Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
madeleine

f9b4_3.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 8:16:30 PM
Author: LadyMaria
Here is a more formal portrait of Princess Lalla Salma wearing an impressive turquoise (at least that''s my best guess) choker and a pair of earrings that make my earlobes hurt just looking at them!

Personally, I like her hair down better.

You''re right, these are turquoises! But that''s not a formal partrait, I must say. This photo was taken at the the 13th Sacred Musics Festival in 2007, Fez. The Queen of Jordan also attended.

Anyway, here''s Princess Lalla Salma with her hair up earlier this year:

64nn8x.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And a photo from her wedding day with a bautiful tiara and her hair down:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And a photo from her wedding day with a bautiful tiara and her hair down:

sdnvblm.JPG

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 3:43:06 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Date: 5/10/2010 8:16:30 PM

Author: LadyMaria

Here is a more formal portrait of Princess Lalla Salma wearing an impressive turquoise (at least that''s my best guess) choker and a pair of earrings that make my earlobes hurt just looking at them!

Personally, I like her hair down better.

You''re right, these are turquoises! But that''s not a formal partrait, I must say. This photo was taken at the the 13th Sacred Musics Festival in 2007, Fez. The Queen of Jordan also attended.

Anyway, here''s Princess Lalla Salma with her hair up earlier this year:

Wow, I thought with that lighting that it was all perfectly staged!

I love the necklace in that shot!

One of the reasons I like Lalla Salma is how they smashed tradition with their wedding. Morroco had never celebrated a royal wedding before. Even the mother of Mohammad VI was never publically acknowledged until she had produced an heir.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Coins and stamps were released for the Swedish Royal wedding. I think she''s wearing the Cut Steel tiara in the upper left.

vicotriadanielstamps.jpg

JulioMee

Rough_Rock
This ring is in keeping with the more recent trend of English Royals choosing diamonds over gemstones for their rings. I think Sophie Wessex was the first to choose a diamond and then everyone since has been a diamond.
------------
]Millefiori Pendant | Murano Necklace

JulioMee

Rough_Rock
The Greek ruby parred consists of a tiara in the naturalistic design
of olive fruits and leaves, a pair of pendant earrings, a necklace,
and two brooches.
----------------

Millefiori Pendant | Murano Necklace

Ruthie

Rough_Rock
Trade
I may be wrong, but I think HM Queen Elizabeth II has an all diamond engagement ring made from Prince Philip''s mother''s tiara. Perhaps she didn''t actually "choose" the ring though. This is such an interesting and informative forum!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 2:40:04 PM
Author: Ruthie
I may be wrong, but I think HM Queen Elizabeth II has an all diamond engagement ring made from Prince Philip's mother's tiara. Perhaps she didn't actually 'choose' the ring though. This is such an interesting and informative forum!

That's true, Ruthie. Bellow you can see a photo of HM from today with her ring and a single pearl strand and studs from the Windsor Horse Show.

JulioMee is also correct that British royal brides have opted for gemstone erings. I, however, think that (without Sarah and Diana) all rings wire chosen by the husbands-to-be, rather than girls.

Sapphires - Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, Princess Marina, Princess Alexandra, The Princess Royal, Lady Diana Sencer
Rubies - Princess Margaret and Sarah Ferguson (both marriages ended in divorce)
Emeralds - Queen Victoria and The late Princess Royal Mary
Diamonds - Elizabet II, Sarah Rhys-Jones, Camilla

Of course, this is not a complete list, but it gives you an idea of what ering the Windsors have.

Bobby

99167659.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 8:09:33 AM
Author: JulioMee
The Greek ruby parred consists of a tiara in the naturalistic design

of olive fruits and leaves, a pair of pendant earrings, a necklace,

and two brooches.

----------------

Millefiori Pendant | Murano Necklace

Just for the record - the parure was for a short period of time Yugoslavian as the property of HRH Princess Olga of Yugoslavia (nee of Greece and Denmark) and the tiara was borrowed at least once by Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.

Here you can see the two sisters Olga and Marina wearing some of their best jewels:

marinaduchessofkent-royalfamilyalbumvol.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
5/13/2010 4:28:06 PM

Sapphires - Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, Princess Marina, Princess Alexandra, The Princess Royal, Lady Diana Sencer
Rubies - Princess Margaret and Sarah Ferguson (both marriages ended in divorce)
Emeralds - Queen Victoria and The late Princess Royal Mary
Diamonds - Elizabet II, Sarah Rhys-Jones, Camilla

Bobby-You are such a treasure! It would have taken so much time to look all this up, but you are a resource all by yourself! Thank you so much for posting! It is lovely to have all this at our fingertips (so to speak).

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
34.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the kind words, Deborah*! Calling me treasure makes me really proud
3.gif

*Hope I didn't misspell your name

Here's Elizabeth II's all-diamond engagement ring (second fav after Camilla's). It has eleven diamonds taken from one of Princess Andrew's tiaras and was designed by Prince Philip. The central diamond is 3+ carats:

Queensering.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy sixth wedding anniversary to TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark!

TRH at The Prince Consort''s birthday last year:

550174.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always liked this glittering photo very much:

83214.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday (13th) Infanta Elena attended a meeting with ''Salud 2000'' Foundation. I think The Infanta has worn this necklace at Hereditary Duke Friedrich of Württemberg''s pre-wedding in 1993:

99259465.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Duchess of Brabant (Mathilde) attended the ''Masters of black in fashion and costume'' exhibition in Antwerpen on 12th May. I''m not mad about any of The Princess''s huge custome earrings, but maybe some of you will like these:

99048782.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2010 3:46:22 PM

Thank you for the kind words, Deborah*! Calling me treasure makes me really proud
3.gif

*Hope I didn't misspell your name
In English the words "pleasure" and "treasure" rhyme. I used to have a boyfriend who would say, "It's my pleasure, treasure" to me. So I will say that to you, Bobby, in regard to having used the word to describe

you! It certainly applies to you! You bring untold riches to, "Royal Jewels"! And you did not misspell my name. I was born in the 1950's to a mother from a conservative part of the United States called New

England. She spelled my name in the traditional, English, manner. The British actress Deborah Kerr was popular in those days. No one had come up with the idea of writing "Debra" minus some of its letters! I

would have counted on you to be excruciatingly correct in your spelling, Bobby! Thank you for asking, however!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
So while looking at HM''s engagement ring, I started to wonder what did Princess Andrew''s tiaras look like (only have seen pictures of her in a habit), who has them now and which one was taken apart or remodeled after HM''s engagement ring was designed. As usual thanks so much.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 8:44:45 PM
Author: laurensmama
So while looking at HM''s engagement ring, I started to wonder what did Princess Andrew''s tiaras look like (only have seen pictures of her in a habit), who has them now and which one was taken apart or remodeled after HM''s engagement ring was designed. As usual thanks so much.

The Greek Key tiara belonged to Princess Andrew and is worn by the Princess Royal. It is one of her favorite tiaras.

UKroyalAnneGreekKeyTiara.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

And here is a very young Princess Anne, before she was named Princess Royal, wearing the Greek Key tiara.

2AnneGreekKeyMeanderTiara.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 8:14:02 PM
Author: AGBF

In English the words 'pleasure' and 'treasure' rhyme. I used to have a boyfriend who would say, 'It's my pleasure, treasure' to me. So I will say that to you, Bobby, in regard to having used the word to describe you! It certainly applies to you! You bring untold riches to, 'Royal Jewels'!
And you did not misspell my name. I was born in the 1950's to a mother from a conservative part of the United States called New England. She spelled my name in the traditional, English, manner. The British actress Deborah Kerr was popular in those days. No one had come up with the idea of writing 'Debra' minus some of its letters! I would have counted on you to be excruciatingly correct in your spelling, Bobby! Thank you for asking, however!

Deb/AGBF

34.gif

Now you're even kinder, Deb! Thanks again for the words and the recognizing me as a tresure. You know, sometimes I hope there are more posters like me on this thread, but now I'm happy it's only me - The tresure!

Re your name - Bravo on your mother for chosing the 'longer', British, version of the name.

My "excruciatingly correct" spelling is because of the computer dictionary. Whenever I have doubts about a word I ask the dictionary. And of course I read (and change) my posts at least twice before I submit them.

PS: Hope you don't mind that I altered your message but it was too long and now the sentances are together.

Regrds,
Bogdan

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

Ohh, it''s a long story! I''m no expert and don''t know if Princess Alice''s jewels (apart of the ones in the Windsor collection) are still in her descendant''s hands. She had a rather modest collection with 2-3 tiaras and two necklaces (not counting pearls). At one time she sold everything she could in order to raise money for her convent. I''ve even read that her apartment in Athens was on Prince Philip''s name, so that she couldn''t sell it.

Now your question - As far as I know The Ptincess recived this parure as a wedding gift from ane of her Russian relatives (GD Elizabeth Fyodorovna, I believe). As I have not seen this tiara worn by anybody else and the central diamond matches in size, I assume that this tiara went for the ring and the bracelet. A question remains, however - where are the big stones (?aquamarines?) now?

Escanear001-1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
This diamond bandeau is actually a necklace which she wore on her wedding day:

Prss_Alice_of_Greece.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Alice has also worn a huge diamond star as an aigrette.

Here''s perhaps her best known tiara - the Greek kay - now with Princess Anne, a wedding present to the then Princess Elizabeth in 1947:

2180114837_c754296086.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Changing the subject to Sweden. I just watched Familjen Bernadotte del 3 about Crown Princess Victoria. Josefine, I''ll ask you again to make a short summary of the episode. What did The King say at the beggining? What did they sing? Victoria''s, the hofdame''s, Madleine''s and The Queen''s words are of particular intrest to me. I''d also like to know what the narrator and The Crown Princess said about Drottningholm at the end.

In this episode the CP was shown on an official visit to Italy and India. At the official dinner in India, Victoria wore an interesting necklace. Does anyone know if (Josefine?) if it''s a gift from India or is a Bernadotte jewel? If it''s possible for you, ask on RJWMB (I''m not registerd) about it (you can use the snapshot, of course).

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

cpv_india_gala.JPG

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Back on page 4 of this thread there was some discussion on Mabel of the Netherlands. She has atrocious fashion sense and lied about previous relationships before she married Johan Friso of the Netherlands. She doesn''t seem to get to wear tiaras. The only time I''ve seen her in a tiara was on her wedding day. It was hard to see the tiara amidst all the bows on her dress. She doesn''t get a free hand with the jewels like Maxima does, but that''s what happens when you cost your husband his place in the succession and are slightly estranged from the family. They live in London.

I found this picture...what is up with those wierd ribbon things on the dress? The look on Johan Friso''s face says it all.

Nice pair of earrings though.

pre-SEEGER00130327.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results