shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby Appraisal

ttwilliams

Rough_Rock
I have a Ruby (Pakistani) that I had tested with a stone tester and weighted at 57KT. I am interested in what would a stone of this size appraise at? Any help/insight is greatly appreciated. I had it polished and set in Silver; three photos are attached.

I have not had the ring appraised but I bought diamonds and stones from the same dealer before and they all checked out when appraised and are now certified.

_7367.jpg

190613-2349.jpg

190613-2350.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think only an appraiser could tell you that. We'd really need better pictures that are in focus to tell you anything...

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
thats a really great example of a window :razz: i can see the shank of the ring through the stone!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You need a lab report first, to tell what, if any, treatments it has had. That will affect value greatly. Quite a lot of extinction going on, too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Knowing the type and level of treatment is the first step. Next up is evaluation of its colour (hue, tone and saturation). Cut also plays a role.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
hippi_pixi|1371710003|3469148 said:
thats a really great example of a window :razz: i can see the shank of the ring through the stone!

That was my first thought too. I would pop that sucker out of that ring and do a recut. I bet it would look so much better once complete. Though i think a ruby set in silver is very telling of worth and treatment.

guilhermeesq

Shiny_Rock
SB621|1371732705|3469242 said:

That was my first thought too. I would pop that sucker out of that ring and do a recut. I bet it would look so much better once complete. Though i think a ruby set in silver is very telling of worth and treatment.

He had it set in silver, Read before you post next time

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
guilhermeesq|1371858460|3470224 said:
SB621|1371732705|3469242 said:

He had it set in silver, Read before you post next time

guilhermeesq: you are new to the forum. I suggest you take a minute before you post and see if the things you say come across in a good way. Without visual cues, or even voice intonation, things can easily be misinterpreted. The bolded part of your above response comes across to me as a command, like you are telling one of our more senior and respected members how to behave. There are gentler ways to point out the things that many of us overlook from time to time, like "I noticed that the OP said he had the stone set in silver," rather than as a directive which can be misinterpreted as rude. :)) I doubt you want to go around inadvertently annoying our most trusted and experienced members. :wink2:

guilhermeesq

Shiny_Rock
If you look at my Joined date, compared to you minjouxbijoux and the one you refer to a senior member you are mistaken.
I am more senior than both of you ....

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A request for demonstrating respect to other members on this forum was again ignored. Let me put it this way: You are not too old to treat other's nicely on this forum. I hope you will consider this before you submit your next post and practice good manners online. :saint:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to defend anyone in particular, jump on any perceived bandwagon and such but just my perspective on this topic:
My interpretation of the "ruby set in silver is very telling of worth and treatment" statement is that the owner felt the stone is inexpensive enough whereby it did not make much sense to set it in a more expensive setting (diamond accents, detailed carving, platinum, etc). I also took Minou's statement a bit differently and less literally as well. I think her definition of senior member isn't necessarily time based but on knowledge and experience. There are many members who have been around for eons but rarely participated and there are those that are "newish" but very active on the forum and know what they are talking about. Either way, good social manners and a measure of politeness never hurts in any setting, be it online or in person. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results