shape
carat
color
clarity

Safe for two women to travel?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To bring this thread full circle we just got back from our trip to the Grand Canyon, Zion, and Bryce Canyon. The parks are
amazing! I would recommend them to anyone who has the chance to go. It didn't end up being just me and my DD. My
DH also decided to go. However, I would have felt safe if it had just been me and my DD. There are so many tourists that
if you stay in the populated areas of the parks it seems to me to be pretty safe. Everywhere, even outside the parks, was
geared to tourists and I felt pretty comfortable. The part I was not comfortable with was driving on the switchbacks and on
mountains where the sides dropped off (cliffs). Honestly, it made me feel queasy and my arms felt like rubber. :sick: Not a good
way to feel when you're driving on the side of a cliff. I live in a very flat state and let's just say, mountain driving is not my
thing!

Beautiful part of the country though and so different than what I'm used to. So glad we were finally able to make it happen!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To bring this thread full circle we just got back from our trip to the Grand Canyon, Zion, and Bryce Canyon. The parks are
amazing! I would recommend them to anyone who has the chance to go. It didn't end up being just me and my DD. My
DH also decided to go. However, I would have felt safe if it had just been me and my DD. There are so many tourists that
if you stay in the populated areas of the parks it seems to me to be pretty safe. Everywhere, even outside the parks, was
geared to tourists and I felt pretty comfortable. The part I was not comfortable with was driving on the switchbacks and on
mountains where the sides dropped off (cliffs). Honestly, it made me feel queasy and my arms felt like rubber. :sick: Not a good
way to feel when you're driving on the side of a cliff. I live in a very flat state and let's just say, mountain driving is not my
thing!

Beautiful part of the country though and so different than what I'm used to. So glad we were finally able to make it happen!

I'm glad you had a safe trip! I wish everyone could experience those places. The Grand Canyon lives up to it's reputation. Pictures do not do it justice. It really is jaw dropping.
Bryce and Zion are pretty cool, too!
Driving on those scary mountain roads is terrifying, I know!
But the scenery is worth it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely worth it @stracci2000 ! I had to white-knuckle it and just keep my eyes on the yellow lines in the center of the road to
get me through the switchbacks and cliffs!

Zion was actually my favorite of the parks but all are beautiful and unique in their own
right. Hard to really have a favorite of one over the other!

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
It is a very beautiful part of the country. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d wager it’s statistically safer to travel with another woman than with a man. See: Gabby Petito/Brian Laundrie and x amount of others.

I think as long as you take basic safety precautions you’ll be as safe as one can be. Don’t forget about the desert creatures like scorpions…just read an account of a camper who was bitten by one that got into her sleeping bag. Kind of ruined her trip!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results