shape
carat
color
clarity

safe or paranoid?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ace

Rough_Rock
I want some opinions or outlook at my concern. I am buying a diamond from a Pricescope vendor (USA Certed). I have agrred to a price and stone. They are to send me the stone to a local appraiser, they picked her and she is also on Pricescope. I then examine and verify stone with the appraiser. Then they want me to bank wire the money. They will not take my credit card even if I agree to the 3% added fee.

So my fear is, I have no idea who these guys are (they are even from Cananda not USA). So I am afraid that I see the diamond, okay it, go to the bank and do the wire transfer, they go back and find no appraiser or diamond. Is this just being paranoid of have any of you dealt with this before? What can or should i do?

Thanks

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Appraisers don''t spend years getting creditials/reputations/business only to vanish one afternoon with your (I''m guessing) less than five carat stone.
2.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is actually a better arrangment than many offer. Many vendors require you to pay before the diamond is sent to the appraiser.

I would not worry if this is one of the appriasers that is listed on Pricescope. Normally, people who are knowledgable pick their own apprasier. Most times that appraiser is some distance away from many of us. You are fortuncat in having a pricescope listed vendor local to you.

You may look at the list, and if their is another appraiser local, ask to use them. Or alternately, look for other appraisers in your area (who may or may not agree to the way the deal is currently set-up).

Best of luck with this.

Perry

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I recently bought from USA Certed and they were a dream to work with. I also had the diamond sent to the appraiser first and wired the money after I saw the diamond. You have no worries with Martin-he''s an excellent and trustworthy vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results