shape
carat
color
clarity

Round setting for 9mm or larger?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
How hard will it be to find a setting for a stone that''s 9mm or larger? I''m looking online and not finding a lot of options, so, I''m wondering if custom might be the only way to go. I''m also wondering if it might be too big for some classic style settings. I was looking at James Myer and Whiteflash primarily. I''m afraid that it definitely might be too big for James Myer and the Whiteflash designs say for the most part that they will set a stone up to 1.5 ct. I know that is in diamond weight, so, I''m not sure what the equivalent would be for a colored stone since they don''t actually list the stone size. Any guidance or help would be appreciated.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your budget?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And what''s your style preference? While a lot of us colored stoners use the cheaper LOGR settings (mostly for RHRs), they''re not comparable in quality or craftsmanship to JM or Whiteflash. I''m pretty sure they make some 9mm settings (or could customize fairly inexpensively), but I don''t know much you''re willing to compromise.

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
I''m not very concerned about budget so long as it is something that I love, but I guess under 2k to be safe. My style is more classic. I originally wanted a Tiffany Legacy ring, but reading so much on here has changed my mind. I can''t imagine a round stone that size with a halo if I were to get a replica. So, I am thinking maybe a three stone ring or a gorgeous solitaire setting. I''d like something that I could wear everyday if I wanted to, so, classic would be best. My wedding set is a classic Tiffany solitaire setting with a shared prong diamond band in platinum if that helps at all. I do love one or two Saturn Platinum settings, but I think they run about 4k. That would be a little too much I think for a colored stone. However, this girl does love anything that sparkles.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
At 9.00mm, you''ve got some pretty serious finger coverage going on. I''m not sure you need anything more to enhance it''s look.

What sort of stone do you have?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I’ve seen some pretty large JM settings but it’s best to ask him to be sure. You won’t know unless you ask.

2.gif
1.5 ct round is probably going to be around 7 mm to 7.5 mm thereabouts so I don’t think WF will be able to set your stone.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 8:12:16 AM
Author: Chrono

I think I’ve seen some pretty large JM settings but it’s best to ask him to be sure. You won’t know unless you ask.

2.gif
1.5 ct round is probably going to be around 7 mm to 7.5 mm thereabouts so I don’t think WF will be able to set your stone.

WF can set pretty much any size, but I do believe there is a slight charge for customization. I asked them to set my 8.5mm Asscher in the Full of Surprises setting, and they could do it.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how bout this from LOGR? this will fit 9mm- larger... I''m waiting to get one of these for my Round peridot. very simple classic, but yet, has a little flare to it.

LOGRRB-0909dt.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the setting that D&T posted.

I''m also sure that Stuller has some simple round settings for 9mm and larger.

www.stuller.com

HTH

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, forgot to mention that American Set on Ebay has some simple pronged rings, and I have asked them before to change the head to fit my stones, and they were happy to do so. They were not going to charge me, but my stones were only about 6.75mm,

Here is their store info Linky

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies. I like that setting you posted D&T, but wish it were a little different on the band. Do they customize at all? I was also thinking maybe the lotus setting would work with a stone this size. I tried navigating the other site posted, stuller.com, but it was hard to find things. There were too many categories.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results