clarity

Royal Jewels

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen photos of Mary of Denmark's upgraded ER? I found one photo, but it wasn't very clear. She's added diamonds and rubies to represent her 4 children.

Lori

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Crown Princess Mary ER is made of emerald cut brazilian diamond with two rubies, her wedding band is made of yellow gold, she added later a infinity diamond ring.

So far I follow a site about royals of the world and no she never added more stones to her ER.

On the other hand.... seems she did, who cares anyway.

tumblr_m76e4pe1eh1r9n2z6o1_500.jpg

_10460.jpg

mary_2.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Crown Princess Mary ER is made of emerald cut brazilian diamond with two rubies, her wedding band is made of yellow gold, she added later a infinity diamond ring.

So far I follow a site about royals of the world and no she never added more stones to her ER.

tumblr_m76e4pe1eh1r9n2z6o1_0.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
All,

I apologize to all for losing my temper. My frustration was due to the fact that I did not express myself clearly enough and I was not clear enough with my question. I especially apologize to those whom I most offended. I hope that you all can forgive me.

Sincerely,

Danny

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1382752411|3544827 said:
All,

I apologize to all for losing my temper. My frustration was due to the fact that I did not express myself clearly enough and I was not clear enough with my question. I especially apologize to those whom I most offended. I hope that you all can forgive me.

Sincerely,

Danny

Forgive you for wanting more tiara events? No, you're not forgiven! Not by me, anyway. I also long for more opportunities to wear tiaras and ceartainly don't feel bad about it, dear :) Sorry that you felt someone was offended by your question ;-)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Nobody wants to discuss royal jewels past or present, it seems... I'm sorry to see that... So much has happened on the royal jewellery scene and not a single post about it... And to think that the trhread was so lively! A pity!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Bobby, thank you.

1. Either you were making a joke or I've been wrong all this time thinking you were a young man.

2. Yes, what happened to this thread?

3. I remember Diana wearing tiaras often, Catherine never. I don't understand. Maybe it was because Diana was Princess of Wales and Catherine is not at least not yet (thus less events, etc.).

Danny

Rubeum

Rough_Rock
"Particular" royal jewels. They do not belong to a king, but to a saint, Saint Januarius (San Gennaro) from Neaples. Donated by Napoleon, Charles of Bourbon, Maria Amalia of Saxony, Maria José, Vittorio Emanuele II, Maria Theresa of Austria, Ferdinand of Bourbon etc etc... in these days have been put on display to the public.

The "Mitra" - Gold, silver, emerads, rubies and diamonds
gall_img_ebc5fc84c5280b43bde9.jpg

The necklace - Gold, silver, rubies, emeralds, sapphires (blue and yellow), amethysts, diamonds
09_-_collana_di_san_gennaro.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1385279949|3561982 said:
Bobby, thank you.

1. Either you were making a joke or I've been wrong all this time thinking you were a young man.

2. Yes, what happened to this thread?

3. I remember Diana wearing tiaras often, Catherine never. I don't understand. Maybe it was because Diana was Princess of Wales and Catherine is not at least not yet (thus less events, etc.).

Danny

Hi Danny :) You're welcome :)

1. Define young :razz: I'm of legal age all over the world :razz:
2. Already gave my two cents...
3. Diana was invited to more tiara events. Her royal life started 30+ odd years ago. Things have changed. Now we see black tie state banquets in monarchies where white tie (which means tiaras WILL be worn) was the norm a couple of decades ago. Official visits (think the D&Dss of Cambridge in Malaysia) tend to have more low-key events, hence no tiaras. Sad, but that's our society today - more busines-like and related to politics/money. Invent a time machine and I'll be glad to travel back in time with you to King George V and Queen Mary's court or even to Imperial Russia (if only you promise we'll be back before the Revolution starts; we can even take a few Romanovs with us :razz: ). In due time Catherine will have to wear a tiara - either at an event in Britain or at an event in Scandinavia. She will go with a tiara, HRH is not HSH The Princess of Monaco (who's been doing quite well jewellery-wise these days :) )

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Rubeum|1385300462|3562015 said:
"Particular" royal jewels. They do not belong to a king, but to a saint, Saint Januarius (San Gennaro) from Neaples. Donated by Napoleon, Charles of Bourbon, Maria Amalia of Saxony, Maria José, Vittorio Emanuele II, Maria Theresa of Austria, Ferdinand of Bourbon etc etc... in these days have been put on display to the public.

The "Mitra" - Gold, silver, emerads, rubies and diamonds

The necklace - Gold, silver, rubies, emeralds, sapphires (blue and yellow), amethysts, diamonds

The jewels are very nice in their own right, but why are they exhibited together, as a necklace? Different styles, different gems. Looks like a total mess to me...
The Mitra is very nice :) A real show stopper :)

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone, I have missed you all, your lovely wit and sparkly photos mixed in with a dash of history. Due to some health issues (nothing serious just very time consuming), a family and work, I have not been visiting as often. I do hope the thread doesn't die out. Perhaps some one could suggest a new topic (related to all things sparkly) to get us through this slow season. I have noted a few pics of Princess Charlene and she is starting to wear a few statement pieces (ear rings, necklace, etc). Perhaps there is hope for a tiara sighting some day. sigh...... Anyway, I know that Caroline inherited some major pieces from her grandmother I am assuming (since what I have read, it appears that Grace borrowed quite a bit, correct me if I am wrong), do you think that Charlene's collection will mainly consist of new pieces? Perhaps we could summarize what we know to be hers and what are family pieces. I am surprised that the Grimaldi family does not have a larger collection (although I acknowledge their colorful past and some lively characters in the family, may have something to do with that). What about the Hanover collection (such a shame the vault has been closed to Caroline, if the marriage rumors are true), do we know what her husband has been able to keep in the family?

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I have never seen that pendent before. Is there a better picture (close-up) of the Duchess of Cornwall (or any one else) wearing it? The article reported it was in silver. Like you I think it is a sapphire and diamonds.

Bryce

Rough_Rock
I have beem admiring these posts for some time and thought I should chime in and join the action.

I have been updating my notes on the brooches of QEII and I have come across this picture which shows one of my "TBD" items (To Be Determined). I was wondering if anyone had any information of this brooch which I have not seen before.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have.
Cheers Bryce

brooch_-_aaa_3_hq.jpg

jean95404

Rough_Rock
It looks like the necklace the Duchess of Cornwall is wearing might be a diamond and sapphire pendant hanging for a diamond reviere necklace. Perhaps someone has a close up photo that would show it more clearly.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Especially for Danny and all who wonered when The Dss of Cambridge is going to wear a tiara! The answer is....TONIGHT, at the reception for the Corps Diplomatique. As it is 9.30 pm in the UK, we can say that at this very moment a sparkling tiara graces the head of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge.
Sad newes, however, is that BBC's Royal Correspondent Peter Hunt has twitted that photos will not be made abailable.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boo hoo at no pics of Kate wearing a tiara at this event. Hopefully the information about which one she has chosen to wear will be made public later.

DK :))

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! Jumpy claps! :appl: I am surprised by the Lotus flower though. I figured it would be her wedding tiara again. I thought the Lotus flower would be in the hands of Viscount and Viscountess Linley, but perhaps it has been returned to the royal collection. I think it is the perfect size for the Duchess of Cambridge!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooer, I did not expect to see the Lotus Flower tiara for certain!

I believe its size suited her, not being too big to overwhelm her, and am glad she has finally made a tiara appearance after her wedding.

DK :appl:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1386169386|3567339 said:
OMG! Jumpy claps! :appl: I am surprised by the Lotus flower though. I figured it would be her wedding tiara again. I thought the Lotus flower would be in the hands of Viscount and Viscountess Linley, but perhaps it has been returned to the royal collection. I think it is the perfect size for the Duchess of Cambridge!

The wedding tiara is in Paris, at a Cartier exhibition ;-) I think it may be the first time one of Elizabeth II's private jewels travels abroad on its own :razz:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Just peeked at pictures from the Nobel ceremony going on in Sweden right now. I see Queen Silvia in the nine-prong and that's it. :angryfire: Daniel is there but not Victoria, which I find a little odd. I am not surprised Madeline is not there since she is a little busy gestating ::)

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Crown Princess Victoria is at the service for Nelson Mandela.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1386697382|3571373 said:
Just peeked at pictures from the Nobel ceremony going on in Sweden right now. I see Queen Silvia in the nine-prong and that's it. :angryfire: Daniel is there but not Victoria, which I find a little odd. I am not surprised Madeline is not there since she is a little busy gestating ::)

Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson was there and wore some glittering jewels ;-) The Six button tiara, which seems to be her new favourite, her small sapphire and diamond necklace with new pendant (remember she had a round b'day not long ago) and the earrings that I've always found odd with the rest of her jewels.
You can see Princess Christina here - Link

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1386708106|3571455 said:
Crown Princess Victoria is at the service for Nelson Mandela.

Ye, she is and wore some diamonds in S.A. - studs, the small drop-shaped pendant from Estelle's christening and the floral brooch from the official engagement photos :)

BTW, The Crown Princess will be back in time for tomorrow's dinner given by The King & Queen for the laureates ;-)

Any particular wishes from anyone? I hop to see the scarab necklace on The Queen with the ruby tiara, though knowing HM, she'll probably go for the mighty sapphires... As for The Crown Princess, I hope she wears the fringe, maybe with CPss Margareta's laural-leaf tiara in its orriginal necklace form :) I hope we see no button tiaras and Pricess Christina wears the Connaught, like a few years ago. It'd be nice to see her finally wear the amethysts, too :)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1386717475|3571543 said:
Ye, she is and wore some diamonds in S.A. - studs, the small drop-shaped pendant from Estelle's christening and the floral brooch from the official engagement photos :)
[...]

The Swedish royal website has a photo - Link

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Two HQ photos from the Nobels
1) Queen Silvia - a nice close up of the necklace and pendant - Photo
2) Queen Sonja in pearls and diamonds (no diamond choker this time? I'm sad) - Photo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results