not that i''m unhappy with it AT ALL - i just wish i wouldn''t have been so scared to go a little thicker....

and aren''t vizslas the best? i''m sure my DH would have other words for her (as they are also a handful!) but so smart and loving -- i call her my "velcro dog" ;-)

here''s a pic of just the band by itself.

happy new year!

Image_8135.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results