shape
carat
color
clarity

sad puppy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Another thing that is important is your reaction to her reaction. If she is scared, don''t coddle because her fear response is being reinforced - make sense. With dogs, alway think of B.F. Skinner. Behaviour modification in it''s purest sense.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
we''re making progress! Chewy is starting to perk up a little! I finally got him interested in his toy and right now he''s scarfing down his lunch. whew! i was starting to worry. we went to the vet yesterday for a full check up and he got his second round of shots. i think all the trauma really got to him yesterday. ong car ride, scary vet with rectal thermometers and needles and a big new scary house. if he hadn''t goten better by tomorrow (i.e. the listless ness) i would''ve taken him back to the vet. but i think he''s adjusting and the plastic container is working ok. i think i''ll go find that fencing thing and when i''m gone, i''ll fence him in with his towel and container with some papers and food and water.

lol...i think he''s gonna be ok. as i''m typing, he just ran out of the room and went exploring. i gotta go find him before he takes a piddle somewhere unknown.
36.gif
36.gif

yay! thanks so much for all the advice! i''ll keep ya''ll updated on his progress and tons of pix as soon i find my camera cord!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhh - could have been a slight reaction to the shots, it can happen sometimes, put them off their food and make them a little " off." The UK vaccines can do this, but they might be different to the ones in the States.

I am sure he will be fine, it is a lot of changes for a little guy to cope with at once, plus the vet trip! Hang in there!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great Ginger, sounds like chewy is perking up. Yesterday was a full day for the little guy. Glad to know he is eating and enjoying his toys. Phew.
1.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i''m so happy. he''s just all over the place and had an accident on the floor, but it''s all good! he''s acting like a normal puppy and so iam happy! ps is so great! where else can you expert diamond advice as well as puppy advice!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
awww, so glad your little guy is feeling more comfortable ginger! I think he must have been so scared in a brand new place before. I''m sure he''ll be head over heels in love with you both in no time at all.

widget

Ideal_Rock
HOORAY!!!!!!![:appl:]
36.gif
36.gif

(I just got back from some errands, and this thread is the first thing I had to check out when I walked in the door!)

Can''t wait for pics!!
3.gif

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay ginger, things are looking up!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yay Ginger, glad to hear he is feeling better!
36.gif
I bet the shots and the trauma of yesterday just got to him.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like things are perking up! Enjoy that puppy breath!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I too am a little worried about the lassitude and the poor appetite. Puppies have good appetites. A visit to the vet is a very good idea. About 6 years ago we adopted a puppy, and after several days of her moping around, and not eating well, we took her to the vet -- only to find out she had Parvo. We had to put the poor little baby to sleep -- our vet said it would be a kindness as there was no way she would survive it. To this day we are sad and miss that little Rosie.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger -- Glad to hear that Chewy is doing better and eating! It sounds like you are doing a great job as a puppy-mommy so far!

Now, can we see some more pics of that adorable creature?!

emphoto.gif
---------------->
emdog.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Chewy sounds like a cute little guy . . . so glad he''s perked up.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2006 5:03:49 PM
Author: portoar
I too am a little worried about the lassitude and the poor appetite. Puppies have good appetites. A visit to the vet is a very good idea. About 6 years ago we adopted a puppy, and after several days of her moping around, and not eating well, we took her to the vet -- only to find out she had Parvo. We had to put the poor little baby to sleep -- our vet said it would be a kindness as there was no way she would survive it. To this day we are sad and miss that little Rosie.

Portoar, that is terrible and I am so sorry.
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results