shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock

I accidentally posted this in SMTR, and didn''t know how to move it -- so I just copied and pasted here:

This post is directed towards anyone who has purchased or looked into purchasing a Royal Asscher diamond (trademarked, not just an "asscher" cut), or who has experience with them in any way. I love the asscher cut, but there are so many inconsistencies with the "square emerald" cut -- the size/number of steps seems to vary and there are very few that are actually perfectly square. I have been looking at them online and in B&M''s for some time, and am relatively frustrated with what I''m finding...... SO I''m beginning to consider sucking it up and going for the Royal Asscher, which means a smaller stone.

IF my bf and I decide to go with an actual Royal Asscher, what can we expect to pay for:

1.3 ct, G, VS2, VG/VG (this is the lowest quality we are looking at, though we are willing to go smaller in ct. wt)

any ideas? even a range would be helpful. GOG has an "asscher cut" 1.36, G, VS1, VG/EX for $8532. I know a Royal Asscher would be higher because of the premium, but I would consider it just because every Royal Asscher I''ve seen on line looks awesome. Some of the "square emeralds" just look like square emeralds.

PLEASE, online vendors and the like, I am well aware of the excellent choices you offer and the savings to boot (and I totally trust most of you based on what I''ve read) -- HOWEVER I am asking specifically, in this particular post, for info on Royal Asschers only. Thank you!!!!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock

You should email Mike Asscher at [email protected]. He could probably be able to help you since he is an *Asscher*.

Good luck. Royal Asschers are beautiful. I love them!
30.gif

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Morticia!

I finally found a thread from a year ago with folks discussing generic asschers that look more like Royal Asschers, and it seems that there ARE some out there that are similar. My question would be HOW do you know that''s what you''re getting, especially if you are buying online? NONE of the ones I''ve seen at B&M''s look ANYthing like the real thing. I want the more octagonal shape with the wider cut corners and more steps..... How can I find out what cutters CUT this way and what wholesalers or retailers actually carry them?

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock

Well, you will know if it is a Royal Asscher b/c the stone is lasered with Royal Asscher. I am considering a Royal Asscher myself and here are some retailers that I know of:

www.dbof.com - You can check out their site but Royal Asschers aren''t really advertised. They are authorized distributors of them. You should email them and ask for Jan. She is very prompt with her replies and very nice, as well.

http://www.fabrikant.com - Check out their site. I think you will have to call them re: sizes and prices. I''m almost tempted to go to their store to check out the Royal Asschers, considering that they are so close.

2.gif

icestore.com - I''m not sure if they sell Royal Asschers ( I heard they did but I''m not 100%). Their "generic" Asschers look pretty good to me though and I''ve read great things about Ariel, the owner.

Good luck! Hope that helps.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock

The way to do it is to find a vendor you know you can trust to understand the difference between a squarish square emerald and an asscher-like square emerald. My sister is in the middle of searching for a generic asscher (after marveling at a RA but concluding it was out of their price range), and one of the places I sent her to was Whiteflash. I also suggested contacting Niceice and I''d also trust Good Old Gold. I know there are a few others who know their stuff and often deal in more "asscher-like" square emeralds, but these are the 3 off the top of my head. Attached is a bad picture of the stone from Whiteflash that my sister is currently considering. I''ll post a new thread detailing the experience once this gets further underway.

Oh, and also do a search for threads by "Beansy"---she also bought a WF stone and started out with RAs the way you did.

asscherwf.jpg

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I have contacted Jan at DBOF -- and you are so right -- she was extremely quick to get back to me. They are quite short on RA''s at the moment but should be getting some in soon.

lindaAZ

Rough_Rock
Regarding price, the 1.59, I, VS2, Royal Asscher that I looked at was around 50% more than the price you are listing for the 1.3 SE. There was absolutely no color in this diamond either.

ithinkthisistheone

Rough_Rock
I have seen around 10 RAs in person.... all but one of them were awsome and 100% worth the premium.

Expect to pay around 20% more than an equal size/color/clarity regualr stone (that is still inferior). There are only around 35 stones floating around the main RAs brokers in the US right now...

on another note, does anyone know if R A sells direct from Amsterdam ? Ie if you happen to be in town, do they have a show room to sell from?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results