shape
carat
color
clarity

rough/cut large Tanzanite asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 4:20:23 PM
Author: zeolite

Date: 9/20/2009 8:32:12 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Zeolite - that is a STUNNER! Do you have any back of the hand pics of it?
O.K. A poor picture since I''m getting condensation on the cold gem from my hand:

BTW, love your asscher yellow grossular. A large yellow like that, well cut as your is, is as brilliant as a yellow diamond, and more rare.
zOMG - Zeolite that is absolutely fantastic!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for satisfying my Asscher lust!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And thank you for the kind words about my Grossular. I started second guessing it for a while, but I absolutely love it, and appreciate you saying so!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, and I''m also glad that LTP didn''t pass out after looking at that!! LOL!!
2.gif

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 8:48:39 PM
Only then did I discover the flaw I saw on one side, was much larger and extensive than I thought when I bought it.

what was the flaw that prevented you from using the entire rough?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUUUUMMMM.

Spectacular color and size!

Oh Man!

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
A large fracture which extended through 2/3 of the length of the crystal.

Incidentally, as the rough picture shows, it was blue when I bought it, the rough dealer made no comment about it being heated, I didn''t ask, and I didn''t heat it after it was cut.

I can see the big deal about sapphires being heated, but I can''t understand the big deal about unheated tanzanites. Tanzanites loose their undesireable brown when they are heated. The crystal can be blue when it came out of the earth, which means it was heated by nature.

Or it can be mined brown, and heated by man after cutting. If it is blue, it has been heated. The only issue left is when and by man or nature.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 4:33:26 PM

did you manage to cut a stone from the 1/3 ? assuming this one was cut from the 2/3 of the crystal..
really pretty stone =)

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
No, I didn''t want to take the risk. More detail on page two, second entry from top.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2009 4:33:26 PM

So, did they cleave it, allowing the fracture fully propagate through the entire stone?

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
The fracture was very gently and agonizingly slowly, ground out with the finest grit, hoping it wouldn''t propagate, and it didn''t. Sawing might have made the fracture extend entirely though the length of the crystal.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a magnificent!! Love the color! Great Cut and such beautiful flower shots!! *Drool*

Thanks for sharing!

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
When I saw this stone my heart literally skipped a beat... sigh.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
And Roger, I agree with Gailey. I would gladly sell my firstborn for that morganite... if I had a firstborn to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results