shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby Ring - Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

uggamer

Rough_Rock
What do you all think of this one? Comments?

PC140037sm-fm.jpg

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
It's too busy and too big for my taste. But who is it for? And what is the center stone, I'm not too familiar with colored stones.

ETA: I see it's a Ruby. I didn't pay attention to the title of the thread, sorry!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
What kind of comments are you looking for??? About quality or style?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
A very tall, not very small boned woman might be able to carry that off. Someone my size would be overwhelmed by it.

It looks very much like a style from the early to mid eighties. It''s a little too much for my tastes.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you wanted an honest opinion: it''s very 80''s and costume-jewelry-ish.

uggamer

Rough_Rock
yes, it is a ruby (the center stone and the stones along the sides).
Do you guys think this would be worth anything? Looking to sell some jewelry to various places, and do you guys think this one would be of any value?
Thanks everyone!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Have you had it appraised?

uggamer

Rough_Rock
Yes, it''s been appraised, but appraisals don''t mean much other than for insurance (right?)
Here it is though -

PC140032sm-fm2.jpg

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock

uggamer

Rough_Rock
this is true. I''m sure this piece could make a nice piece of jewelry if altered...
As far as selling this one goes, I''m not sure if it''s even worth that much. It''s an idea though.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

uggamer

Rough_Rock
hmm yeah, quite possibly.

uggamer

Rough_Rock
It''s actually just a ring I found - it was my mom''s and she doesn''t want it anymore - so not sure what to do with it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My suggestion is to reset the ruby similar to the Fay Cullen ring.

Maybe you could halo the ruby with the side diamonds (would make for a lovely delicate halo), and use the baguettes as an end-to-end (can you tell I work in software sales?) eternity style shank?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or, you could make two rings out of it - one halo'd ruby with a flush fitting ruby baguette eternity band. Two for the price of one!

uggamer

Rough_Rock
That''s certaintly an idea. Anyone know of any place that resets rings like that? Of course I don''t have a lot of experience with rings and all...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results