shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

happyfeet

Rough_Rock
Kates hair and dress are lovely. Do you think those earings are heavy :confused:

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
There is a quick snap of William and Kate leaving a restaurant with Kate's hair up very casual, taken during the engagement. I would love to see her in a full up-do and some yummy jewels. Oh well maybe someday.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deleted post.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1321139718|3060536 said:
There is a quick snap of William and Kate leaving a restaurant with Kate's hair up very casual, taken during the engagement. I would love to see her in a full up-do and some yummy jewels. Oh well maybe someday.

I remember that! I just so wished Catherine would wear her hair like that more often, as it suited her. Mais... C'est la vie!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today the British Queen laid a wreath at the Cenotaph in Whitehall, London. Her Majesty was accompanied by TRH The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge, The Duke of York, The Earl of Wessex, The Princess Royal and The Duke of Kent.
The Duchesses of Cornwall & Cambridge, The Countess of Wessex, Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence, The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra watched the ceremony from the balconies of the Foreign Office.

Elizabeth II wore the Dorset bow brooch, while Camilla, Sophie and Birgitte wore militarry badges. Does anybody recognise Camilla's badge? She's worn it before, but I've not been able to identify it. I imagined she would've worn a Rifles badge, like Sophie and Birgitte.

Here you can read an article and see some nice photograths - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...en-leads-tributes-Britains-fallen-heroes.html

BTW, I gather that The Queen wore the Jubilee brooch at the Festival of Remembrance last night, while the Duchess of Cornwall wore her pearl, diamond and pink topaz choker. I do wonder what other members of the Royal Family wore.

Bobby

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1321226830|3060965 said:
Elizabeth II wore the Dorset bow brooch, while Camilla, Sophie and Birgitte wore militarry badges. Does anybody recognise Camilla's badge? She's worn it before, but I've not been able to identify it. I imagined she would've worn a Rifles badge, like Sophie and Birgitte.

Bobby

The Duchess of Cornwall is wearing a badge of a Scotish Regiment, the cross designe being the St Andrew's Cross. But I am not sure of the specific regiment.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prince.of.preslav|1321224507|3060955 said:
I'm rather sad to say this, but The Duchess of Cambridge did not wear real diamond earrings at the St James' Palace gala dinner. Instead, HRH wore a pair from Beaut Jewellery in silver and paste/rhinestones. An identical pair can be seen here - http://metiersf.blogspot.com/2010/12/estate-jewelry-trunk-show-preview.html
At least they are beautiful indeed.

Bobby

I deleted my post because I had thought she wore the silver and paste version, but I wasn't sure. So you're sure she wore those?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TL|1321246846|3061184 said:
I deleted my post because I had thought she wore the silver and paste version, but I wasn't sure. So you're sure she wore those?

Yes, I am sure that this pair is identical to the one Catherine wore in St James' Palace. Look at this close-up and compare it to the photo from the link. I think you'll agree that we have a 100% match.
cambrpaste.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1321139718|3060536 said:

I just came across a photo of The Duchess with her hair done in a very nice way :) The photo was taken on Canada Day, earlier this year.
Link: http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/01293/WEB-kateinpurpl_1293592cl-5.jpg

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Agreed, Bobby. She looks like a grown-up for a change, very nice.

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1321272881|3061272 said:
TL|1321246846|3061184 said:

Yes, I am sure that this pair is identical to the one Catherine wore in St James' Palace. Look at this close-up and compare it to the photo from the link. I think you'll agree that we have a 100% match.
cambrpaste.jpg

Bobby

DSC_0498-1.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
what is weird is that from the picture the stones look glued in and not prong set.which makes them look like costume jewelry.

jean95404

Rough_Rock
Re: Kate's earrings

You know, I've been looking at the photos over the last couple of days. Even kind of sketched them and I have a little problem when it comes to the shoulders of the bottom part. On the earrings Kate wears they are fairly well squared off, on the photo of the paste earrings they are more rounded. Couple of other areas have nearly imperceptible differences too. I recall that Elizabeth Taylor fell in love with a pair of paste earrings and Richard Burton (or Mike Todd) had them recreated in diamonds. Perhaps the earrings Kate wore were real and they were copied in paste by a manufacturer. If this were true, it seems the earrings would have been seen by people, public or otherwise as some point to be copied. They do seem to fall into line with the Greville style of jewels of art deco design. Whatever the actual truth of their origin or point of Kate being given them or purchasing them, they are very flattering to her and I find that I am enjoying her style development with each photo I see.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Princess Maxima wore her garnet (I think) & diamond tassel earrings earlier this week. She does know how to use jewels wonderfully. (Apologies for the watermark across her pretty face!)

Newscom-anproyal005733.jpg

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Lovely picture of Queen Elizabeth at a service held at Westminster commemorating the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible. Love the hat pin!

qekjv400.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
JewelFreak|1321273451|3061280 said:
Agreed, Bobby. She looks like a grown-up for a change, very nice.

I have to agree. I tend to see her as a "girl" not a "woman", even though she is just a year younger than I am. Perhaps because she seems to have done so little with her, other than waiting around. She doesn't seem to have had a career of any sort or done some significant charity work or whatever.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1321631872|3064466 said:
I have to agree. I tend to see her as a "girl" not a "woman", even though she is just a year younger than I am. Perhaps because she seems to have done so little with her, other than waiting around. She doesn't seem to have had a career of any sort or done some significant charity work or whatever.

The former Catherine Middleton did work for her parents' party planning business and has had a couple of other occupations. Her Royal Highness also has a diploma in Art History and is a keen photographer.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BubblyBear|1321591289|3064243 said:
Lovely picture of Queen Elizabeth at a service held at Westminster commemorating the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible. Love the hat pin!

qekjv400.jpg

I adore HM's ensemble for this occasion! And the more I see the star brooch, the more I like it. It's no surprise that Her Majesty favours it.
By the way, when did she start wearing it?

Bobby

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
I believe it is the Jardine Star brooch. There's record of QE wearing it as early as 1990.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BubblyBear|1321671470|3064900 said:
I believe it is the Jardine Star brooch. There's record of QE wearing it as early as 1990.

Indeed :)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
She looks so nice. I always wag my tail when tiaras are dusted off & worn; not enough of those occasions for my taste anymore. The Dutch RF has such a wonderful jewelry collection.

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone find a good, clear picture of Princess Charlene's earrings from the evening event at Monaco's National Day? They look gorgeous, but I can't find a quality photo to post.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prince.of.preslav|1321663426|3064833 said:
BubblyBear|1321591289|3064243 said:

qekjv400.jpg

I adore HM's ensemble for this occasion! And the more I see the star brooch, the more I like it. It's no surprise that Her Majesty favours it.
By the way, when did she start wearing it?

Bobby

I agree, HM looks so "put together" and the jewelry is magnificent, as always. :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I love the Jardine Star brooch. It looks wonderful, whatever dress she wears it on.

BubblyBear|1321754906|3065418 said:
Can anyone find a good, clear picture of Princess Charlene's earrings from the evening event at Monaco's National Day? They look gorgeous, but I can't find a quality photo to post.
BB -- This is the closest one I can find. You've probably seen it too. The earrings look like a cluster of pear shaped diamonds but it's hard to tell for sure. Hope next time she has them on we get a better photo. Oh my gosh, the dress! Awwwwwful. Did the girl pull down the palace curtains & wrap herself in them? :shock:

Monaco+National+Day+2011+Gala+Evening+FGWsEm44tHTl.jpg

armywife_2010

Rough_Rock
193019-princess-charlene-in-monochromatic-outfits-for-2011-monaco-national-da.jpg Princess Charlene at Monaco's national day

AllThingsLuxury

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have to agree the first ring isn't all that charming, especially for a royal piece. Even worse is the one with the heart shape and the crown on top. Honestly that just more or less looks tacky to me. But Diana's ring is a keeper. That ring is in intense demand.

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Let's look at Maxima from the 3D movie premiere of Nova Zembla at the RAI theatre in Amsterdam...

max%20shoulder.jpg

max%20earring.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results