shape
carat
color
clarity

Rude Rude Rude!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BABYPUFFIN

Rough_Rock
"You don''t know the circumstances of the call any better than the rest of us. You certainly shouldn''t be coming onto to these forums referring to the designer--or anyone else--as a ''C.'' One of our members responded to you in a light-hearted manner--look at the emoticons--and you decided to flame her. IMHO, you are being rude and not being helpful to the OP.."

No I didn''t flame her, but putting happy faces on a condescending reply doesn''t make it any less condescending. No I didn''t call anyone a name, but said that being an artist isn''t excuse to treat someone like garbage or act like a creep towards them. You''re right, I don''t know the circumstances, only by what she has stated, but then again so do a lot of threads on here that discuss jeweler experiences. At this point, the original poster appears to have decided to move on and go another direction and that I think is a wise choice.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 4:17:56 PM
Author: CaptAubrey

Date: 11/2/2007 4:16:57 PM
Author: mintve
Maybe she was jut mad that I wanted to modify one of her ''signature pieces''

Also a possibility.
Could be the way you contacted her, bypassing the retailer... but putting that aside...

I for one think this is not so much a true designer (artist) but more along the lines of a technical producer of settings. It''s no excuse to lose your cool on a client regarding a change in design (if you are open to custom).

In my experience, I once had gone to a designer trunk show, to look for an evening gown. I found two that were nice. One was the designer''s signature gown which she not only advertised as her signature dress, but NAMED it after herself. It was lovely and had a perfect top that was strapless and simply perfect, except for the a-line skirt. The second gown had the perfect fit on the bottom portion with a fitted flare. With sheer honesty I told her that I would like the two gowns melded to make the gown perfect fit for me. It wasn''t a cheap endeavor, and she conceeded that it was a far better look mixing the two styles. In fact, she not only agreed to modify THAT gown, she said she liked it so much she would carry it in the next season''s line, and name it after good ol me.

Now THAT is a true designer for the public! Inspiration should come from sights, feelings, others, and who knows what best will sell but your own public.

This specific designer IMHO is NOT an artist. And sure, some things are doable, some not, but a close minded designer is one who doesn''t last too long. It also depends on the level of the designer and who is asking. You can ask, but you don''t always have to be accomodated.

Try asking JAR''s to make a ring setting different and I am guessing (if you even got approved for a ring in the first place) that you would be laughed out of the boutique and banned. At this designer''s level he doesn''t work for the public, but those who do, well they just shoot themselves in the foot. Just go to someone who can accomodate your requests, and take it from there. Good luck!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Take it as a sign to go elsewhere. The designer did you a favor by revealing her true personality early on. I am looking to set a new diamond, and I have contacted numerous designers through their websites. They have all been just great, and if they only work through retailers, they have POLITELY said so, not in the tone she gave you. They also expressed thanks for my interest.

Is she doesn''t want the public to contact her, maybe she shouldn''t have a website.

For my project, I am probably going to go with Leon Mege. I spoke to him on the phone yesterday, and I liked him a lot. Very nice and open to my suggestions. And his pricing for a custom ring was equal to or LESS EXPENSIVE than a semi-custom job.

BTW, I love your design. It is so elegant!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Just so everyone knows, the desinger did call me back, but since I had the bad first impression, I decided to look elsewhere. If I decide I really want her setting or if can''t find soemone to design soemthing with elements of many rings I''ve seen (including hers), I will wait to speak to her until I know for sure what I may want from her and discuss options with her at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results