shape
carat
color
clarity

Sad news..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I just found out that a guy I knew through friends died the other day.

He was only 19. He died in a car accident, it seems like he fell asleep at the wheel on the way to an exam after a long night of studying.

I didn''t know him well, infact, I don''t think I ever said more than "hi" to him.. but it has really shaken me up. You just never know when it is your time.

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awful news. So sad
7.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sending prayers..
15.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
That''s awful... I''m so sorry to hear that.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
7.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear this...
15.gif

When stuff like this happens it really shakes a person because it makes death so real. Feel better sweetie, we''re here for you.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear that. It''s always difficult to deal with things like this, especially when the victim is so young.

There was a 24 yr. old man missing here for a week, and just two days ago they found him...he had crashed his car into a ravine and the vehicle was not visible from the road. I drove past the scene on the way home from work the other night and wondered what was going on, then I read about it in the paper the next day. Very, very sad.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear that hon. Lots of thoughts to you and your friend''s family.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s awful. So sorry to hear that. How tragic.
7.gif

I would be shaken up by something like that too.

Keeping his family in my thoughts.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
You really never do know when it is your time.

You know... I feel sad that our students feel so crammed and rushed that they have to stay up until all hours to study. I really wish professors gave a little more one on one time to ensure their students understand the material.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
More prayers on the way. How sad.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Danielle, I am so sorry; it does makes us more aware of our mortality especially when it happens to a young person. Sending you a hug.
12.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a tragedy. I know I''ve driven when I have been tired and probably shouldn''t have been driving. It''s so sad. Definitely makes you aware of your own mortality. *hugs* to you...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is sad. I am sorry for his family and friends.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, how tragic. My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

One of our students committed suicide last week, a senior. When young people die, especially, it is really so difficult to face. I''m so sorry.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
How sad
7.gif

Positive thoughts outgoing...

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry. Hugs to you.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
That is so sad....
8.gif
8.gif
8.gif

This story really hits home to me because it could have been me.

When I was in college I stayed up all night writing a paper. I went to school, dropped it in my professor''s mailbox and headed home to go to sleep. I was about 5 miles from home when I began to nod off at the wheel. It was amazing how this sensation came over me that I needed sleep and I didn''t care what I was in the middle of (driving or not) my body wanted to sleep that instant. It was such scary moment. I always remember thinking people who fall asleep behind the wheel were such idiots, until it almost happened to me. Your body just shuts down at a certain point. It''s horrible.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Awful.
39.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear this. Prayers outgoing.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this Dannielle. This can be so up setting. Recently (a few weeks ago) a 16 yr old boy that my daughter had dated for a just a few months last year committed suicide. i have had a difficult time with this as well. I use to give him rides home from school last year every so often. I talked with him a few times. I never really "knew" him. My daughter did not have him in any of her classes this year so she did not see much of him. He was a quiet boy, not into drugs, had friends, was just an all around good kid. He has one brother who is mentally handicap.

You just never know when something can happen to anyone. It is just so sad.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for all the prayers.. We''re going to send some flowers to his family, he is having a funeral next week.. i''m not sure if I will go but i''ll definately let his family know I am thinking of them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results