shape
carat
color
clarity

rough2definedgemstones

Tsavomn

Rough_Rock
Hi all. I like to know if anyone here has done business with this vendor. They have some stones i am interested in. But i can't seem to find any reviews outside of their website. Thanks!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought two pieces of rough from rough2refined and David Dawson cut one piece (an Imperial Garnet) beautifully. It took longer than expected for the finished stone though, so rather than have him cut the other piece of rough, I had him return it and I send it to Jerry (Gemart Services).

The pieces of rough were as described and photographed so I was pleased with the purchase. And although there were various reasons for the delay in cutting, communication wasn't as I would have wanted from the cutter. Still, that years ago and the cutting transaction was separate from the rough purchase.

If there was a piece of rough or a faceted gemstone for sale on the website that I wanted, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again. If I had rough to be cut, though, I'd send it to Jerry.

Hope this helps.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Marymm, have you posted pictures of stones cut from the rough? I would be interested to see them.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1485702720|4121454 said:
Marymm, have you posted pictures of stones cut from the rough? I would be interested to see them.

I'll have to check my external drive for photos of the Imperial Garnet - I didn't keep it as I didn't care for all of its color shifts.

The other piece of rough, an Indicolite, was cut by Jerry in an opposed bar design (which I love) but I still haven't come across the right setting for it. Jerry sent me a few photos but they are not at all representative of the stone. I have to take photos of something else today so I'll try to get a few good shots of the Indicolite too.

I'll update this post later with photos of both stones hopefully.

Tsavomn

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mary. FYI the "precision cut" stones under "Cathy's Collection" i am interested in are.
4.06cts Pink Tourmaline
1.72cts Merelani Garnet

The 2.45cts Merelani Garnet looks great. And that would be my pick. But it's on hold.

Do you have a link for us? I can't find it via google.

S

SparkliesLuver

http://rough2refinedgemstones.com/

I've emailed them a few times about certain things over the course of a couple years and the communication is pretty spotty. That might just be me, but I'm not sure. Keep us posted about your experience, please.

Look forward to hopefully seeing your photos, marymm!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had a few experiences with them, but several years ago now. In total, I bought three stones, two already cut, and one on commission. I still have the one that was cut on commission (see pic). One stone that was already cut, had some extinction issues, so I returned it, the other one was lovely, but I ended up parting with it because I wasn't sure how to set it (and was going through one of my "sell off to buy more expensive stones" phases). My communication with David was great.

dd_spinel.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of picking rough and having it cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results