shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mermaidhair

Rough_Rock
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well-

A few months back I asked for some advice in these forums regarding a sapphire ring, and with the kind direction received here, took the ring/stone to GIA for certification.

The previous thread is here (I couldn't continue the thread as it's now locked) : https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-advice-please-light-sapphire.135033/

I picked up the ring/report today and the report results came back as follows:

Though they couldn't determine carat weight due to it being set, I believe it is 11 carats. I did not request country of origin info but was told it was purchased loose in India.

Measurements: 11.35x11.3x9.55
Shape: Cushion
Cutting Style (crown): Modified Brilliant Cut
Cutting Style (pavillion): Step Cut
Transparency: Transparent
Color: Blue

Species: Natural Conundrum
Variety: Natural Sapphire

Treatment
No Indications of Heating (NTE)

What would I need to from here in order to obtain a reasonable estimate regarding the price? As I would like to sell the ring.

Thanks in advance!

ringasd6.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would take it to a jewelry appraiser that has familiarity with sapphires. The one thing the GIA report does not indicate is the quality of color, and someone needs to see it in person to evaluate that. If it's fine in color, and the fact that it's a large stone and unheated, I would imagine it has significant value.

The appraisal and the GIA report would be very beneficial in terms of replacement value, but not necessarily the value for which it would sell for. You would get an idea of the worth though. It was smart of you to send it to to the GIA.

A list of appraisers can be found in this link.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I think you should take it to christie''s or sotheby''s. Looks to me like that stone would perform well in a good auction house setting

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Very nice..took advice from pros on here and put it to good use..well done..thats what you want to hear..everything so far looks on the up and up..big stone!!!!..I would recommend Richard Sherwood at Sarasota gem labs..I like someone who I know, knows their stuff and who I have spoken with before and feel very comfortable with www.sarasotagemlab.com

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''d call some of the larger dealers in these types of stones and have them give you a quote if interested. Looking around on the web at sapphires of this size and color and it looks like you could expect maybe $800 to $1500...per carat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results