shape
carat
color
clarity

ruby

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
any expert in this forum,plz guide me about my 9 ct ruby, which has no lab report, can i spend repot expenditure on this ruby ? i can post more clear phoyographs , if needed .

i will be very greatfull to those give me good advice

weight is 9 ct, totally transparent, some finger prints its table, can not vissible with naked eyes, some internal portion also , but not any big inclusion in it

mens-hairstyles-2009-1.jpg

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
sorry for the wrong picture

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen a ruby quite like that before
2.gif

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
this is my 9 ct ruby

8880.jpg

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
hi

==.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice pic of Ashton, but as far as the ruby is concerned, you can't tell a thing from that photo. Truthfully, only a lab will be able to determine the quality, if it's natural, and the level of treatment, so that's your best bet.

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
and the other view

oooo.jpg

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
thanks for good advice ,

the stone colour in day light , or in white bulb light feels purblish red , but in yellew light ichange its colour in blood red colour and its purplish sheen change in orangish red and deep red colour

i will test it in GIA soon

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 8:26:50 PM
Author: Tariq wali

i will test it in GIA soon

If this was an expensive stone, having it sent to a reputable lab is certainly a good idea!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ashton is a gem
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Well, if you think it might be valuable then have it checked, but I wouldn''t get my hopes up cause it''s quite clean and quite large, and rubies are rarely both of those things at the same time. Good luck!

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
Please inform us,where that you bought that ruby(not that guy!),and the price.
Take good close ups and post(use white light,white background).If possible use macro mode of your camera.
It is not clever to comment on it now,but,such quality natural ruby is very rare now.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to check for treatments and all, I would go for AGTA lab certification. AGL briefs are inexpensive at around $25. For valuation, I’d go with an expert gemstone appraiser like Richard Sherwood who has the right tools and experience. The stone looks very clean and large, although the saturation appears light. Of course no one will be able to give you a ballpark figure because we can’t see the stone in person and we do not know the lighting/camera used.

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
I AM SORRY THIS IS A WEB CAM SHOT, I WILL POST CAMERA SHOTS IN NEXT

RuBY !.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour looks a bit strange - could be the camera/lighting of course - but it could also be a different gemstone. As Mr ma re has said, it''s also very clean for a 9ct Ruby and a little too clear. You should definitely get this checked out but my advice is to go into that process thinking that it''s not a Ruby and then anything better than that will be a bonus.

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
web cam image

363.jpg

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree with LovingD. I purchased my ruby this year, and this does not look like the rubies I saw.
Here is a shot of my ruby. You can see from the skintone underneath that the color is quite true to reality. This stone has a SwissLab Report.
Granted, this ruby is not museum quality, but it is a nice ruby. It is appx. 2 and 2/3 carats, compared to your 9 carat stone.
See the inclusions in my stone? Actually, it is not even the inclusions I am referring to. My stone just looks ''murky'' in general compared to yours. Knowing what I paid for my stone, with imperfection, I cannot imagine what a clear nine carat stone would be worth!

ruby inclusion.JPG

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
thanks for good advices

Picture 003-0.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s pretty rare to have a super clean ruby, especially in that size. You need to send it to the GIA or AGTA. Please let us know the results.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The more I look at it, the more I wonder if it’s really a ruby. There are too many little nagging questions at the back of my mind. If interested, make the sale contingent upon the results of the lab report.

norman_in_L.A.

Rough_Rock
Hi Tariq:

Did you have the ruby tested?

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
Hi Tariq:

Did you have the ruby tested?

Norman Monteau
Laboratory Director
http://www.aiglabs.com
American International Gemologists

hi, mr. norman

due to some of my reason , i did,nt test yetto my gem, hope will go to dubai in december 2009, i will twst it in GIA DUBAI.

THANKS FOR UR MESSAGE , and sorry for the late reply

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
warm light effect

Picture 00333kjiiikj.jpg

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
warm light

99999999999999.jpg

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
back

lllllllllllllllllllllllllll.jpg

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
sorry for the quality of the pictures , these all webcam shots

88888888.jpg

morecarats

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 8:12:15 AM
Author: Chrono
If you want to check for treatments and all, I would go for AGTA lab certification. AGL briefs are inexpensive at around $25. For valuation, I’d go with an expert gemstone appraiser like Richard Sherwood who has the right tools and experience. The stone looks very clean and large, although the saturation appears light. Of course no one will be able to give you a ballpark figure because we can’t see the stone in person and we do not know the lighting/camera used.
I''ve seen a number of people here recently recommending AGTA lab certification. Please note that the AGTA lab has been closed permanently as of July 29th, 2009.

The closure was apparently due to a combination of factors, the main ones being the severe recession in the gem and jewelry business,and the departure of AGTA''s lab director (Lore Kiefert), who has joing the Gubelin Gem Laboratory in Switzerland as chief gemologist.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Judging from the color of the last photos, I''d say pink sapphire might be a better guess than ruby ... as well as seconding everybody''s points about needing to go to a lab to get a definitive answer!

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ruby, sapphire, it looks like a synthetic to me. Send it go AGL before you attempt to fund your children''s education with the proceeds.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
LOL
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results