shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I need your help with a project. My sister is turning 21 in July and for her birthday I want to do a pendant (or possibly a ring) project.

Because her birthstone is Ruby, that is what I am looking for.

I have been on the natural sapphire company website and they have 1 that I really like the look of, but though I should shop around.

My budget is $500 - $600. Any shape really.

Hoping to get between .3ct and .6ct for that (hoping!!)

What sites should I be looking on?

TIA

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'd take a look at Dutton's Diamonds. Here is a 0.46 ct. natural, clean, unheated square cushion ruby for $213.90. Link

RU00046_a.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies are actually fairly difficult to find (pretty ones). Please steer clear of Ebay though because most rubies on there are treated to within an inch of their lives!

There are a few here and it looks like you''d get a slightly bigger gemstone for your money as well ............... I need to add that I''ve never bought from them but I know others on here have (although not many) but the write ups were positive:

http://www.planetarygems.com/Rubypage.htm

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2010 6:07:46 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I'd take a look at Dutton's Diamonds. Here is a 0.46 ct. natural, clean, unheated square cushion ruby for $213.90. Link
Ditto w/regards to Gary Dutton. For your budget, it won't be the best looking ruby around but Gary's looks somewhat decent for the price. Extra pictures and questions will tell you if it's the right one for you.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ditto starting with Gary. He''s fantastic to work with.

-A

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gene Flannigan at PrecisionGem also has beautiful Lake Baringo rubies and Jeff White also has ruby rough; I''d shoot them an email as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results