shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Brilliant and new AGS cut grades

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dan106

Rough_Rock
I''m a novice looking for an engagement ring. I''ve tried to read up and understand what I should or shouldn''t be looking for in light of the changes to the AGS cutgrades (or how it will even impact my purchase), but it''s all so unclear for me. I used the Cut Advisor and this appears to be a good stone, but I wanted to get some feedback regarding this diamonds appearance and if it''s fairly priced. Are there other things I need to consider or that I''m missing? Thanks for any info or advice.

Cost: $5800
Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.39-6.45 x 4.02
Weight: 1.01 carat
Depth: 62.4%
Table: 53%
Crown Angle: 35.0
Pavilion Angle: 40.6
Girdle: thin-medium
Culet: pointed
Polish: Excellent
Symetry: Excellent
Clarity: VS2
Color: H
Flourescence: Neglible
Comments: There is a small inclusion, a feather near the edge which looks like it could be covered with the prong. I know I''ll need to get this checked by an appraiser.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dan:

Trying to absorb everything at once can be a daunting task..
6.gif

Figure out what your comparing first.

Is this a Hearts & Arrows Diamond?

What lab graded this stone?

The HCA is a preliminary tool to help rule out some dogs but should be used a a starting point which is right where your at.

Visually what are you looking for in a diamond and what is a critical factor for you in picking a stone?

dan106

Rough_Rock
We've been looking for a while and my girlfriend did not seem to notice a major difference between G/H. The stone is not a H&A, which was not a major consideration for us. What she responded to most was the brilliance and play of light, so it seems that cut is the most important C for me to be considering and of course the most difficult for me to figure out. The diamond is graded by AGS (Cut 0, Color: 2, Clarity: 4).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results