shape
carat
color
clarity

rose gold or white gold bezel earrings?

lasposa

Rough_Rock
I am resetting my e-ring and will have 2 RB stones with a tcw of .42 that I am thinking of resetting as full bezel earrings. They are G-H in color. I saw Brian Gavin has full bezel earrings in rose gold and in white gold. My wedding set is platinum and most of my jewelry is white gold, but I do really like the look of 18k rose gold. Is it a bad idea to get the earrings in rose gold without any other matching metal? Do you think rose gold is too trendy?

Thanks!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lasposa|1302656812|2894570 said:
I am resetting my e-ring and will have 2 RB stones with a tcw of .42 that I am thinking of resetting as full bezel earrings. They are G-H in color. I saw Brian Gavin has full bezel earrings in rose gold and in white gold. My wedding set is platinum and most of my jewelry is white gold, but I do really like the look of 18k rose gold. Is it a bad idea to get the earrings in rose gold without any other matching metal? Do you think rose gold is too trendy?

Thanks!

Ummm...that would be a definite no and no from me! See The Gold Thread for pictures of what I consider beautiful! I truly love-and have always loved-18K rose gold. I fell in love with it in Italy. My daughter and I may be making a trip there in August! I fondly remember the jewelry shops in the alleys of Genoa while guided by my father-in-law who would bargain with the jewelers!!!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
see the mentioned thread, please. my 18k red gold chain is posted there.....and unless you place it next to 18k yellow and/or 18k green gold [which i have done] the difference is not that noticeable.

btw, i wear a solid silver sanddollar off my 18k red gold chain 24/7 and have always gotten comments regarding the combo....but most think its a yellow gold chain.

MoZo

ps i mix it up everytime i leave the house: 22k hammered gold e-ring, lots of silver rings and the mentioned chain/pendant combo. obviously, i don't understand the idea that everything has to match......!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love rose gold and think it is fine to wear with white gold jewelry.

However, of all the pieces I might like to have, I would not use rose gold for bezel studs. I think you'll lose the advantage of the white metal making the stones look larger, and I think the rose gold may blend in more with your ears and not be as much of a statement as it would on a larger piece of jewelry such as a pendant, ring, or bracelet.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1302664353|2894683 said:
I also love rose gold and think it is fine to wear with white gold jewelry. However, of all the pieces I might like to have, I would not use rose gold for bezel studs. I think you'll lose the advantage of the white metal making the stones look larger, and I think the rose gold may blend in more with your ears and not be as much of a statement as it would on a larger piece of jewelry such as a pendant, ring, or bracelet.
I tend to agree with DS2006 for the bolded reasons. I think a stone in a white gold bezel on a rose gold CHAIN would be amazing. Or white gold bezeled stones on rose gold leverbacks. The white metal bezel around a white diamond does have such a plumping effect that it would be a shame to miss that benefit of the bezel! IMHO.

I like the IDEA of rose gold bezeled studs though.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1302667664|2894723 said:
diamondseeker2006|1302664353|2894683 said:
I also love rose gold and think it is fine to wear with white gold jewelry. However, of all the pieces I might like to have, I would not use rose gold for bezel studs. I think you'll lose the advantage of the white metal making the stones look larger, and I think the rose gold may blend in more with your ears and not be as much of a statement as it would on a larger piece of jewelry such as a pendant, ring, or bracelet.
I tend to agree with DS2006 for the bolded reasons. I think a stone in a white gold bezel on a rose gold CHAIN would be amazing. Or white gold bezeled stones on rose gold leverbacks. The white metal bezel around a white diamond does have such a plumping effect that it would be a shame to miss that benefit of the bezel! IMHO.

I like the IDEA of rose gold bezeled studs though.

Gee...I am conflicted! I certainly see the practicality of diamondseeker's point of view and I have to admit that I had not thought of that myself! On the other hand, like deco, I like the idea of rose gold colored studs. And I like the idea of them them so much that I think I might prefer them to the white metal regardless of practicality! But if it were my first pair of diamond earrings? I don't know. Is this your first pair?

Deb/AGBF

lasposa

Rough_Rock
Wow, you ladies have given me a lot of good points to think about. I do have another pair of diamond studs that are in plat but they are much smaller.... .2 tcw I think.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i have never read a discussion on ps regarding rose gold loosing it's color. on another site, there is discussion of cartier rg watches loosing the rose color and looking yellow. i have not yet researched this but think there is probably some truth here. i do believe rolex has a trademark or something on the formula for their everose rg watches. i shall go off to do some research on this but would appreciate any knowledge you all might have to share. thanks!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crown1|1303140149|2899088 said:
i have never read a discussion on ps regarding rose gold loosing it's color. on another site, there is discussion of cartier rg watches loosing the rose color and looking yellow. i have not yet researched this but think there is probably some truth here. i do believe rolex has a trademark or something on the formula for their everose rg watches. i shall go off to do some research on this but would appreciate any knowledge you all might have to share. thanks!

Wow, crown1, this deserves a thread of its own! I never heard of this before! Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention as a possibility!!! I am extremely interested in the topic.

Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results