shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And a closer look....

I think this is a good example of the more modern "fun" pieces that Mathilde and Maxima usually wear so well.

mathilde3-2008b.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Found a few photos of the Queen wearing the Williamson Diamond Brooch. This one at Sophie and Edward''s Wedding in 1999 shows off the pink diamond quite well.

queensophiewedding1999.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The pink throwing off fire in this one!

queenwilliamsondiamondbrooch.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really quite a sizeable piece isn''t it? Wowza!

queenwilliamsondiamondbrooch2.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2008 2:41:59 PM
Author: gwendolyn
This is probably a dumb question, but what are the technical differences between a crown, a tiara and a diadem?
Diadem n : an ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty
[syn: crown]

Whereas a tiara may be worn by anyone, I think a diadem may only be worn by the sovereign, so it may also be considered a crown.

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 1:53:07 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
For day time she has worn this flower brooch (I forget what that type of flower is called - anyone??) - she has worn this one before.
The brooch is from the collection of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. It depicts a sprig of lily of the valley and is a Faberge piece. It was presented to QEQM by a Soviet leader - not sure if it was Krushchev or Brezhnev - during a vist. The Duchess wore it to her daughter Laura''s wedding; it complemented the bridal bouquet.

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 12:06:35 PM
Author: Lorelei

Whereas a tiara may be worn by anyone, I think a diadem may only be worn by the sovereign, so it may also be considered a crown.
It would seem there is a bit of room for interpretation...which reinforces that it isn''t a dumb question!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2008 12:33:48 PM
Author: emeraldeyes

Date: 3/9/2008 12:06:35 PM

It would seem there is a bit of room for interpretation...which reinforces that it isn''t a dumb question!
Indeed not!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the info, ladies.
1.gif

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 1:56:47 AM
An this is one of Princess Mathilde''s recent looks. I have no idea what this necklace is made of but I like it!
I am quite sure that the beads are glass (lampworked) beads. The larger beads appear to be hollow. The smaller ones are solid. They are made by melting glass rods with a torch, then winding it onto a steel rod (mandrel), color can be added using another rod of glass, small pieces of glass (frit) that are melted into the bead, or enamel powder (finely ground glass with intense color). The bead is them shaped using head, gravity and/or tools into the desired shape. Quality hand made glass beads must then be annealed in a kiln to remove any stress in the glass. Some hollow beads are blown, others are wound.

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
The maquette for the Tiara for the Royal Fireworks. Ostensibly a maquette is made up by the designer in order to give the client a feel for what the finished piece will look like prior to beginning actual work. I suppose this is done in order to avoid unpleasant surprises once the work has actually been completed and it''s too late! Unfortunately, HM didn''t see her folly soon enough, although admittedly this mock-up doesn''t look too bad.

rubydesign.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
For day time she has worn this flower brooch (I forget what that type of flower is called - anyone??) - she has worn this one before.
Looks like Lily of the Valley I think.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2008 8:44:01 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl

You and SanDiegoLady beat me to it! I love Lily of the Valley. My Aunt, who was married before I was born, carried it during her wedding. I have always seen it in her wedding photos!

Deborah
34.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love Lily of the Valley but that flower pin doesn''t look like that flower, at least not to me...???

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
camilla3-7-08b.jpg

Really? It looks similar to me. Not my favorite piece either way though.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that one looks like a Lily of the Valley! I thought we were talking about the floral brooch upthread on this page...

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to say thank you to all who are posting these pictures! This is one of my favorites threads here and I check every time I''m on to see what beauties you all are going to post next!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 10:04:13 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 3/13/2008 8:44:01 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl

You and SanDiegoLady beat me to it! I love Lily of the Valley. My Aunt, who was married before I was born, carried it during her wedding. I have always seen it in her wedding photos!

Deborah
34.gif
SDL, beautiful pic of the Lof the V! They also smell so beautiful. My Mom loves them too, and also carried them in her bouquet during her wedding. They make me think of her. As mercoledi said, it''s not necessarily the prettiest piece of jewelry Camilla is wearing, but I do love the real flowers. And actually, IRL, that piece is one I''d more likely be able to wear in my humble world, than the big royal bling!!
3.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Does Camilla wear a thin yg w-band with her EC ering? I thought I saw a yg band peeking out in one of the pics on the previous page. Are there any closer shots? That ring is so massive (gorgeous, but massive) - and I thought it was set in plat, not yg. I''m surprised she''d do the unmatched set, but if she is, that''s kinda nifty!

Also - are those the same pearls, but she switches out the clasp? If there''s one thing that I''ve loved learning about the Royal Jewels from this thread, it''s how versatile their pieces are.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, SDL! Is Charles'' welsh gold ring his wedding band or he simply has a band from the same metal? (Basically- I''m asking if he has the same band as he wore when married to Diana?!?!).

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Whew!!! I didn''t think so, either!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have all the Royals been in seclusion the last couple of weeks? I have missed seeing their latest attire from their various social events!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LadyAmythyst69, where are you????? You are missed.
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2008 10:51:07 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Have all the Royals been in seclusion the last couple of weeks? I have missed seeing their latest attire from their various social events!
9.gif
Nope! They went to church at Easter, and recently hosted an official visit from the French PM Sarkovsky ( sp?) and his new bride Carla Bruni. The Queen, D of E and PoW and Camilla were all there!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2008 5:29:09 AM

Date: 4/2/2008 10:51:07 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
9.gif
Nope! They went to church at Easter, and recently hosted an official visit from the French PM Sarkovsky ( sp?) and his new bride Carla Bruni. The Queen, D of E and PoW and Camilla were all there!
Sounds like there must be some pics waiting for us somewhere!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
yes,yes,yes! I WANT MORE PICTURES!!!(PLEASE)

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
As requested - Her Majesty wears the Tiara for the Royal Fireworks along with the Corwn Ruby necklace and earrings, the centre portion of Queen Victoria''s stomacher on the sash of the French order, the ruby plaque bracelet and an evening watch with pearl bracelet.

stdin.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
The Duchess of Cornwall wears the Boucheron honeycomb tiara that Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother inherited from the estate of Mrs. Greville along with a collet necklace also from QEQM.

stdincam.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
The Princess Royal wears the festoon tiara with the ornate necklace and earrings that were a gift from her parents; the brooch is a gift from the Prince of Wales.

stdinprroy.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Madame Sarkozy borrowed jewels from Chaumet.

I will make no comment on the very bad choice of footwear.

stdincbs.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results