shape
carat
color
clarity

Sailing into dangerous waters...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cookie_tyme

Shiny_Rock
...applied for a job at a jewelry store!

I''ve wanted to work in this particular store for 2-3 years, but every time I checked they didn''t need help - until yesterday! So I dressed up and went in to fill out an application. I''m only looking for part-time, as I have 2 kids in school from 8:30-3:30. I''m hoping for 10-2, 4 days/week. We''ll see.

It''s one of the upscale stores in the area, and some of the saleswomen know me. They know I''m obsessed with jewelry, esp diamonds, so hopefully that''ll work in my favor.

DH is only worried about my spending half my paycheck there, as he should be!
2.gif

Does anyone else here work in a jewelry store? How do you like it?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
ONLY HALF? I would never come home with any pay check!!

Good luck, it sounds awesome!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I want to hear a blow-by-blow account of every aspect of your job.
I want to know every detail of information they give you, and what they teach you.
I am so curious!
This thread can be your blog!
Good luck, I hope you get the job!

L.
35.gif

Cookie_tyme

Shiny_Rock
OK, if I get the job, I''ll blog here. It''ll be fun.
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Talk about ideal hours working around your kids'' school hours. Good luck and I hope you get the job!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck! I hope you get it!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hey - as long as you''re only spending the paycheck you get from them - go for it, LOL!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck, I hope you get the job. I worked for a high end jewelry store while my kids were in school. I absolutely loved it and learned a great deal. Yes I did spend a good portion of my paycheck on Jewelry, but couldn''t resist!!!
31.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Good luck on getting the job! I would LOVE to work at the store where my ering was purchased from. It would be a 2 hour commute each way though... ha!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OH MAN that would be amazing! Good luck.
Hope you''re DH doesn''t mind brining home the bacon! HAHAHA.
11.gif

Cookie_tyme

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. I''m just waiting for that call...

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck! It sounds great.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with your blingy job!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 9:49:43 AM
Author: Cookie_tyme
OK, if I get the job, I''ll blog here. It''ll be fun.
9.gif

Good luck!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i have my fingers crossed for you. i hope you get it for you and we are all like drooling for the information you are going to get.
let us know when you hear something.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 9:07:16 AM
Author: diamondfan
ONLY HALF? I would never come home with any pay check!!

Good luck, it sounds awesome!
When they ask her for her banking information, it won''t be for the ''payroll deposit'' but for withdrawals to pay for things she wants to buy with her big employee discount!

LS

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 9:00:52 AM
Author:Cookie_tyme
...applied for a job at a jewelry store!

I''ve wanted to work in this particular store for 2-3 years, but every time I checked they didn''t need help - until yesterday! So I dressed up and went in to fill out an application. I''m only looking for part-time, as I have 2 kids in school from 8:30-3:30. I''m hoping for 10-2, 4 days/week. We''ll see.

It''s one of the upscale stores in the area, and some of the saleswomen know me. They know I''m obsessed with jewelry, esp diamonds, so hopefully that''ll work in my favor.

DH is only worried about my spending half my paycheck there, as he should be!
2.gif

Does anyone else here work in a jewelry store? How do you like it?
I miss working in a jewelry store.I enjoy the people and the jewelry.A few things that I dont miss...working most week ends and most holidays(the 6 day/10 hr day work weeks from day after Thanksgiving until Dec.26th.)..when the wedding rings dont come from the vendor on time and the bride is married without a ring... when you are cleaning the bathroom and spill cleaner on your clothes or when you have to fire a good employee for not making quota...But jewelry people put up with the retail part of it because we love giving the customer a memorable experiance that we get to be a part of....good luck with the interview and not spending every pay check on the sparkles.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results