shape
carat
color
clarity

Round cut versus Princess Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atldc

Rough_Rock
I am looking for suggestions as to advantages or disadvantages of Round cut engagement diamonds versus Princess Cut diamonds. Thanks again.

Dave

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is much easier to find a well cut round than a well cut princess...
what shape do you (or she..if it''s for her) prefer? that is very important.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Are we turning you off of princess cuts?
32.gif
I hope not! But, they are more difficult than rounds. Honestly, it comes down to which shape is preferred as Belle stated.

Rounds are going to be more brilliant and have more fire (assuming you''re comparing a top round to a top princess). They are also going to look bigger in most cases because they are not cut to retain weight. But, they also tend to be more expensive per carat, so it all kind of equals out.

The reason I like princesses is I like clean lines, and just prefer the shape. I like being a bit different, and for me I already had a lot of round diamond jewelry passed down in the family or given for major events (birthdays and graduations).

What shape does your SO prefer? I would go with what she likes. If she likes both rounds and princess cuts, I would consider the setting and get the stone shape that looks best in it
1.gif

atldc

Rough_Rock
I am going to stick with princess cut, because I know that she likes that. But I am finding it difficult to pick which one I like the best. I have a couple on Whiteflash and Union Diamond that seem very nice, just have to decide which one I like the best. Thanks again,

Dave

E B

Ideal_Rock
Dave,

What size princess are you looking for? GoodOldGold has gorgeous princess cut diamonds.

Examples:

.76 E, VS2

1.011 ct H, VS1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results