Date: 4/13/2009 5:52:22 AM
Author: Imdanny

Date: 4/12/2009 8:53:25 AM
Author: Sithathoriunet

Date: 4/12/2009 1:40:19 AM

Author: loriken214

Date: 4/11/2009 9:21:20 PM

and a few rare pics of our people''s princess, diana...lovely diana...

Diana is my angel....she passed away on my birthday.
12.gif

Lori

that must have been very hard for you. i know we all remember exactly what we were doing that day and how we found out...
Thank you for sharing your story. I''ll share mine. I saw it on the news, first that she had been in an accident, and then that she had died. I was by myself, and when my SO came home, I said, ''Did you hear the news?'' and I was almost hysterical, and he was looking at me like nothing was wrong, and then I said, ''She''s dead!,'' and then I let myself sink to the floor. I couldn''t stand up anymore.
39.gif

Then I cried for days, without stopping. My SO and my best friend and my family didn''t really get it, but I was heartbroken.

I agree with everything you said about how we pay for all of it, and how the ''the people'' have needs (like the homeless, like you said) that should be met, but Diana cared for us. She didn''t have to. She was beautiful, she had wealth, she had position, she had privilege. It would have been easy enough for her to care about her title and everything that goes with that, but she cared about people. That''s who she was. When I think of all of the good that she could have done in all of the years she could have lived...

I''ve read on a forum where people post about royalty that the Establishment has a view that goes like this: mothers of kings are forgotten and Diana will be no exception. Those are the literal words they use. No. Diana will never be forgotten. She has entered the realm of legend, and she will live there forever.
I''ll never forget it.....I was living at home with my parents, newly divorced from a bad first marriage, and was on my way out to meet my SO for my birthday dinner.......my Mom said Diana has been in an accident and has passed away.....I was in TOTAL SHOCK. It didn''t sink in for quite a while....not until I saw the continuous news coverage of it. I cried for days and for hours during her funeral....SO was very supportive.

My collection of Diana books, magazines, etc. was extensive and I decided to sell a bunch of them a few months before her passing. I thought, there will be lots more of them as she grows older so I can thin out my collection now. What a shame! Who would have thought that she would be taken so soon? My collection includes a souvenir Royal Wedding mug and Official Wedding Program that were sent to me by my English pen pal. It was awesome to receive these right after Charles and Diana were married. I''ll keep them forever.

Lori

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 8:13:26 PM
Date: 4/13/2009 5:52:22 AM

Date: 4/12/2009 8:53:25 AM

Date: 4/12/2009 1:40:19 AM

Date: 4/11/2009 9:21:20 PM

and a few rare pics of our people''s princess, diana...lovely diana...

Diana is my angel....she passed away on my birthday.
12.gif

Lori

that must have been very hard for you. i know we all remember exactly what we were doing that day and how we found out...

Thank you for sharing your story. I''ll share mine. I saw it on the news, first that she had been in an accident, and then that she had died. I was by myself, and when my SO came home, I said, ''Did you hear the news?'' and I was almost hysterical, and he was looking at me like nothing was wrong, and then I said, ''She''s dead!,'' and then I let myself sink to the floor. I couldn''t stand up anymore.
39.gif

Then I cried for days, without stopping. My SO and my best friend and my family didn''t really get it, but I was heartbroken.

I agree with everything you said about how we pay for all of it, and how the ''the people'' have needs (like the homeless, like you said) that should be met, but Diana cared for us. She didn''t have to. She was beautiful, she had wealth, she had position, she had privilege. It would have been easy enough for her to care about her title and everything that goes with that, but she cared about people. That''s who she was. When I think of all of the good that she could have done in all of the years she could have lived...

I''ve read on a forum where people post about royalty that the Establishment has a view that goes like this: mothers of kings are forgotten and Diana will be no exception. Those are the literal words they use. No. Diana will never be forgotten. She has entered the realm of legend, and she will live there forever.

I''ll never forget it.....I was living at home with my parents, newly divorced from a bad first marriage, and was on my way out to meet my SO for my birthday dinner.......my Mom said Diana has been in an accident and has passed away.....I was in TOTAL SHOCK. It didn''t sink in for quite a while....not until I saw the continuous news coverage of it. I cried for days and for hours during her funeral....SO was very supportive.

My collection of Diana books, magazines, etc. was extensive and I decided to sell a bunch of them a few months before her passing. I thought, there will be lots more of them as she grows older so I can thin out my collection now. What a shame! Who would have thought that she would be taken so soon? My collection includes a souvenir Royal Wedding mug and Official Wedding Program that were sent to me by my English pen pal. It was awesome to receive these right after Charles and Diana were married. I''ll keep them forever.

Lori
you guys, it''s so nice to hear everyone''s personal story about what happened to diana, to find support all these year''s later in the universal common feeling of our sorrow and loss of the magical diana....i know that she is home now and she must know all of the feelings everyone has had and will continue to have in missing her..she was our jewel...and no matter what will always be a light that will never ever be put out, weather she is here with us or on the other side.
thankyou for sharing your stories, it has meant alot to read them.:)
loves jenna

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 5:55:28 AM
Now switching gears, this is the Burger King''s crown. I think it''s made of gold, with a yellow sapphire, and a ruby (or is it a spinel?
3.gif
) and other gems.
25.gif
LOL, i loved this crown! smiles....and yum...
18.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 6:24:33 AM
Jenna, I''m sorry about your father.
thankyou, you are a sweetie...it''s been one of the hardest obsticles emotionally i''ve ever had to hurdle in my life...probably always will be. it''s hard to explain what you go through, and unless you are a child who lost a parent at such a young age, you just can''t imagine...
i''m 33 now and i still have feelings of hurt, missing him, rage at the loss and a sense of being lost sometimes...so i know there is no end in sight for wills and harry and what they face...goodness knows.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
ok imdanny, here are your photos you posted as links for you..;-)Russian Imperial Scepter with Orlov Diamond

2611408270031751182VPzdKc_ph.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Amulet of Charlemagne

2310158600031751182sFDQsT_ph.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
French Crown Jewels the Empress Eugenie Brooch with the Mazarine Diamonds

2712996200031751182qTaaBh_ph.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Saxony Diamonds from the Green Vault in Saxony

2600313790031751182jzvUvB_ph.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Vatican Emerald pectoral of Pius X

2515320360031751182SvAvmD_ph.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Saxony Scepter of the Kings of Saxony

2662099750031751182qMsgAb_ph.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Iranian Coronation Jewels for the Empress Farah

2165760430031751182ZmWZyl_ph.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
French Blue Heart Diamond Ring originally part of the French Crown Jewels

2056580460031751182fGoJwL_ph.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 6:45:16 AM
Please forgive me for the links, fellow RJ thread members, but this site doesn''t let you save their pictures. I think there is a way, but I''m going to have to work on it.

In the mean time, there are other pictures there for anyone who wants to post them.

This is an article about the Orlov diamond, the diamond in the link I posted. BTW, this is a GREAT site about diamonds. You might want to bookmark it. Click ''Back'' at the bottom of the page to get to the home page.

http://famousdiamonds.tripod.com/orlovdiamond.html

Good-bye for now everyone!
35.gif
ok, for you imdanny, to save images like this, hold your mouse below the photo on the page and hold down your left click button, now slide your mouse up over the photo and highlight it, once it turns blue and therefore is highlighted, hit your ctrl and your ''c'' buttons to copy the image, then open your email, and go to ''compose'' mail, in the body of your email you are composing, put your curser there, and hit your ctrl and your ''v'' buttons to paste that image you wanted. now repeat for as many images you want, then send yourself the email and when you open it, you simply hold your mouse curser over the images and right click them and save them to your computer as if normally you would have in the first place! it''s a few more steps, but that''s how you do it with these ones.
jenna

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOOPS - I was copying images in before I realized someone else was doing it concurrently. Apologies for the doubles, I''ll head out now.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jenna. Thank you Lori. Thank you musey. Big smile--
1.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
musey,

Hey, it's all good. I'm touched that both of you helped me with it.

Tonight I'll post more pictures.
35.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
you know between the bunch of us, we''ll get them all up here sooner or later!!!!!!LOL

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
have a gander at the austrian imperial jewels....yummmmmmmmm

ustrian_Imperial_Crown_Jewels.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 9:15:17 PM
you know between the bunch of us, we'll get them all up here sooner or later!!!!!!LOL
LOL!
1.gif

The scepter is exquisite. Wow.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
GENEVA - A diamond necklace believed to have been made for Russian empress Catherine the Great fetched over $1.5 million at auction, but sold at just below the high-end estimate.

ans10211171535.widec.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Russian Kokoshnik

russia20tir20kokoshnik.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
The tiara that Alexandra Fyodorvna is often seen wearing.

aftiara.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock

alix.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock

Tsarina20Alexandra.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
this photo came with nothing but "ella''s emeralds " for a description..anyone???

ellas20emeralds.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results