prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 1:02:50 PM
Author: Josefine
here is the lnk to the webbsite i just started about the swedish jewllery

http://swedishroyaljewellery.webs.com

its a start

Thenks for the link,, Josefine!
You''ve done a very nice site with plenty of pictures and information. I hope you''ll add a section about the family''s tiaras and some contemporary jewels from QS''s private collection.

Thank you,

Bogdan

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
I have started on it, there are also more photos to be added on those jewllery that are now up.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Lilamant, I didn''t get your picture -- can you try again? Welcome!

The tiara of Princess Lilian is one of my favorites; I''ve seen other pictures of her looking a little better in it, but it''s sooo pretty. So is that cameo brooch, thanks for putting that up.

And the emeralds are simply glorious! They make my mouth water just to look at them.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
This isn''t exactly royal jewelry, but you might call it American nobility at least. Some of you may know the Annenberg Diamond will be auctioned at Christie''s NY October 21 along with other eye-catching gems. It is 32.01 carats, emerald-cut, D color flawless. Set with 2 pear-shaped diamonds of 1.5 and 1.61 carats in a ring by David Webb, one of my favorite designers. Estimate is between $3 million & $5 million. It is on display at Christie''s in Geneva, London, Hong Kong & Los Angeles, back to NYC on view from October 16-20. As of today the e-catalog still is not up on the Christie''s site, but I''m keeping a lookout for it.

annenberg310129.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 6:08:09 PM
Author: JewelFreak
This isn't exactly royal jewelry, but you might call it American nobility at least. Some of you may know the Annenberg Diamond will be auctioned at Christie's NY October 21 along with other eye-catching gems. It is 32.01 carats, emerald-cut, D color flawless. Set with 2 pear-shaped diamonds of 1.5 and 1.61 carats in a ring by David Webb, one of my favorite designers. Estimate is between $3 million & $5 million. It is on display at Christie's in Geneva, London, Hong Kong & Los Angeles, back to NYC on view from October 16-20. As of today the e-catalog still is not up on the Christie's site, but I'm keeping a lookout for it.

Thanks for the infrmation and picture, JewelFreak. This ring is really superb. Your post made me see what's up in Christie's and I found the ring.

P.S. - Is the jewel on your avatar also a David Webb creation?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 7:37:51 PM
Author: lilamant
hello everyone! my first post to this forum! the picture below shows a diamond pear of earrings that belongs to the queen of england.

Welcome to Pricescope, Lilamant!

I can''t see your picure. Would you try to repost it or post a link, where we can see it?

Bobby

robinj

Shiny_Rock

its a start
how wonderful! finally a serious site about the swedish jewellery. good luck with it!
Robin

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Glad you found the ring info, Bobby. I can''t wait to see what else is in that auction.

My avatar here is Schlumberger -- a salamander brooch with adorable little diamond feet, tourmalines & turquoise. I cruise auction sites & jewelry makers & download my dream jewelry collection to a file. Great cheer when I''m bored or have the blues. Here (I hope!) is a bigger picture of it. It was in a Sotheby''s auction a few years ago.

Salamander934.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Josefine, I just looked at your Swedish jewelry site. Congratulations! It is marvelous! Wonderful to see all the beautiful jewels in one place and in good photos. I''m sure it will only get better and better. Looks like many hours of work.

I can''t get over the quality and variety of the Swedish RF jewels!

In the sapphire parure I see 2 hair ornaments -- sapphires surrounded by diamonds. Do any of the RF wear them now or do you suppose they''ve been incorporated into something else?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi, JewelFreak!

The two sapphire/diamond hair ornaments that you see are indeed worn today. Actually I''ve seen only one picture of them worn by Queen Silvia. There were originally a set of four hair pins, but eventually Queen Louise decided to create a pair of earrings using the larger sapphire and diamond clusters. (It seems that The Queen loved to wear matching earrings with her jewels.)

I think that Queen Silvia enjoys wearing jewels stuck in her hair. We''ve seen her with the sapphires, siangle pearls, diamond rivieres and pearl rows. Am I missing something?

Here is a picture where you can see the two remaining s/d hair pins:

061210103.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 5:30:59 PM
Glad you found the ring info, Bobby. I can''t wait to see what else is in that auction.

My avatar here is Schlumberger -- a salamander brooch with adorable little diamond feet, tourmalines & turquoise. I cruise auction sites & jewelry makers & download my dream jewelry collection to a file. Great cheer when I''m bored or have the blues. Here (I hope!) is a bigger picture of it. It was in a Sotheby''s auction a few years ago.

Thank you, JewelFreak. This is a very nice and interesting brooch. I don''t know much about Schlumberger''s work, but I assume the brooch is from Tiffany, right?

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Bobby -- great photo of the Swedish sapphire hair ornaments, thanks. Q. Sylvia does seem to like wearing jewels in her hair & does it with such imagination. She always looks lovely. I am crazy about the amethyst tiara, love the design of it -- it looks best IMHO when worn toward the back of the head as some of the princesses have done.

That brooch was originally sold by Tiffany, for whom Schlumberger designed from around 1956 to 1970. He did very intricate unique jewelry pieces, many based on nature: flowers, animals. But he also used geometric shapes in a really graceful manner. Princess Marina & the Duchess of Windsor were steady customers as well as many other royal, noble and/or wealthy women who loved jewelry.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
and it looks like the younger swedish royals are taking after their mother;

Crown Princess Victoria wearing a par of diamond necklaces in her hair.

vickanhr_23665666.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
...and Princess Madeleine wearing a diamond rose brooch in her hair... and correct me if I''m wrong, but isn''t that a Connaught forget-me-not diamond drop in her ear?

mermaddehr_23665414.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
better view of the rose brooch.

maddeshar081211_23438020_23458493.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

its a start
Thank you Josefine! Awesome job!!!!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 6:08:09 PM
This isn''t exactly royal jewelry, but you might call it American nobility at least. Some of you may know the Annenberg Diamond will be auctioned at Christie''s NY October 21 along with other eye-catching gems. It is 32.01 carats, emerald-cut, D color flawless. Set with 2 pear-shaped diamonds of 1.5 and 1.61 carats in a ring by David Webb, one of my favorite designers. Estimate is between $3 million & $5 million. It is on display at Christie''s in Geneva, London, Hong Kong & Los Angeles, back to NYC on view from October 16-20. As of today the e-catalog still is not up on the Christie''s site, but I''m keeping a lookout for it.
I think I would faint if I saw this IRL!!! What a most AWESOME beauty from nature!!!
30.gif

Thank you for posting it Laurie!
36.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 7:37:51 PM
Author: lilamant
hello everyone! my first post to this forum! the picture below shows a diamond pear of earrings that belongs to the queen of england.
Hi lilamant!
35.gif

Please try posting your photo again. Welcome to PS!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 5:30:59 PM

Laurie,

This brooch is AMAZING....all of that tiny detail!!! Please post more!!!
36.gif

Lori

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here are 3 more Schlumberger designs. Not all his stuff is to my taste -- some of it gets too exotic & organic for me, but these are in my...ahem...(digital) jewelry box.

Schlumbergergazelle254.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The one above is a gazelle w/diamonds, rubies & sapphires. This one''s an Ibex of diamonds & ruby eye.

SchlumbergerIbex24.jpeg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
This brooch is an untreated sapphire, 59.5 carats. I love it because it shows the internal light you find in natural sapphires -- you can pick them out of a group easily by their beautiful glow. Schlumberger did all kinds of jewelry; these just happen to be all brooches.

Sorry it''s so small, I had a hard time getting it to fit PS parameters for uploading, for some weird reason.

Unheated595239.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW...such creativity!!! Thank you Laurie!!!
36.gif

Lori

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the pins, all great examples of a great designers work that is timeless!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the pictures, JewelFreak. You have a really nice (virtual) collection. The large sapphire brooch is very beautiful but I don''t really like the yellow gold setting. The gazelle and Ibex brooches are nice as well.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
On royal-magazin.de I found the follewing description of a tiara given by Queen Victoria to her daughter-in-law The Duchess of Connaught:
"The Queen gave a magnificent diamond tiara, brilliants hanging down in sparkling poaks from a central wreath of brilliants of pure water."

The described tiara remindes me of the Connaught tiara in the Swedish collection, which was a wedding gift to Princess Margaret from her parents. Does anyone know where the tiara came from? I mean did the Duke & Duchess bought it for their daughter or they gave her a tiara that was already in the family.

Bobby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results