color
clarity

#JOTW Salute to the Craftsman Who Made My Diamond Necklace

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bluemoon2|1363053347|3402541 said:
It's simple gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:
You and your DBTY/COL pendant look amazing together.
The WF workmanship is super!

I am now having hard time to find an ACA in 0.45 range. Soon ACA in 0.30-0.40 will run out too ....

You cracked me up about ACA inventory running out, but it is so true.

Yes, I am also surprised that the long necklace looks good pairing up with the COL pendant necklace.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1363043478|3402358 said:
It looks amazing on you, FD! Thanks for all the latest pics! BTW, how heavy is it and does it get caught on hair at all?

Didn't you have a diamond studs project in the works, also?

Not, the long necklace is not heavy at all. It is the same weight as that for two 18-inch platinum necklaces, as the diamonds are very light. I had my husband measure the weight of the two platinum necklaces before I shipped them out to Whiteflash. Forgot the exact number, but it could be 33 grams (??) Anyway, the necklace is not heavy, and I forget I have it on. However, the weight is enough to keep the necklace from sliding much up/down my neck.

I got my platinum diamond studs last year. I pair them up with my hearts jackets. Since there is no airline, the combination looks like a three-dimensional fire ball as opposed to a fire disc. The effect is amazing. Therefore, for more formal occasions, I wear my large studs with the hearts jackets.

Here are some photos.

img_693.jpg

img_3930.jpg

img_3932.jpg

img_3935.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving your new 6 prong studs--they look like mine! Now I can see how they fit in jackets! :love: I may go custom in the future for my jackets if I have enough ear lobe space left!

Can you remind us of the specs on your new upgraded studs?! Any ear shots for the new studs/jacket combo by chance?

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your necklace! It really looks as if it was made that way. This project was just obviously meant to be. Do you ever put the extender on and wear it wrapped double? And how much do you wear it? Is it for everyday or just ore dressy occasions? I also love your studs with no airline, and I adore your pear DBTY that I've seen before. Your collection is so classic and elegant.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, love the studs and jackets, too! I have the WF jackets on my list as well as a long DBY! But mine will definitely have to be more modest than yours because I couldn't buy nice platinum chains like yours!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That came out amazingly well! What a beautiful piece!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your necklace is STUNNING and it looks fabulous on you! :appl: I trust you will get lots of pleasure (and many, many compliments) from wearing it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your necklace is amazing. I especially appreciate the beautiful photo of your wearing the necklace :love: It really gives perspective. The weight and proportions are perfect.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Stunning, I love it!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Your necklace is incredibly beautiful FD. I love that you were able to use your own chains as well. The proportions are perfect and the size of the diamonds look amazing! It looks truly perfect on you. :love:

Your earrings are smashing as well!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
I was so much looking forward to see your necklace! Thank you for posting the pictures. It is so beautiful and looks perfect against your red dress, really wow! And your studs collection :love:

Do you wear the necklace always long or also double sometimes?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
This is seriously my new favorite necklace on this site :love: :-o :love: :loopy: :love: SO GORGEOUS. Thank you so much for deciding to share this with us! I have a solitaire pendant on my want list for this year but I think I might have to consider going with a DBTY instead.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it! It is gorgeous and I love even more how you were able to recycle pieces/stones that have meaning for you! That's amazing! Good for you for sticking to your convictions and ending up with a spectacular necklace!! :appl: :love: Well done!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Its really gorgeous!

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello FancyDiamond,
Woot, Woot, Thank you for sharing your gorgeously unique DBTY necklace, it is truly stunning and our craftsmen took great care in assembling it for you. We are honored to learn that you are pleased with the main jeweler’s workmanship and the finishing by the support jewelers. I will be showing them this post later today as they are truly interested in knowing your thoughts on it. (There have been several stops by my desk making inquires over the past few days.) They are going to be thrilled by your posting. =D

I think it looks just perfect on you, Thank you for posting the picture for us to see it.

Admittedley I wondered about the “alternate bars” and how the finished piece would look, however in knowing how well your mind works concerning jewelry design and understanding that you know what you want I had no doubt that you would be pleased with the outcome. It warms my heart to discover that the 0.62ct center stone is a cherish treasure and will remind you of your mother, as well as the necklaces that were gifts made to you for your wedding and that you were able to incorporate them into a long time desired piece. It will be bringing you great joy with each outing. (I love how you store it, never seen such an idea, thanks for sharing that too. No pokey culets scratching the other diamonds, ingenious.)

Who knew that finding so many 0.30-0.35ct ranges ACA’s and ES would be so trying??? Not me!! Of course I am not in Sales but it is something I should be aware of. I have learned a lesson there. It is easy for me to forget that the cut demand on ACA is so limiting to availability, especially for stones under 0.75ct. Going forward if I know of any calls on such stones I will certainly recommend we jump on them before they are gone.

When you sought the advice of the PS community on the 3 u bars for the diamond stations that was a brilliant revelation as well and they really gave you excellent input, which you acted quickly on and the end results were fantastic.

Let me say that you’re welcome from our entire staff. We really enjoy working on your creative projects and appreciate the satisfaction that comes from completing the occasional challenging piece and to reap the rewards of the inspiration that it will carry. None of this would be possible but for your delight and desire for a superlative jewelry wardrobe and your insight and direction of how you wish for the pieces to be made. (Your drawing abilities are great and precise by the way)

May you always wear your beautiful jewelry in the best of health and for many long and happy years.
Warmest regards,
Vera

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is stunning. Wouldn't be surprised if WF got requests for replicas!!!

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
WOW WOW WOW. I must say, usually I am indifferent to necklaces (I rarely wear them), but this is absolutely exquisite! I am really interesting in getting one of those DBTY necklaces now! So lovely!

PinkyPie

Rough_Rock
Just beautiful.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks magnificent from far away! :love:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
such a beautiful necklace. and i love the fact that its delicate but still substantial. i love the bars in there too and think they make a fab addition.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully!! :love: Very very pretty, and it's great you were able to incorporate chains you already had - the result is just gorgeous!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FD, the necklace is gorgeous and looks spectacular on you! Thank you for sharing it with us! All of your pieces are so beautiful.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That's just about the perfect necklace! WOW! I absolutely love it. Whiteflash did an exquisite job bringing to life your vision for this piece. Amazing!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1363059515|3402615 said:
Loving your new 6 prong studs--they look like mine! Now I can see how they fit in jackets! :love: I may go custom in the future for my jackets if I have enough ear lobe space left!

Can you remind us of the specs on your new upgraded studs?! Any ear shots for the new studs/jacket combo by chance?

Spec for my stud diamonds: 1.216ct and 1.225ct I VS2 ACA's. Sorry for no earshots with the stud/jacket combo. The size of the jacket is about 10mm in diameter. You may try out some empty jackets yourself to see what suits you, because everyone's earlobe size is different.

My stud setting is the same as yours, 6-prong platinum with the large back. I think I got the idea from you.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Efriede|1363087977|3402763 said:
I was so much looking forward to see your necklace! Thank you for posting the pictures. It is so beautiful and looks perfect against your red dress, really wow! And your studs collection :love:

Do you wear the necklace always long or also double sometimes?

I always wear my necklace long. Somehow, I do not think it looks nice double. I would rather layer with another short necklace.

Here is a shot to show you how it looks double on me (extender added). Not too flattering, I think. Besides, I am afraid that the necklace may easily tangle up (something that is not yet confirmed).

double_1_-_copy.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I use the extender to give me some extra, fun inches when I wear casual clothing such as jeans. SOmehow, the extra 2.5 inches help make the whole ensemble more interesting.

Compare two photos with (35.7 inches necklace length) and without extender (33.25 inches necklace length) and see for yourself what I mean. Which length do you prefer in this case?

_4464.jpg

_4465.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would probably choose the longer length in these pictures but honestly, both looks work very well on you! How nice to have all of these options with this necklace! Job well done!

While you're snapping away, you could take some more pictures of your wedding set. . . just sayin', you know?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
JEWEL of the WEEK!!! WOO HOO!

It looks just perfect on you - no matter WHAT length you are wearing it at!! So beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely LOVE this necklace so much and would love to have one exactly like it! :love: Oh, if I only had a couple of platinum necklaces sitting in a drawer! ;(

I like it both lengths, also, but it does look good at the 35" with the jeans!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results