shape
carat
color
clarity

ruby and diamond make-over before and after pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! They did a great job. I was thinking of buying a jewelryhoo setting; I guess you can recommend them. :)

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
wow!
did they melt down the gold to create the new setting?

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 7:46:19 AM
Author: Chrono
It looks much better after the redesign: it doesn’t scream 80s anymore.
3.gif
hahaha... SO true! Scream 80''s with flashing neon lights and bad hair...

D&T: I would highly recommend him - his name is Lee Weizhong and tell him I sent you :) And I have to say your e-ring is TDF! Absolutely stunning.

whitby_2773: Im in Tamworth NSW, so not a great variety of setters maybe 2 or 3 at most. My grandparents actually live in Springwood, maybe I should visit your jeweller when Im visiting them. How much do they charge for a simple prong set?

Kismet: yep i do recommend him, just be clear on all your requests, and anything that is difficult to explain have a photo of EXACTLY what you want. The best results are when he can copy exactly from a photo. Also explain you dont like light gold settings (assuming thats right) and that you are happy to pay for the extra gold weight because otherwise the settings are a little on the light side.

LaurenThePartier: I really love sending my stones over and having the whole ring come back finished instead of measuring stones, waiting for the semi to come back, taking it to the jeweller, waiting for them to be set... im so not patient! It kind of has a different feel when the ring is made around the stones aswell like a custom fit. Just thought I would add that ever since i saw the bezel eternity you got from LOGR i have wanted one and am excited to say I finally just ordered one! I got it through Jewelryhoo though because it was easier for me and I SO cant wait for it to be finished!

enbcfsobe: Ruby is my birthstone too and I have never really liked it either until I saw this ring finished! I actually got the ring done for a friend of mine that doesnt deal with eBay so the ring belongs to her, I wish I had such small delicate fingers! Im thinking I might have to get a similar ring done one day... just to have a birthstone ring and all that... hehe always an excuse for another ring
31.gif

haagen_dazs: No the gold is for another melting project :) I havent actually asked if Jewelryhoo will melt down rings... hmm maybe I should ask!

Thankyou all for your messages and for letting me share

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
the only finger shot I have sorry
8.gif

lozzarinarubyringfinger.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sheesh that turned our FAB!!!
30.gif
I would buy that ring and I don''t even particularly covet rubies but I like the complete aesthetic of that ring!

I have to look into this jeweler, I too have little access to someone here to take a semi mount and set gemstones for me. Thank you for sharing the tips and details with us all.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy cow! It looks amazing! And jeez-you just can''t beat the price that''s for sure!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow great makeover! Lovely setting/new ring!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love the new ring. So pretty. And, I do like rubies.
1.gif

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Lozzaria - I''m from Armidale!!!
23.gif
Nice to know other PS people are around....

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 2:59:58 AM
Author: crasru
Very tasty, inventive and modern.
Ditto, just stunning!

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 11:29:43 PM
Author: HotPozzum
Wow, Lozzaria - I''m from Armidale!!!
23.gif
Nice to know other PS people are around....
OMG your kidding! I grew up in Armidale... we might even know eachother!

Thanks for all the lovely comments - I have a bunch of stuff in the pipeline now - yay for projects!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results