shape
carat
color
clarity

Romantic jewelry story (not mine)..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

Today I got totalking with one of the guys that does painting in and around the hosptial where I work. He is ALWAYS working very hard and seems like a really nice guy. (he’s in his 50’s, I’d say).

So today he commented on my e-ring, said he liked it, and then told me a story.

A friend of his owned a jewelry store in town, so when it was time for him to get engaged, he decided to barter for his soon to be wifes e-ring. He worked day and night in many different places for this guy. He did painting, contracting jobs, basic plumbing, etc in this guys home ,store and other buildings that the guy owned, and eventually got his wife a 2 CARAT RING!

Well, the day after he gave it to her, after having it checked and everything, the stone fell out.

They did not have insurance and I’m not sure of the detaisl, but it was total loss.

Ya know what he did? He worked extra the next few years and again bartered and went and got his wife a 2.5 carat ring, to make up for the loss!
(and immediately got insurance this time)
I thought that was SO ROMANTIC!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so cool. And damn that guy must be a workhorse.
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, pretty sweet guy! Soooo sad the stone fell out the first time.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel so bad that he had to work so hard. AND work harder the second time.
7.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 2:54:06 PM
Author: Chrono
I feel so bad that he had to work so hard. AND work harder the second time.
7.gif

Yeah, all that hard work just to have the stone fall out the next day! So sad
39.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes that''s a very sad story. But with a good ending. I bet his wife was thrilled that he was willing to work for another stone. No matter what the size of the stone his willingness to work for it is very romantic.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I just watched that golf movie with Matt Damon and Will Smith...Bagger Vance. The little boy was so embarrassed that his successful business father had succumbed to the labor of a blue collar street sweeper. It was during the depression and the boy thought such trivial labor was beneath his father. He learned that instead of writing off debt and filing for bankruptcy, as the other men did, he (his father) paid everyone of his debts by selling his assets and then took the job below his level to continue an income. He could have taken the easy way out...but chose not too. I got all warm and fuzzy thinking about his character.

And after learning about this story...fuzziness starts again. This one is far more romantic...but very similar. Thanks for the story!

DKS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results