carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
everybody looks nice
actually Cam looks beautiful
i think Fergie might be a size different on her top to her bottom, (and needs to buy a bigger size and then have a taylor take it in) but its nice to see her so we wont be mean, it is very nice that the King invited her to church
i love the neatness of the back of Anne's hair

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great photo line up, @Daisys and Diamonds! The old Queen had a great range of Easter bonnets, didn’t she? She always looked so well turned out, unlike some of the younger ones.

yes, HM was good with the hats:kiss2:
and the pearls and the brooches:kiss2:
so were her mother and her sister :kiss2:
and for that matter so is her cousin Princess Alexandra:kiss2:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
1711923661823.png
1987 i think we were still calling Fergie a breath of fresh air back then (Bea was born in 1988)
and i think she has a broochy thing ? on her shirt ???
more at Easter 1987 ( i was at high school)
1711923902311.png

I've never seen the double sapphire cluster earrings before! Sarah must have some lively lesser-known pieces from the time of her marriage and also from her family.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've never seen the double sapphire cluster earrings before! Sarah must have some lively lesser-known pieces from the time of her marriage and also from her family.

she was such a pretty young thing
i love the co-ordinatin navy blue
my mother used to say (to the newspapers and the telly and the woman's mags) stop campairing the two !!!:kiss2:

so with that in mind i gave M a good two years of support - at least until Opra :x2and her saying she hated every minute of the tour down here :x2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow fringes on boots!? That is not something I thought I'd see!!! Luv it tho...

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice out fit
love the navy
but needed jewellery so baddly
just so sad
such a waste of brooch real estate
im having trouble with pictures this morning
HM does have a teeny tiny little chain on, it could be the F necklace

1712265883189.png 1712265883189.png

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I am in Texas and right in the middle of the Path of Totality for the Total Solar Eclipse on Monday. I AM SO EXCITED!!!! It's been crazy...helping to write district lesson plans to share with all grade levels and I was asked to do some cross-curricular lessons for two other districts. The museum that my husband works at also as a full slate of events, one of which is a fancy event (not quite as fancy as our annual November gala) Saturday night.

I even purchased a special tiara to wear Monday....:D:D:D:D:D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am in Texas and right in the middle of the Path of Totality for the Total Solar Eclipse on Monday. I AM SO EXCITED!!!! It's been crazy...helping to write district lesson plans to share with all grade levels and I was asked to do some cross-curricular lessons for two other districts. The museum that my husband works at also as a full slate of events, one of which is a fancy event (not quite as fancy as our annual November gala) Saturday night.

I even purchased a special tiara to wear Monday....:D:D:D:D:D

ok now im excitted !!!!!!!!!!!!
you and hubby have loads of fun

RosalieJ

Rough_Rock
everdently the brooch is in Angela Kelly's book which i have around here somewhere
the brooch was Queen Mary's and our late Queen did wear it on occasions
1711921210321.png

1712515672967.png

The diamond, sapphire, and emerald brooch was originally owned by Queen Mary who was photographed wearing it in the early 1900’s. One significant occasion which it was worn was in August 1909 when the British Royal Family was joined by Tsar Nicholas II and his family for the Cowes Regatta.

The brooches was inherited by Queen Elizabeth II who only wore it a handful of times publicly. It was photographed for Angela Kelly’s wonderful book Dressing The Queen, published after the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

RosalieJ

Rough_Rock
1712654097893.png

NEW INFORMATION ON CAMILLA’S ENAMEL BROOCH​

It has been reported earlier than the brooch was a gift from King Charles.

The brooch had been sold by Wartski, a firm with deep connections to the royal family.

The brooch was described by Wartski as “an antique enamel and diamond set brooch,” made in England around 1890. The description added that the brooch was made “of an undulating square of old cut diamonds interwoven with two ribbon like, electric green enamelled gold strands.”
The brooch retailed on the Wartski website for £8,000.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was just looking at the pictures on the daily mail last night and i did not know this
so a new to me tiara -not that we will now ever see it worn as such,

1712780468290.png
from the daily mail

It is said that, when the young Camilla Shand first met Prince Charles through their mutual friend, Lucia Santa Cruz, that she had made a joke of about the colourful if somewhat disreputable connection between their families.

The Keppel ruby and diamond tiara, given to Mrs Keppel by the newly crowned King Edward in the early 1900s, is one of these gifts.

Similar in style to one made at the same time by Fabergé, it is made of gold and platinum and set with swirls of pavé-set diamonds elaborated by 14 oval and pear-shaped synthetic rubies.

This might sound strange - a king giving synthetics - but these 'rubies' were very fashionable at the time, having been finally perfected by Auguste Verneuil in time for the Paris World Fair in 1900. They were in high demand.

The combination of rubies and diamonds signifies eternal love, which makes the piece a particularly appropriate gift from the Prince of Wales, as he was then. The tiara has since been transformed into a necklace.

There is another Keppel family tiara in the collection, also - a magnificent diamond set-piece found locked in a safe at a London jeweller’s. Bought by Charles for Camilla, it has subsequently been transformed into a spectacular necklace and pair of earrings.
1712780755258.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i need to find a better picture
1712780912728.png
im not sure what Queen Alexandra would think of all this, HM might have had to go back to Denmark for a holiday
but its terribly romantic Charles finding Alice's jewellery to give to Camila, Alice's descendant- i think the old lady (I mean great grandma) was still alive when Camila was born... hang on i google ... Cam was born in July 1947 and Alice died in September 1947

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
not really big enough for a Queen but nice enough for Bertie to flaunt his fancy woman around court/Paris when poor Alexandra was back at the palace
1712781689997.png
could do with a diamond base as a tiara but quite nice as a necklace
it would be cool to see Queen Camila wear it again

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ive lost track of what day it is but Charles and Cam celebrated 19 years on the 9th

1712782055513.png
1712782110928.png

i though the bride looked so beautiful

1712782165341.png

1712782249162.png

1712782210281.png
off on honeymoon
1712782311330.png

and i just really like this picture with Granny

1712782001765.png

RosalieJ

Rough_Rock
1712783060625.png
1712783071805.png
Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh, wore the glittering blue earrings for the historic Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace.

The jewels are of particular significance to Prince Edward and Sophie, for the Duchess was first spotted wearing the earrings for an engagement to mark their 10th wedding anniversary. Sophie opted for the floral jewels as she visited Whitton School back in June 2009, a decade on from the couple’s star-studded nuptials in Windsor. Some royal watchers have even speculated that the floral gems could have been a gift from the Prince to the mother-of-two.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
1712783060625.png
1712783071805.png
Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh, wore the glittering blue earrings for the historic Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace.

The jewels are of particular significance to Prince Edward and Sophie, for the Duchess was first spotted wearing the earrings for an engagement to mark their 10th wedding anniversary. Sophie opted for the floral jewels as she visited Whitton School back in June 2009, a decade on from the couple’s star-studded nuptials in Windsor. Some royal watchers have even speculated that the floral gems could have been a gift from the Prince to the mother-of-two.

a wonderful moment for Anglo French relations
im quite excitted that it was Edward and Sophie who got to stand in for the King

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
i was just looking at the pictures on the daily mail last night and i did not know this
so a new to me tiara -not that we will now ever see it worn as such,

1712780468290.png
from the daily mail

It is said that, when the young Camilla Shand first met Prince Charles through their mutual friend, Lucia Santa Cruz, that she had made a joke of about the colourful if somewhat disreputable connection between their families.

The Keppel ruby and diamond tiara, given to Mrs Keppel by the newly crowned King Edward in the early 1900s, is one of these gifts.

Similar in style to one made at the same time by Fabergé, it is made of gold and platinum and set with swirls of pavé-set diamonds elaborated by 14 oval and pear-shaped synthetic rubies.

This might sound strange - a king giving synthetics - but these 'rubies' were very fashionable at the time, having been finally perfected by Auguste Verneuil in time for the Paris World Fair in 1900. They were in high demand.

The combination of rubies and diamonds signifies eternal love, which makes the piece a particularly appropriate gift from the Prince of Wales, as he was then. The tiara has since been transformed into a necklace.

There is another Keppel family tiara in the collection, also - a magnificent diamond set-piece found locked in a safe at a London jeweller’s. Bought by Charles for Camilla, it has subsequently been transformed into a spectacular necklace and pair of earrings.
1712780755258.png

I love the ruby necklace-tiara! I wish we'd see it worn again, even if for a low-profile engagement.

I'm not sold on the diamond demi-parure being made reusing stones from an earlier tiara. The cut and shape of the diamonds doesn't look late 19th-early 20th century to me. I've always believed it to have been an early present (wedding gift or such) from on e of the Arabian royals families. And probably a Harry Winston piece, at that.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
i need to find a better picture
1712780912728.png
im not sure what Queen Alexandra would think of all this, HM might have had to go back to Denmark for a holiday
but its terribly romantic Charles finding Alice's jewellery to give to Camila, Alice's descendant- i think the old lady (I mean great grandma) was still alive when Camila was born... hang on i google ... Cam was born in July 1947 and Alice died in September 1947

Several online sources have linked this ruby necklace, the small floral tiara, the turquoise demi-parure, at least one choker and several other pieces to Camilla's inheritance from her parents.
If true (and not presented by the Prince of Wales), I wonder what goodies her sister and late brother got... That must've been a deep vault for a low-key family!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Several online sources have linked this ruby necklace, the small floral tiara, the turquoise demi-parure, at least one choker and several other pieces to Camilla's inheritance from her parents.
If true (and not presented by the Prince of Wales), I wonder what goodies her sister and late brother got... That must've been a deep vault for a low-key family!

its too bad we dont live in a time of a really social court with lots of balls
but The Daily Express writters would pass out at the maths involved in tellying up the 'whopping/eye watering' worth of those pieces

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results