shape
carat
color
clarity

sam''s club or Costco?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
So we want to start shopping at one of those big stores to get some saving on our grocery bills. Is Sam''s club better or Costco better in terms of freshness and price as well as variety in their food. Thanks.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I only shop at Costco...wont shop at A Walmart owned or operated store...havent since researching their unethical business practices and poor treatment of employees.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2008 1:24:37 AM
Author: jewelerman
I only shop at Costco...wont shop at A Walmart owned or operated store...havent since researching their unethical business practices and poor treatment of employees.

ditto! walmart is not as nice to their employees. Costco FTW.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Costco ALL THE WAY.

I will never ever give a dollar of my money to any Walmart related company.

They are a horrid company that treat their employees SOOO poorly and engage in unethical business practices.

There is a great documentary on it..."The High Cost of Low Price."

Moral of the story - Walmart blows.

If you have the choice of both - Costco all the way.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Costco ! and i always stop by their jewelry case.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 4:38:15 AM
Author: JulieN

ditto!
THRITTO! (An interesting thing to watch is "Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price")

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
i shop at sams. We had a free 3 month membership to costco and found the prices to be alot higher at costco..

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
+1......research their business practices with chinese contractors and the sweatshops as well.

movie zombie

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

Agreed!!! I''ve got nothing else
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
As someone who has made a pitch to Costco on a product, I will tell you this:

Costco''s demographic is actually middle to upper middle class. If you have two products, similar but one a bit better than the other and more expensive, they will choose the more EXPENSIVE one. However, your price to them had better be the best price out there on the market. And while you can find all sorts of things at Costco, you''ll find that you will usually only find one (maybe two) brands of what you are looking for...for instance, only Tide and Kirkland brand when it comes to laundry detergent. Costco is big on wanting the market LEADER in the brand segment.

They want high quality at the lowest prices. So when you go to Costco, you will often find some pretty cool things at some pretty amazing prices(you''ll notice that especially in the seasonal items).

I have not been in Sam''s club and do not know what their target demographic is (we do pitch to them, but they are not my account). But I would guess that if their demographic is the same as their walmart demographic, you would find a different class of products than at Costco. At Walmart, cost is king. At Costco, brand and quality seem to be king.

Also, if you like wine, I''ve heard that Costco is the top wine retailer in the states. Makes for a variety of wine at great prices.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 11:02:37 AM
Author: FireGoddess
Date: 8/21/2008 4:38:15 AM
Author: JulieN
ditto!
THRITTO! (An interesting thing to watch is ''Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price'')
Quadritto!!

I love Costco. We buy exclusively Kirkland TP
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
We love Costco, we buy everything there.

Linda

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for Costco! And I LOVE their return policy, I''ve returned a vacuum after over a year and got a brand new one and did the same thing with an X-box.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 1:01:30 PM
Author: BriBee
Another vote for Costco! And I LOVE their return policy, I''ve returned a vacuum after over a year and got a brand new one and did the same thing with an X-box.
Hopefully there was something wrong with the two items you returned?

Costco had to change its electronics return policy to 90 days because of abuse.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Costco all the way!!!!
36.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 11:08:26 AM
Author: movie zombie

+1......research their business practices with chinese contractors and the sweatshops as well.

movie zombie
MOVIE ZIMBIE,
Exactly...did a 2 month research project for marketing class 4 years ago...the sweatshop and contractor problems are huge!You should research the problems their employess have affording medical insurance and affordable housing.And what they do to companies after they have them under contract for name brand products(vlasic pickles are an example)

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Big Huge Fat Ditto!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I shop both.

Sam''s Club is geared for small business. I find that Sam''s is cheaper than Costco on most products. Sam''s also had a manned jewelry counter so there is someone to help you at all times. What you won''t find are premium brand jeans, clothing, shoes, and other products like Costco. This is because their products are geered for small businesses not the everyday shopper.

Heres what I like at Sam''s
-meat department
-most dry grocery
-jewelry
-cleaning products

Sam''s is NOTHING like Wal-mart. The two have a completely different demographic. I refuse to shop at wal-mart for various reasons.

I am not a fan of Kirkland (Costco brand products) but I do lilke Members Mark (Sams Club brand)

Here is what I like about Costco
-deli, produce, bakery, cooler items
-great seasonal products like kids toys during Christmas
-Clothing and beauty supplies
-more checkers at the counters

I like them both.

I hope this helps
1.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
What's Walmart??
38.gif
The only Sam I am is Dr. Suess.

COSTCO BABY!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote here for COSTCO. I love it!!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 12:15:45 AM
Author: miraclesrule
What''s Walmart??
38.gif
The only Sam I am is Dr. Suess.

COSTCO BABY!!
FUNNY.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I love Costco! I'm embarrased to admit its one of my favorite places to shop. Wtih a lot of kids, I spend a lot of money there. It is a pain they only take American Express and I had to get an American Express card when I joined there. No biggie though.

I won't shop at Sam's club because its owned by Walmart and I won't give that company my money because I don't support thier business practices.

edited to add, has anyone seen Michael Moore's movie Sicko? There is lots in there about Walmart and how their employees are treated in regards to poor benifits. They support sweatshops in China as well.

There was also a big article a year or two about how Costco employees are treated much better than Walmart/Sams' club employees.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
FYI Costco not that great to their employees either.

I love Costco. I find they have a better selection and they also have an Italian Sausage Lasagna that is TDF!!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 11:20:46 AM
Author: fieryred33143

I love Costco. I find they have a better selection and they also have an Italian Sausage Lasagna that is TDF!!

Actually, I recently read a report regarding workplace satisfaction, and Costco had a VERY high employee satisfaction rating.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 11:45:54 AM
Author: littlelysser

Date: 8/22/2008 11:20:46 AM
Author: fieryred33143

Actually, I recently read a report regarding workplace satisfaction, and Costco had a VERY high employee satisfaction rating.
Must be the one in Miami then, which is not suprising
28.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 1:20:01 AM
Author:lovegem
So we want to start shopping at one of those big stores to get some saving on our grocery bills. Is Sam''s club better or Costco better in terms of freshness and price as well as variety in their food. Thanks.
Im happy to see that there are so many pricescopers who are aware about the businesses around them...I wasnt sure how my comments would be viewed on the forum.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Who ever is cheapest. I switch.

People who are concerned with Chinese sweatshops should do more than boycott Sams/WalMart. Try to eliminate all Chinese products
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Costco

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results