f43f4054761fc359_large.jpg

ebda8265981137e0_large.jpg

ehlwgpkc3.jpg

CpiadebunteillustR1961gracekelly1157919994.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
dianab said:
LadyMaria said:
RE: Pictures from dianab on Sophie of Hapsburg.

Please note...there are BOWS on the shoulders of her wedding dress...
Yes, I noted the BOWS ... are you want say something with this comment?

xxxxx

More Grace

A few pages ago we had a good chuckle over Dutch Princess Mabel and her bows. She had over 200 bows on her wedding dress, she had rhinestone bows on a pair of shoes, her daughter's christening gown had a bunch, and many of Mabel's outfits have bows in some way, shape or fashion (I use the term "fashion" loosely when discussing Mabel). Seeing the bows on Sophie's dress just reminded me of poking fun at Mabel's bows. Sophie's wedding dress is beautiful...two bows are just fine!

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
After seeing all of the lovely photos of Princess Grace, could someone (Bobby?) provide some history or details about some of her pieces? Thank you.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Red Cross Ball in Monaco, and Charlene's first one as Prince Albert's finacee. She's got a great pair of earrings on!

103171835.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Red Cross Ball in Monaco...Stephanie (not sure about this dress, but you can't help but say it is classic Stephanie) with Albert and Charlene. Charlene holding a bouquet certainly gives us a small hint of next year! ;-)

103171183.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria said:
Red Cross Ball in Monaco...Stephanie (not sure about this dress, but you can't help but say it is classic Stephanie) with Albert and Charlene. Charlene holding a bouquet certainly gives us a small hint of next year! ;-)
Thank you, Lady Maria. Prince Albert has certainly chosen a classy looking lady. As for Stephanie's dress, I guess you can't choose your relatives. :shock:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Some interesting pieces. She is very elegant -- & I like that often she wears no jewelry at all with a formal dress, the spare look & restraint are nice. Great belt on the silver dress.

--- Laurie

Charlene1.jpg

Charlene2.jpg

Charlene3.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A clearer photo of the contrast between Charlene & Stephanie's, ahem, styles. Can't say that gown on Charlene is the best either; she looks better in less complicated duds.

EeewStephanie.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Such as this. Gorgeous.

Charlene4.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Red Cross Ball Gala Dinner

Same dress, same earrings and a live perspective of the engagement ring of Charlene

42-25725217.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
While I was not a fan of Bill Clinton when he was in the White House, I will still drool over the jewels in his daughter Chelsea's wedding gown. While the earrings are understated, I think the belt is beautiful. I doubt it is real though. I can't decide if she should have worn a necklace though. Part of me says yes...if she had done more dramatic earrings it would have balanced with the belt and I think no necklace would have been fine. But it just seems like with the small earrings, no necklace, and the big belt it's lopsided. Part of me says no necklace...perhaps she wanted the full attention on the belt. If it hadn't been strapless then I would definately be okay with no necklace. If it had lace sleeves a la Princess Grace or Ivanka Trump I think it would have looked even better.

So here's a photo and we can all comment!

chelseaclinton240.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
While Chelsea looked great, her mother Hillary looked atrocious. I would not recommend going to a tentmaker for your mother of the bride dress. The necklace, however, looks interesting. I'm still looking for a close up picture of it.

hilaryclinton300x400.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone! I was away from my PC for a couple of weeks and could not read the new posts here. I whant to thank Dianab for all the great photos of Princess Grace of Monaco, most of which were new to me. I must disappoint you a bit because I din't know much about the Monaco jewels. I can tell you, however, that the face on the large cameo brooch that Grace is wearing on some of the photos (light pink gown and scroll tiara par ex.) is actually her own. I think it was a gift from her husband Prince Renier.
I can also tell you that the elegant three row pearl necklace with diamond mitfs, mathching earrings, bracelet and ring were a gift from Renier in 1955. The jewels are from VC&A. This is the necklace - https://www.pricescope.com/forum/download/file.php?id=247873

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria said:
While I was not a fan of Bill Clinton when he was in the White House, I will still drool over the jewels in his daughter Chelsea's wedding gown. While the earrings are understated, I think the belt is beautiful. I doubt it is real though. I can't decide if she should have worn a necklace though. Part of me says yes...if she had done more dramatic earrings it would have balanced with the belt and I think no necklace would have been fine. But it just seems like with the small earrings, no necklace, and the big belt it's lopsided. Part of me says no necklace...perhaps she wanted the full attention on the belt. If it hadn't been strapless then I would definately be okay with no necklace. If it had lace sleeves a la Princess Grace or Ivanka Trump I think it would have looked even better.

So here's a photo and we can all comment!

I couldn't agree more with you about the dress, MJ.
It seems that Chelsea's wearing a simple diamond bracelet on her left arm.

Here's a gallery with nice photos of the bridal couple and parents - http://www.bt.dk/kendte/chelsea-clinton-sagde-ja

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak said:
OK, figured out what I did wrong. Anyway, this necklace, a collier resille (sorry for lack of accent), is one of my favorites of the British jewelry. As far as I know, it hasn't been worn since Queen Mary. Bobby, as the top-drawer expert on British royal jewels, any info? Hope it hasn't been broken up for re-use of stones. Can't help thinking how beautiful it would have looked on Diana.

Made by Cartier for Queen Alexandra, 1904.

---Laurie

To what you've already said, Laurie, I can only add that the Collier resillie is made of circular and rose-cut diamonds set in platinum. There's a very nice portrait of Queen Alexandra by Francois Fleming where HM's wearing the collier, the Koh-i-Noor diamond as brooch and QV's small crown. In Hans Nedelhoffer's book Cartier there's a photo of the necklace unworn, probably from the Cartier archives. The portrait can also be found in the book (the new edittion at least).

Bobby

QueenMaryalext&n.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
On 15th June The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh attended the Order of the Thistle service in Edinburgh, Scotland. HM wore the antique triple-pendant diamond earrings:

vUstIOOPHUgl.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Duchess of Cornwall wearing the new pair of dragon fly brooches at the Sandringham Flower Show on 28ht July. The firs time Camilla wore the earrings was a week earlier at the visits the Ebony Horse Club.

At the Flower Show:

Sandringham+Flower+Show+c68-kE5b1lGl.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav said:
Hello everyone! I was away from my PC for a couple of weeks and could not read the new posts here. I whant to thank Dianab for all the great photos of Princess Grace of Monaco, most of which were new to me. I must disappoint you a bit because I din't know much about the Monaco jewels. I can tell you, however, that the face on the large cameo brooch that Grace is wearing on some of the photos (light pink gown and scroll tiara par ex.) is actually her own. I think it was a gift from her husband Prince Renier.
I can also tell you that the elegant three row pearl necklace with diamond mitfs, mathching earrings, bracelet and ring were a gift from Renier in 1955. The jewels are from VC&A. This is the necklace - https://www.pricescope.com/forum/download/file.php?id=247873

Bobby

Good to see you back! I admit, I was a little worried that you hadn't posted in a while.

dianab

Rough_Rock
LadyMaria said:
dianab said:
LadyMaria said:
RE: Pictures from dianab on Sophie of Hapsburg.

Please note...there are BOWS on the shoulders of her wedding dress...
Yes, I noted the BOWS ... are you want say something with this comment?

xxxxx

More Grace

A few pages ago we had a good chuckle over Dutch Princess Mabel and her bows. She had over 200 bows on her wedding dress, she had rhinestone bows on a pair of shoes, her daughter's christening gown had a bunch, and many of Mabel's outfits have bows in some way, shape or fashion (I use the term "fashion" loosely when discussing Mabel). Seeing the bows on Sophie's dress just reminded me of poking fun at Mabel's bows. Sophie's wedding dress is beautiful...two bows are just fine!

Hi LadyMaria,

Agreed!! Mabel is a MESS (LOL) ...

prince.of.preslav said:
I can also tell you that the elegant three row pearl necklace with diamond mitfs, mathching earrings, bracelet and ring were a gift from Renier in 1955. The jewels are from VC&A. This is the necklace - download/file.php?id=247873

Bobby

Thanks Bobby

xxx

If anyone have more pictures of Soraya from 1950s to 1970s, PLEASE POST!!!

Elizabeth_Taylor_Grace_Kelly_04.jpg

2g.jpg

264g70k.jpg

20tqgdf.jpg

dianab

Rough_Rock
Grace Kelly Grimaldi

021kg9.jpg

06_1grimaldi70s.jpg

0741032a14946351_large.jpg

090fc31f1bced573_large.jpg

dianab

Rough_Rock
Princess of Monaco

0b198e1bf3f80f12_large.jpg

10634gabyc.jpg

106GK.jpg

3139598c4a8ca1rg4.jpg

dianab

Rough_Rock
Princess of Monaco

2702520-2520GREACE2520KELLY.jpg

257rg3.jpg

12df8d838561d59f_large.jpg

carostepgrace60s.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria said:
Good to see you back! I admit, I was a little worried that you hadn't posted in a while.

You shouldn't worry, Lady Maria. I had two great weeks of relaxing after a few months of styding for exams for the university.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
fogdancer said:
Red Cross Ball Gala Dinner

Same dress, same earrings and a live perspective of the engagement ring of Charlene

A closer photo of Charlene's earrings at the Red Cross Ball:

redcrossball_charlene_2010r-55.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Am I right to think that on this photo (originally posted by Dianab earlier on this page) Dame Elizabeth Taylor is wearing her Taj Mahal diamond neckace?

Elizabeth_Taylor_Grace_Kelly.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The annual gala fro the Sultan of Brunei's birthday on 15th July - The Sultan's first (and currantly only) wife Queen Saleha wore an impressive diamond and ruby tiara, brooch, button and a pendant with a huge stone:

sultan64bdGala2010.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results