shape
carat
color
clarity

Salton Jewelry Spa...Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
After the initial excitement of this great new toy, and then the ensuing confusion about what type of cleaning powder to use when I run out, I thought about doing some experimenting...

Basically, I was wondering if there would be any drawback to just adding the standard sudsy ammonia / water combo????

Thanks in advance for any insight out there!

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Sorry I can''t provide an answer, but will be very interested to read the responses you get since the Salton I ordered should arrive tomorrow. I, too, was wondering if I could use liquid cleaners after the powder runs out. I can''t imagine why not, since once the powder dissolves in the water it IS a liquid cleaner, right?
Sue

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2005 5:26:50 PM
Author:Spartan
After the initial excitement of this great new toy, and then the ensuing confusion about what type of cleaning powder to use when I run out, I thought about doing some experimenting...

Basically, I was wondering if there would be any drawback to just adding the standard sudsy ammonia / water combo????

Thanks in advance for any insight out there!
i think Neil Beaty said he brought a 5 gal bucket of the cleaning powder and he would sell them in smaller package.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the SJS do a better job of cleaning diamonds than an ultrasonic cleaner would?

Do bench jewelers use the SJS? Or is this unit targeted more towards home consumers?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2005 9
6.gif
8:39 PM
Author: cflutist
Does the SJS do a better job of cleaning diamonds than an ultrasonic cleaner would?

Do bench jewelers use the SJS? Or is this unit targeted more towards home consumers?
cflutist
the unit targeted towards home use i think its too small for jewelers.i''m thinking about buying the $99 jewel jet (steamer only) machine since i already have a heated ultrasonic.

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your replies.

After using the SJS for a bit, I think I''ve decided that my ultrasonic followed by the steam treatment works best for once a week cleaning. For everyday cleaning, I''m just going to put some ammonia/water mix in the SJS well and use that with a brush.

That being said, if anyone wants my cleaning powder, it''s up for grabs. The bottle is almost full; I''ve only used 4 scoops from it. If you want it, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results