shape
carat
color
clarity

Santa Maria Aqua Cats Eye Cab

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, this is probably a HUGE mistake and will probably turn out to be the duffer of the century so I''m getting all my excuses out of the way before it arrives
36.gif

I saw this gem on Ebay about a month ago and it really captivated me. I don''t know why but it just called to me. I''ve never bought from this seller before but his feedback is ok(ish). Anyway, long story short, I did an auction sniper on it, went to bed and found somebody had beaten me by $5 in the morning
8.gif

I emailed the seller and asked on the off-chance if he had another. He said "sorry no, these are difficult to get hold of but he''d keep an eye out for me". I bugged him for a week or so but he didn''t find another. Then a couple of days ago he sent me an email asking whether I was still interested because the gem had been returned to him as the seller had moved and it couldn''t be delivered. Ok, I''m not naive - it may well have been returned etc etc. So he said that he wanted near to the original selling price. I contemplated and then put in a much lower offer - one that if this turns out to be a dud I won''t be unhappy at spending the money on it. He said he would check with others in the auction and the person with the highest bid would win. I told him I needed to know because I was out of action for a few days and wouldn''t be able to reply (all true). Anyway, 24 hours later I was the winner!

So, this is on it''s way ...........

Santa Maria Aquamarine Cabochon Cats Eye, 14.26ct from Santa Maria de Itabira, Brazil.
It''s a biggie - 15.54 x 12.64 x 9.72 mm

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I just love these translucent gems. They look nearly edible. You should remember when you get it, that seeing the eye as brightly as the picture often requires a strong single light. Even when the eye is not so sharp they seem to look just shimmering all the time, somewhat like silk, or one of those old buttons in my grandmothers button box when I was a kid.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the advice Michael. I suspect you're correct as one look at the tweezers in the photos show that strong lighting has been used. To be honest, the translucency and the colour got me and the cats eye was a bonus so I won't mind if the cat's eye doesn't make an appearance too often! I'm preparing myself however that it'll probably be grey, included or synthetic!!!!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Well, the color is quite nice regardless, hope the eye is visible in regular lighting.

Laura

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
I hope it turns out to be the real deal for you!! Good luck!

ETA: Don't you hate those bidders that beat you by a few dollars. It drives me nuts, that's why I like By It Now's, or best offers.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, LD, I hope it turns out to be what you want! I really like the color.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you. I noticed strong shadowing and super shinny tweezers so the blue could be a nicer darker tone but I hope the eye will still be visible.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! If it''s only half that pretty IRL it will be a stunner! I''ve got my fingers crossed for you too!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the first thing I said when I scrolled to see the picture was holy SH*T!

It looks amazing
30.gif
Hopefully its true to what he says it is, that would be sweet!

-A

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Santa Maria Aqua Cat''s Eye..." with a name like this, one can not go wrong! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
In the picture it looks nice. I hope it looks ok in real life.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD, I can''t wait for you to get it. The picture looks amazing. I hope it looks just as good IRL!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
big gamble LD, that stone looks too good to be true!

i really hope it works out, fingers crossed for you
3.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Looks stunning. Hope you love it.
35.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
LD, great find!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really nice. Hope you love it when you see it IRL!!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Also noticed the strong lighting, but also hope it looks good in RL.
The edges where the light isnt as strong look grey, but I hope that is just a trick of the eye. The blue is very pretty!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Any updates!?

31.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2010 8:10:34 PM
Author: Largosmom
Any updates!?

31.gif

No I''m afraid not. I''m doing the international post shuffle while waiting!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy cow what a color! I hope it''s real and it''s as great a color as it looks in the pictures!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Darn, I''m hopeful it''s as pretty as it looks in photos! Good luck.
1.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
LD...dying of suspense -- how did this one turn out? Would you recommend this seller?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results