shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Asscher Carats?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soon to be mrs

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me. I was looking into getting a Royal Asscher but then I came across a post saying something to the effect of a RA that is 1 carat is a lot smaller than say a Princess cut of that size--is this true? If so what size RA would I have to get so that it looks like say a 1.35 carat Princess cut? Any info on this would be great! Thank you for looking.
1.gif

madrock

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure how RAs stack up size-wise against princess stones, but at bluenile.com, you can actually view what each diamond''s size will look like...when you click on a particular stone, click on "diamond images" and it will show you. It''s probably not totally accurate, but it could help.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
well, royal asschers are deeply cut stones. so, yeah they will smaller than the same ct size ideal round. as far as looking smaller than a princess- there are a lot of really deep princess stones out there too. so it really depends
3.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A Royal Asscher Cut should not be smaller in diameter than a same size princess cut,

Asscher dont have corners wich pay up for the diameter of the stone equaling both.

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
HI! I just wanted to throw in my opinion -- my boyfriend and i selected a 2.63 Royal Asscher, and i was surprised when i saw it in a setting, it looked larger to me than 2.63. I don''t know about a Princess, as i didn''t look at those, but from all of our research, most jewelers told us that a R.A. under 1 carat might not have the same ''deep pool'' effect, but i think it all depends on the stone and seeing it in person. I still think even though some say a R.A. may appear smaller than other stones of similar size that its worth the money, as it is such a unique and beautiful stone. But i''m biased because that''s what i have, so take it for what its worth! :)

Have you been able to find some R.A.s to look at in person? Pictures are beautiful, but you gotta see that stone in person! Good Luck!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2005 8:17:50 AM
Author: DiaGem

A Royal Asscher Cut should not be smaller in diameter than a same size princess cut,
If the sample wireframe diagram of the RA cut (listed in their advertising and website) is any indication... sure that: these diamonds are not "small" compared to other squares out there.
34.gif

Hope noone minds my scribbles...

RAbootleg.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results