shape
carat
color
clarity

Rough price estimate requested

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve found a 1.43 ct D VS1 stone from a B&M store.

It''s supposed to be a 1 cut (I think using the AGS system; it''s not an ideal cut) with VG/VG polish and symmetry. I don''t have the actual percentages. I didn''t intend to go that high, but holy crap did it look nice.

Anyone give me a rough guess as to what the market value is considering it''s located in a B&M mall store in a nicer part of LA. He gave me a retail price of $16,000 but I think it should be a lot lower than that.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
use the pricescope search engine above to get internet and b&m pricing on simular diamonds.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I did. Apparently this stone is pretty rare in my area. I got nothing in the 1.4 range. 1.3, there were some out in Santa Barbara. Just wasn''t sure if there was a weird bump in price b/c a 1.4 is so close to a 1.5.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Codex57,

There you go looking like me again...

I don't think you get enough of a price break, buying a less than well cut stone, to make it make sense to do this intentionally, generally, any time.

The pricing you've mentioned for the one you found doesn't sound wacky at all, to me. Only the search by cut database here references cut explicitly, and if you search near what you're looking at, including trying to approximate the attempt to "compromise cut modestly," only one comes up, via internet, at generally "dirt cheap" prices, here.

Otherwise, a few options to reflect on, via purchasing from away, is this one from the database above, and two more: this one and this one, found in this database -- the latter of which might be the most promising...see if they will get for you crown and pavillion angles, so you can do your own assessment.

Best wishes,

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, thanks for all the links. They were really helpful.

And yeah, it''s kinda odd seeing the same picture over and over again. Gets me disoriented too as to which are my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results