shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Golden "adveniat regnum tuum" cross (ca.1915)

07325-1917.P00.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and some medieval crowns.....

SuperStock_903-660.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 9:05:29 AM
Author: Sithathoriunet
Date: 11/29/2008 7:15:47 PM

Author: AGBF

This picture of the Crown Princess Victoria and her sister the Princess Madeleine of Sweden was posted in 2006. Obviously that is after the death of Diana, Princess of Wales. The Princess Madeleine is wearing a choker that appears to be made out of pearls. Whether it is the same one that her sister wore on another occasion, and is an heirloom, I have no idea. Maybe it is just a necklace in a similar style.

Deborah

34.gif

yes, now that i have seen these pictures of pearl chokers like diana''s on princess victoria, i do believe diana did it first, and that this princess liked the style, so copied it for herself. the style is just so diana i can''t really get totally comfotable with it on other royals..lol..but perhaps is she changed it a bit..but it looks to be just exactly a copy of diana''s..but we all know that copying is a form of flattery..

jenna:)

Princess Diana was often seen wearing chokers but she was definitely not the first one to wear such necklaces. There are other female members of Royal Families that also have ones.
ex: Princess Victoria of Sweden, The Duchess of Gloucester, Queen Mary, Princess Michel of Kent and Queen Eleonora of Bulgaria. Most of the chokers are royal heirlooms.

eleonora_choker.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The woman from the previous post is Eleonora fo Bulgaria.
Here''s Queen Mary:

Mary_of_Teck_4.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Well I''m not sure but I think that QMary''s choker is now part of the Gloucester collection. On this picture the present Duchess of Gloucester is wearing it.
How do you think is it the same one???

ENG20Gloucester2011.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 1:49:32 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Well I''m not sure but I think that QMary''s choker is now part of the Gloucester collection. On this picture the present Duchess of Gloucester is wearing it.

How do you think is it the same one???
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! thankyou! for these lovely photos! now i see! and i am thankful for the examples! i love the style...and actually it goes all the way back to ancient royaly in egypt, although not with pearls back then..i''ll see if i can find some pictures from examples...but yay! thanks for the picks of the pearl chokers! i love them! i do think diana ''did'' it best though...i guess i''m partial to her!

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
ok everyone, i have a new subject....claddagh rings...now, legend has it that these rings date back more than 300 years. cool story behind them and all. so, i am wondering if the beautiful claddagh ring, was indeed the predicessor to our royal crown rings we have been seeing for a while now..there are currently three photos of these rings up here, including lady amethyst''s avatar....i am posting a photo of my ring..hubby bought it for me..he is irish in descent, and i have added a royal crown ring from the 1960''s..i see a similar design for sure..what do you all think? which came from which? how far back do the crown rings go? seeing as the claddagh rings are topped with a crown over a heart, it appears to me the obvious influence in the royal rings...

2437544864_727cd947ac.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/30/2008 4:53:05 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

(Psst! Hi Deb!!)

Hi, SDL :). Does Jenna know that she cannot be Lady Diana''s Number 1 Fan because you have already bespoken that position here on Pricescope? She will have to settle for Number 2 given the laws governing seniority on Pricescope ;-).

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS-I sometimes refer to Diana as "Lady Diana" because I do not want to use her entire title, which-if we are being excruciatingly correct-is, "Diana, Princess of Wales". I cannot abide it when people refer to her as, "Princess Diana", which she never was since she was not born a princess. It is just incorrect and it grates on my nerves like incorrect grammar. I do not think I have ever referred to this topic before and those of you who know me know I do not usually go out of my way to correct anyone else. I just realized that my own habit of saying, "Lady Diana" might draw down criticism on my head!

I am glad I got that off my chest!

Deborah
34.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 8:15:33 PM
Date: 12/1/2008 4:21:42 PM

Author: AGBF

Date:
11/30/2008 4:53:05 PM

(Psst! Hi Deb!!)
Hi, SDL :). Does Jenna know that she cannot be Lady Diana''s Number 1 Fan because you have already bespoken that position here on Pricescope? She will have to settle for Number 2 given the laws governing seniority on Pricescope ;-).

Deb

34.gif

ROFLMAO. I love you Deb. Its true, I''m afraid.. I do think so highly of this lady... ;-)
interesting, i never assumed any sort of ''fandom'' i am sure i am just like many millions around the world who adored her and loved her as a member of our own family and felt a kinship with her...now, i can say i am a ''fan'' of many bands and singers and such...but a ''fan'' of princess diana''s..no, it''s just different then that..
i respect her, always will..and i feel for her..what she went through at the hands of others..most especially charles..i have a sorrow for that.
but i don''t think a ''fan'' is quite the word i''d use to describe it.
anywho, on a lighter note, here''s a nice pic we have not yet seen up here of diana..
loves jenna:)

princess-diana.php.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for this new picture!

I want to get something off my chest too! To each his or her own but I could care less whether Diana, Princess of Wales was born a princess or not! I always thought that was weird-- she can't be called Princess Diana because she wasn't "really" a princess. Well, la de da! I didn't like it when they took away her "HRH" either! Why tear HER down? She was the mother of the future king. It just made them look bad IMO. Ok, thank for listening. I feel better.
3.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 10:47:07 PM
Author: Imdanny
Thanks for this new picture!

I want to get something off my chest too! To each his or her own but I could care less whether Diana, Princess of Wales was born a princess or not! I always thought that was weird-- she can''t be called Princess Diana because she wasn''t ''really'' a princess. Well, la de da! I didn''t like it when they took away her ''HRH'' either! Why tear HER down? She was the mother of the future king. It just made them look bad IMO. Ok, thank for listening. I feel better.
3.gif
you are right, i fully agree.. she was a princess in every sense of the word. for her people, graceful, an example of class all the way. and she will always be a princess, probably THE princess we always remember. i don''t quite know what this ''princess diana'' verses ''diana, princess of wales'' thing is...???? i though to myself..what? what on earth is that about? have we our noses so far up our....well, you get the idea...that her title actually changes meaning because of the order of words...common now. and in another language, french for example, the words in a title would be reversed to have the same meaning...so?
lol...let''s just enjoy paying tribute to her if we choose to, and let everyone pay it using whatever wonderful words they choose..and not diss them for using them in the wrong order ok?
there, that was a mouthful indeed.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenna, I was just fooling around with SDL. I didn''t mean to cast any aspersions on your postings, which have been a wonderful addition to Pricescope! I am old friends with SDL and I couldn''t resist teasing her on her love for Diana, especially since we have been through so much together in this thread. I have seen her-very, very grudgingly but with the utmost fairness-give the Duchess of Cornwall her admiration for her taste in jewelery and her ability to carry off some huge and ornate pieces that many women could not.

Please be assured that I read all your postings with great pleasure!

Best regards,
Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
12/1/2008 10:47:07 PM
Author: Imdanny

I always thought that was weird-- she can''t be called Princess Diana because she wasn''t ''really'' a princess. Well, la de da! I didn''t like it when they took away her ''HRH'' either!

Why have royalty at all if you don''t want to play by any rules? The only reason for creating it is to make it magical and impossible for the common man to attain. (The common woman can attain it only by marrying Prince Charming.) If you want to make the monarchy in England more democratic you will end up with a bicycle monarchy, the kind which Queen Elizabeth so deplores, and the monarchy will become less popular. The rules say that for a princess to use her first name after the title, "Princess" she must be born a princess; I didn''t make those rules. I really don''t care if England continues to follow them or if England remains a monarchy. I am not English.

Deborah
34.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It lost its magic for me when Diana died. These are people who do/ used to have position in government, have a lot of money, and have fancy names. That's all. But I like looking at their jewels.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls!
I read your discussion about the way we should address Diana, Princess of Wales and I think I also have something to tell.
1) Princess Diana never held a title in her own right. Her ''HRH The Princess of Wales'' was only a courtesy title uppon her mariage to HRH The Prince of Wales.
2) After the divorce she lost her ''HRH'' and used the courtesy title ''Diana, Princess of Wales''
3) She was not a Princess by blood and could not enjoy the title ''Princess Diana''.
ex. The Princess Royal was born as Princess Anne of Edinburgh
4) I think that after all the official title ''Diana, Princess of Wales'' is too long and because of thaht ''Lady Diana'', ''Lady Di'', ''Princess Diana'' or simply ''Diana'' are also suitable.
To conclude I''ll say that even if she was not allowed to use Princess Diana she''ll remain a princess in our hearts.

PrincessDiana.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Royal Channel

Queen Elizabeth II launched a channel on December 24, 2007 when she gave a Christmas address to her subjects. It is perpetually available on YouTube. Not only can one watch the latest video there (it is not always of very recent vintage!), but one can find old, "favorite" videos stored on the site. (Most of these, sadly, are also fairly uninteresting.)

The site has some interesting links, however, to the Royal Family's website. One can go shopping and buy books and videos in the NTSC as well as the PAL format and, in fact, do so in time for Christmas if one so chooses. So if anyone wants to carry his love for royal jewelry over into a love for all things English, please feel free to browse on this website!

(I did not see anything as tacky as sales of typically English foods, but if anyone feels the need for that I think we can start a separate thread for it in Hangout! I know that many Internet sites carry English specialties!)

Deborah
34.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
hello all!
getting very cold here!
with christmas on the way...i thought i would post a small bit of self indulgence..;-) we all know of the beautiful royal crown rings..lady amethyst herself seems to be an admirer of these gorgeous rings...well.......guess what....hubby has gotten me one for my very own! it isn''t here yet..but i have just received progress pictures of it and i am posting a little collage...it''s similar to several of the designs but unique as well..i like to have my own flavor if you will! i''ll post more pics on my little thread at show me the ring called ''sithathoriunet''s jewels'' enjoy!:)
merry christmas to moi.....LOL

rinage.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here are some pics of the queen of hearts...anyone care to dispute that title?LOL

070629_princess_diana.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and, well, you get the picture..:)

princess_diana_gallery_main_4.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here''s some thing really neat...a view of the inside of a sapphire...looks as if we are looking outside at the nite landscape somewhere in the countryside..:)

silk_in_sky.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and this really young diana photo..isn''t she just a doll?

dianainabluedresss.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and a wonderful imperial crown

greatimperialcrown.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Hall Sapphire Diamond Necklace - This exquisite necklace features 36 matched sapphires from Sri Lanka totaling 195 carats. Their deep sky-blue color contrasts brilliantly with a sparkling sea of 435 diamonds weighing 84 carats.

sagrthyNecklace.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Right: The Hazen Diamond Necklace. The 325 diamonds in the platinum necklace weigh a total of 131.4 carats. Designed by the best: Harry Winston!

Right: Marquis Diamond Ring. 28.3 carats. Designed by Cartier. This gem is set with 66 diamonds fashioned into a garland ring in a platinum mounting.

2541393582_68949b8365.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Look for flashes of color in the 116 facets of this pear-shaped, champagne-colored diamond. Cut from a 240-carat crystal, it is suspended from a chain of 108 diamonds that total about 45 carats. The necklace was designed by Baumgold Brothers, Inc.

2540572483_285d4d4ac0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results