clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2008 10:49:37 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 1/26/2008 3:13:22 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Close up of Maxima''s earrings - although I''m sure you can see them from across a room!
2.gif
I rather like them, love the jade.. and still, she''s just too darling for words! lol
I love Maxima''s bold style. And the Dutch people seem to really like her. I think she will make a great Queen one day. She gets along really well with her mother in law Queen Beatrix.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2008 9:58:25 AM
Author: Kaitebug

Family or not, just the idea of comparing the Rottweiler with Miss Keppel is disgusting! Why oh why did Camilla have to get that rock???...and all the other jewels! *tears clothes,throws ashes*
29.gif
38.gif
39.gif

It took me a few readings to discern your meaning. Eventually I decided that you must be referring to the Duchess of Cornwall (i.e. Camilla) as "the Rottweiler". I do not share your opinion of her and I know that there are others here who do not, so if you want to speak to us as a group you might want to realize that some of us need you to explain why you are so negative, not assume that everyone already knows why you feel as you do and agrees with you.

By the way, it is Mrs. Keppel.

Deborah
34.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a beautiful picture of Letizia at a recent dinner for the President of Peru. She is wearing the same old diamond earrings and necklace she always wears but is sporting a new hair cut that I think looks really good on her.

letizia1-21-2008.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I think this shade of green looks really attractive on Letizia.

letiziaperu2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is a nice one of Felipe and Letizia. You can see the yellow gold charm bracelet that she wears constantly. It was a gift from her husband on the birth of their daughter. She got one for each of their daughters. I can''t tell from the photo if she is wearing both or if she has combined the charms onto one bracelet because it looks fuller to me.

letizia1-21-2008a.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think she''s absolutely stunning, but someone needs to feed that woman some pizza! Or something equally as fattening. 5 pounds would do so much for her frame!

Psst....LadyAmythyst--thank you so much for this thread, this is the first time I''ve had any interest in history EVER!!!I just caught up on all 36 pages this weekend, holy cow there are some incredible jewels on here!! Gotta save my pennies...

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I was recently searching for Royal engagement rings which were mainly sapphire & I came across this picture of Princess Caroline of Monaco''s ering with her first husband. It was a short lived marriage which I think she actually had annulled - but anyhow, the ring is a sapphire oval with trillion diamonds on either side.

PrincessCaroline1stering.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
princessmichaelofkentering.jpg

I posted this in another thread but thought I would show it here too. This is Princess Michael of Kent''s ering. (If you can find it in the absolute forrest of rings she is wearing!) It is a two stone ring with a round diamond next to a round sapphire. I like it!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite picture of Mary and Frederik of Denmark. Isn''t it sweet and romantic?

maryandfred.jpg

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That is such a sweet picture! It looks like something from a bridal magazine doesn''t it?

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 7:03:46 PM
Author: joflier
That is such a sweet picture! It looks like something from a bridal magazine doesn''t it?
LOL! It totally could be!

kizmet

Rough_Rock
Sigh... that''s such a romantic picture. I wish me and my husband could take a photo like that! But since we both have the camera phobia, we would start cringing and giggling!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Amidst all the lovely jewels, does anyone notice the super yellow teeth of the older royals?

Kinda makes you think about the water quality in Europe...

I wonder how they keep their jewelry sparkling?? Ammonia solution?
31.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 5:12:36 PM
Here is a beautiful picture of Letizia at a recent dinner for the President of Peru. She is wearing the same old diamond earrings and necklace she always wears but is sporting a new hair cut that I think looks really good on her.
Well, I''ll take that ''same old'' earring and necklace set any day of the week!! Sometimes the simplest things are just the right touch especially with such a low-key dress. Like the hair and the green.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 6:43:43 PM
My favorite picture of Mary and Frederik of Denmark. Isn''t it sweet and romantic?
Isn''t it nice to see royals obviously marrying for love -- real love.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 4:46:49 PM
Author: onvacation

Amidst all the lovely jewels, does anyone notice the super yellow teeth of the older royals?

Kinda makes you think about the water quality in Europe...

I wonder how they keep their jewelry sparkling?? Ammonia solution?
31.gif
The worst is Queen Margrethe - but that''s because she is a heavy smoker.
38.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 6:50:38 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 1/28/2008 5:12:36 PM
Well, I''ll take that ''same old'' earring and necklace set any day of the week!! Sometimes the simplest things are just the right touch especially with such a low-key dress. Like the hair and the green.
The Spanish Royals are in a period of trying to avoid any big "show" of their wealth. Their position in Spain is precarious right now so they don''t want to spark any problems for themselves. So we don''t get to see the big jewels these days. Sometimes they bust them out for big events overseas but never in Spain itself these days.
40.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Since it has been quiet on the Royal jewelry front lately how about some older photos?

This is Princess Diana wearing the Lover''s Knot Tiara (wedding gift from the Queen) and the sapphire and diamond brooch (wedding gift from the Queen Mum).

dianasapphirebrooch.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a much later picture of Diana after she had the sapphire and diamond brooch remade into a choker which she wore often.

Which incarnation of the sapphire do you like better?

I think Diana wasn''t much of a brooch person and also possibly wanted to set herself apart form the other royal ladies all of whom have simillar sapphire and diamond brooches. The choker certainly became an iconic Diana piece.

dianasapphirepearlnecklace.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve come across several good photos of Princess Mathilde''s enagaement ring lately. This picture is from the announcement of their engagment. I think the ring is supposed to be a ruby but in some of the photos it looks more like a garnet.

mathildeering2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Another of Mathilde''s ering.

mathildewithering.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is a good close up. Looks like the ring is set in yellow gold and platinum with diamonds.

mathildeeringclose.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is a recent photo. I like her bracelet as well! And the watch - a Rolex methinks?

mathilde1-30-2008.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 7:00:19 PM
I''ve come across several good photos of Princess Mathilde''s enagaement ring lately. This picture is from the announcement of their engagment. I think the ring is supposed to be a ruby but in some of the photos it looks more like a garnet.
What the heck is that furry thing she''s wearing that obviously doesn''t have sleeves???!!!
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 7:06:23 PM
This is a good close up. Looks like the ring is set in yellow gold and platinum with diamonds.
I like this ring because it isn''t ''too pretty'' or ''too precious''. It has . . . personality! It''s substantial and satisfyingly different.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 6:54:38 PM
Here is a much later picture of Diana after she had the sapphire and diamond brooch remade into a choker which she wore often.

Which incarnation of the sapphire do you like better?

I think Diana wasn''t much of a brooch person and also possibly wanted to set herself apart form the other royal ladies all of whom have simillar sapphire and diamond brooches. The choker certainly became an iconic Diana piece.

What a beautiful person. Wow.
30.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I am glad that people are posting on the Royals thread again...I have always had a huge crush on Princess Diana and thing the Sapphire brooch converted to a choker was a smart choice...she looks stunning in anything and the choker is no exception.She became more confident and elagant as she grew older and finally seperated herself from the royal family.I like the two tone look that Princess Mathilde had chosen for her jewelry...especially the mid size two-tone Rolex watch.The large size watch is sofisticated and bold.

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
I stumbled upon this forum quite by accident and appreciate the posts of other contributors.

I have a few tidbits of knowledge to share.

Earlier in the thread someone asked about the sashes of orders and how they are worn. It most definitely does matter if it is worn left to right or right to left, and to wear an order incorrectly is a profound breach of etiquette. Most sashes are worn right to left but two notable exceptions are the Garter (Britain) and the Order of the Elephant (Denmark).
The history of the Lover''s Knot Tiara was incorrect. It was not a wedding gift to Queen Alexandra; it was made for Queen Mary and is a copy of one that her Aunt Augusta, who was the Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz owned. There are several other similar tiaras in existence. The tiara that was given to Queen Alexandra en suite with the pearl drop and diamond necklace and pearl and diamond brooch is called the Rundell Tiara. This tiara has not been seen in many decades and is believed by some to have been broken up, but I think it is somewhere in the vaults at Buck House.
Also I think someone had asked for pictures of Czarina Alexandra''s earrings. I will post pics soon.

[/i]

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Emeraldeyes! Royal Jewels is a popular topic here on PriceScope. Looking forward to your upcoming pictures!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2008 5:06:45 PM
Author: emeraldeyes

I have a few tidbits of knowledge to share.

Indeed you do!!! Welcome! I am so very glad you did stumble upon us. You seem to know far more than anyone else!

Deborah
34.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results