shape
carat
color
clarity

Sad Story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cymbop

Rough_Rock
Hi guys. As this is my first post I'll introduce myself. My name is Rusty and about a year ago I decided to propose to my girlfriend. I spent six months learning about diamonds, sometimes for hours a day. I pored over the Knowledge section here, and read the forums. I got to know the community you have here, though I never posted -- because the Advanced Tutorial answered all my questions and them some.

And now, to make a short story shorter: Elizabeth panicked a bit when she knew I had the ring, and she left. We won't be getting back together. I never gave the ring to her. That was three months ago, and after a hard while I feel like I'm ready to move my life onward. I want to sell the ring as part of that process.

So, Ebay, you think? Can anybody recommend specific Ebay strategies for selling the ring? Certainly I'll put some effort into making an attractive and informative listing, but how can I instill trust in a buyer? My feedback is 100% but only on 14 auctions. How does Ebay Escrow work? How successful might I be with an auction?

Or not Ebay? Some kind of listing? I solicit your guidance. Thanks to all of you guys.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
First of all, I am so sorry that things did not work out. Secondly, here is a link that may be of some help in answering your questions. It''s in the FAQ section. Here is the link.

shay

cymbop

Rough_Rock
Here is the link.

shay
Richard''s guidelines make sense. So local classified is the way to go? Anybody ever done this? Any specific tips?

Thanks again, guys.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Rusty,
I am so sorry this happened to you. If you go the local classified route, make sure to meet the potential buyer in a public place. Get as much info on them as you can before meeting them and only take cash. Accepting a check would be risky. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
1.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Selling on consignment is another way to go for a reasonable, but perhaps lengthy, return on your investment.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Have you spoken to Union Diamond yet?

I would think they would sell it for and just charge a minimum commision for doing it.

Rockdoc

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rockdoc, that''s a great idea, didn''t think of that.
2.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Posting details of an item for sale is advertising and it's against the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results