shape
carat
color
clarity

Round e-ring with baguette w-band ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
What do you guys think of this combination instead of a plain platinum band? FI hasn''t bought my w-band yet, and this is an estate piece I found that''s within his budget. I thought the combination might look kind of cool, but before we go to the trouble of ordering it (it can be returned!) I thought I''d get your input.

Pardon my slapdash photoshopping! And thanks in advance for your help.
35.gif

e&w band 1.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
IG... if it is returnable, I would definitely check it out in person.

Personally, I really like the look. It is modern and retro all the same time. And, uh, I am such a PSer because when I saw the photo of the band, I knew immediately where you found it. LOL! The price is great and the band is lovely. The shape of the band resembles that of your e-ring.

I say give it try!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like the center larger baguette might hit your ER. That could be a wear issue. If it''s returnable, why not try it out? I love estate stuff!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/8/2007 1:56:31 PM
Author: Joolskie
IG... if it is returnable, I would definitely check it out in person.

Personally, I really like the look. It is modern and retro all the same time. And, uh, I am such a PSer because when I saw the photo of the band, I knew immediately where you found it. LOL! The price is great and the band is lovely. The shape of the band resembles that of your e-ring.

I say give it try!
LOL! It''s funny, because I knew where it came from too! You guys must have seen my diamond in it''s former incarnation, as that''s where I found it too.
41.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I had my eye on this band aswell
28.gif
but it is a tiny bit too small for me
32.gif

I thought it was very pretty and a great price point, it looks like a band that dosen''t need to sit flush to be pretty, and would look its best set apart from the e-ring like yours would. It also would look super on its own.

Go for it!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Waaaah! You guys convinced me so I just called Pearlman''s and they said it would wreck the ring to size it to my wee finger (it''s a 6.5, I''m a 4). Oh well, back to the drawing board. Or to plan A: the plain band.

Thanks for th input anyway gals!

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
I don''t remember if your ering is plat. or WG, or what your budget is. But, there''s a baguette band like that on on Bluenile for $500.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Indy! I personally think the band is very pretty, but I''m not convinced it will look great with your e-ring. Your e-ring is beautiful and architectural with a lot of polished platinum, while the baguette band is really delicate, almost too delicate, if that makes any sense? I think they may clash.

I''m such a dork... I only recently saw this thread you started https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-wolftress.60498/ . So sorry I didn''t reply... I must have been buried under piles of wedding planning! My wedding band isn''t from VCA. It''s actually a regular high dome 3mm band. DH asked the jeweller to burnish 3-point diamonds into the band to bling it up a little. We''ve since added 2 more diamonds to it so now there are 5 on the top! I love it. It''s sparkly and so comfortable to wear.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results